Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242791 times)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #435 on: April 02, 2011, 05:05:52 pm »
Just a small update to say "I'm still working on things", though I've been busy with "real life work" for a couple of weeks.

These are what I'm working on :

1) Provisional version of Hooded, damaged coat

weeee,
* Surf jumps in circles.
;P

« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2011, 10:21:40 pm »
We want gas mask and nuclear bomb and monsters and bombs and....Its great keep up :D

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2011, 11:13:56 am »
Good to hear it. Im waiting for new clothes! :D

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #438 on: April 04, 2011, 07:39:06 am »
also, do we need inventory images for armors?
or is not a priority?

Offline vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #439 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:44 am »
also, do we need inventory images for armors?
or is not a priority?

inventory images will remain the same, there is no need in changing them.

to lexx post bellow: yeah, my bad sorry :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 06:27:03 pm by vedaras »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #440 on: April 04, 2011, 10:49:14 am »
New armors / clothes will need new inventory images.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2011, 08:02:38 am »
New armors / clothes will need new inventory images.
in this case i can try to make some, but when i will have time, is ok?(i feel useless now cuz i do not have time to make critters)

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2011, 02:43:43 am »
Little progress update : These are all work in progress, but thought it good to show some "half done" things, so people don't think I've given up or disappeared or anything :)

#1 Draft versions of : Ragged, hooded coat; Gangster Suit; Gangster Suit underclothes

#2 approximately in-game size of the same

The hooded ragged clothes are from Surf's suggestion here, and as it's only a "half reference image" but he's got something specific in mind, I'm waiting to hear back from him before I carry on (I might have done it completely wrong). Anyway, it's meant to look like lots of bits of rags sewn together. I haven't done much with the underclothes yet. It needs a lot of tweaking to work at game resolution.

The Gangster suits are from Jimmy BoyX's suggestion here, and I've picked a "generic middle ground" from the images (it should be quite easy to do recolourings, fastened jackets etc by making tiny alterations). After conversation here, the shirt and tie are now attached to the jacket model, rather than painted onto the body model. Jacket and hat only have provisional material on them, and still need all the detail and highlights / shadows painting on. Legs and shoes are near enough done, I think.

The Gangster underclothes... well, you only use the legs on the model, so the vest and braces is not really necessary, but it might be useful for something.

They're nearing the point where I need feedback / suggestions / ideas etc, but I've still got quite a bit of work to do before I'd personally call them "ready for final alterations" - so if there's anything blatantly noticeable, I'm probably already aware of it, but otherwise all thoughts / suggestions would be welcome.

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 14, 2011, 07:01:55 am »

#2 approximately in-game size of the same
Melee gangster ftw :D
Keep up good work.

Offline vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2011, 07:47:26 am »
heh all 3 models look great, good job :>

« Reply #445 on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:26 pm »
Yeah, absolutely superb. Very well done.

« Reply #446 on: April 14, 2011, 01:20:52 pm »
Well.. I've redone gunsmith outfit for female character. its here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CR7BXUW4

theres also a better texture for gasmask there. I made it a bit "warmer" as someone suggested some time ago.

For female gunsmith ive used one of the textures i found in the repository - for the jacket and other apparels texture ive used exactly the same as for male version.

Just two quick pics - sorry for wrong angle:

Anyways - probably its far from perfect. I'm really sorry, I just don't have much time currently. I've decided to upload this, since I dont really know when I'm gonna be able to do anything new. So if anyone feels like messing with the model / texture / whatever - feel free to do so.

By the way - Luther - Great job as always.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:50 pm »
I was unable to import that model in 3DS2010, Tommy, idk why. It says "improper file format". So, I've put it in a different software (called "fragmotion" - great easy to use soft, btw), exported it and imported to obj. Now UV maps are screwed. Could you please re-upload that model? (and also magnum and 14mm pistol).

P.S. Luther, your models are really amazing.

« Reply #448 on: April 14, 2011, 03:49:27 pm »
Hmm.. Thats not good - okay, ill try uploading it in some other format - we will see what happens :)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #449 on: April 14, 2011, 04:33:02 pm »
Umm... might be a little off-topic here, but just want to fill in the gaps.
Can anyone please send me the Metal armor and CA MKII in a .obj or .wings or .3ds? Any format will do, I just want the mesh and texture, will give a little shot on editing them.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.