Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242705 times)

Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #405 on: March 16, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »
As I was just looking at the clothing colours / styles / shapes, I'd deliberately cut out any images which were duplicates of the clothing, and just differed with skin / hair. Could re-extract them and add the rest if it'd be useful though - they were mostly all *AA_024 or *AA_036.

From your list, the only one I specifically remember not seeing was the child girl sprite - the child boy sprite is down as "NPC androgynous" rather than "NPC male", so I'm not sure what I'd be looking for.

[edit] Couldn't find bare torso Cassidy / Metzger either.

AFAIK from reading the forums, the female child sprite was rendered by lisac2k, long, long time ago on NMA.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #406 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:36 pm »
Aha - so that'd be in one of the .dats included with Fonline, rather than in the original critter.dat?

Anyway, slightly more back on topic - duster coat :

1) He's got a little waistcoat now
2) All the wastelands most popular colour variations (brown, slightly brown, off-brown, light brown, black-brown)
3) Several hat pictures included for those who like hats
4) Several non-hat pictures included for those who dislike hats
5) For those who really like hats, there's a close-up of some extra detail, which will probably be invisible in game, but you KNOW it's there, somewhere amongst the pixels when you wear it.

Top row #1 and #4 are probably the two colours I'd pick, for a brown or black option.

It's probably too dark overall (the Fallout sprites seem to have quite a bright midtone, but it's difficult to work out until seeing the model in game) - to be honest, all the colours / highlights will probably all need re-tweaking at a later date, to make sure it matches in-game colour and style, but hopefully that'll do for now.

Unless anyone's got some thoughts / suggestions / things to alter / fix, I'll consider it finished, and export everything ready to be uploaded and sent off to "Karpov's animation factory".

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #407 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:00 pm »
They all look very good, except maybe the "yellowish" one. The rest is really fine, great job you've done there. :>

Out of interest - could you make "fucked up one" out of this? A coat barely hanging together, with dirt stains, patches and a hood etc?

Something like this (@ the hood)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:55:04 pm by Surf »

« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:26 pm »
So here's the gasmask. It's not finished yet, so be sure to make any suggestions that come to your minds. Well... I'm not sure if it's what you expected, no matter if it comes to the style/model of mask or the way how it's done/textured. As I said - If you think it needs any changes, let me know, also if someone wants to fix the texture or the model, let me know, I will send you the files.

Here with my previous outfit as an example - since i didnt want to show it on a nude model :)

Sorry for bad rendering, have no idea how to render it properly, so it looks as "in-game" simmilar as possible.

« Reply #409 on: March 17, 2011, 07:43:26 pm »
Wow great really apreciate for making the gas mask real nice job. But would be awesome if you could make it similar to this

and ofcourse make it white if possible
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:48:42 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #410 on: March 17, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »
Oh my god, what the heck is that? :-\ That gas mask by sigismund doesn't look like a gasmask! TommyTheGun seems to be doing great tho!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #411 on: March 17, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »
Man Tommy it looks good! It looks almost the same like the old sowjet one that I own. :D I'd only do some minor changes like lowering the saturation to make it look more lighter green, but thats just nitpicky. Maybe you could attach some sort of tube or some filter to it?

@ Sigismund: Your Gasmask looks too modern and "badass" to be fit.

« Reply #412 on: March 17, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »
Shit sorry wrong picture

@ Surf something like that ?But why tube if it has air tank

@2 Surf Chaged pic third time lol :D

@Tommy Maybe show us some ingame picture or video please :D pretty please
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:45:11 pm by SIGISMUND »

« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2011, 08:08:32 pm »
Right now im not able to make ingame screenshot/video, I'm sorry :/

I will change the saturation, you are right, but its not a prolem at all since theres a PSD file :)

I'll also try to add the tube. But im not sure if i understand correctly - you guys wan't me to add the small tube/filter to the "main can"?

Also - i actually really like sigmundu's picture. I used to have the very same model of mask, but I agree, it doesnt fit the fallout climate that much. On the other hand, if all goes well - there's no problem to create to models of gasmask - for diversity :)

« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2011, 08:16:17 pm »
Right now im not able to make ingame screenshot/video, I'm sorry :/

I will change the saturation, you are right, but its not a prolem at all since theres a PSD file :)

I'll also try to add the tube. But im not sure if i understand correctly - you guys wan't me to add the small tube/filter to the "main can"?

Also - i actually really like sigmundu's picture. I used to have the very same model of mask, but I agree, it doesnt fit the fallout climate that much. On the other hand, if all goes well - there's no problem to create to models of gasmask - for diversity :)

I'm not really aiming for tube.For me its fine as it is and I'm very happy right now that someone made it.But if you got time maybe you can make a tube version and have 2 gas masks you can choose to wear hmm :) ?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #415 on: March 17, 2011, 08:34:12 pm »
SIGISMUND (hello raynor) changed the picture the third time, so now it IS exactly the same Gasmask, even the same filters etc that I have. ;P Now it looks ok imo - thats a good suggestion.

« Reply #416 on: March 17, 2011, 09:17:57 pm »
I got this gas mask my dad brought when he finnished the army. (its not a picture from me i just showed how it looks)

« Reply #417 on: March 17, 2011, 09:33:23 pm »
There are many different gask mask models around. Personally I love the one with filter on it's side/sides. <3

BTW: Great job Tommy and Luther :D You guys doing amazing!
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #418 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:44 pm »
I adition to the gas mask add a helmeth above head.But only if you make a second one and that could be like a Military Gas Mask or some sort.I think there should be 2 versions a Civil and Military.But I guess I'm talking to much about this now.

You could make the one with the can Military and the other one Civil.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:10:11 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2011, 01:53:26 am »
Out of interest - could you make "fucked up one" out of this? A coat barely hanging together, with dirt stains, patches and a hood etc?

Ooh. Yes, that should be quite fun to do :)

Sorry for bad rendering, have no idea how to render it properly, so it looks as "in-game" simmilar as possible.

I tend to just press "print screen" key on keyboard, then paste it into Photoshop and remove the interface stuff, as the rendering (in Wings 3D) would add a lot of lighting / shine etc to it (mostly because I haven't set up the material or lights at all, and just used default).

Looking good though - is it possible to show a few close-ups of the gas mask face?