Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242883 times)

Offline Solar

• Rotator
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2011, 02:46:17 pm »
Wat.  :o I commented it, I find it nice and it's very good. I personally don't see a reason why we shouldn't use it.

Yup, I think in this case a lack of comments just indicated that it was fine. I have no idea from a technical standpoint, but it looks cool ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #391 on: March 11, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »
Well, yeah...  I didn't want to guess what lack of comments mean, since it doesn't always indicate that people like something ;) I know you did comment it, Surf and thanks for that, I was hoping for some more comments, since there are a lot of people discussing 3d matter. Anyways - thanks for your opinions - I think after all trying to create some more models might not be a bd idea. I was thinking about the gas mask.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #392 on: March 11, 2011, 03:07:10 pm »
I was thinking about the gas mask.

I approve! :) Really need it for an area I am making.

« Reply #393 on: March 11, 2011, 06:58:10 pm »
gas mask is need to in FOnline.and it shouldn't be to hard to make since it doesen't need much animation.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2011, 01:35:15 am »
Thought this might be useful as reference material (I put it together for myself for that purpose, but thought it worth sharing) :

Should be most, if not all the humanoid sprites from FO2. The palette's done some strange things in a couple of places - some of the "very white" is green (like on doctor's shoulder), but it's enough to see roughly what's going on.

Not to say we're recreating all the NPCs, but these are existing styles of clothes and armour, which people realistically may want to use on their characters, or at least want to look at for reference regarding appropriate colours or styles - i.e. I think Vic's style of waistcoat would suit as the style for the underclothes on the duster jacket I'm working on, and the brown used for the tribal trousers might be a good colour for the jacket itself.

The range of "peasant clothes" in particular is probably worth looking at for the character's "basic clothes".

[edit] Even the ghouls / midget etc - they're still wearing clothes. I'm sure they don't just make mechanic's dungarees in "midget size" only.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:37:47 am by Luther Blissett »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2011, 01:58:43 pm »
Very nice table, Luther.
This picture led me to the idea:

Maybe Metal Armor MK1 could be done with only one shoulder pad? Yes, it's a bit unfalloutish (we can see, that Mk1 have two shoulder pads from the sprite), but this would make this armor more recognizable from the distance.

Also, I've structured your table a little, according to Jostisz models.

P.S. TommyTheGun, would you like me to add your armor to the tracker?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:27:27 pm by Graf »

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2011, 04:01:55 pm »

I disagree with the Fourth Row.

Why would the stocky, "barrel-chested" guys be in the same model with the slumped over Sandy Robed guy?

EDIT: Also, I've always wondered. What is that on Mordino's Men's head? A power helmet with rep optics? Or a mask or what?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #397 on: March 14, 2011, 04:18:36 pm »
Cryptopsy, it's not necessary to quote the whole post with a picture.
Concerning the fourth row, suggest a better fitting model, if you can. Otherwise, move forward.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #398 on: March 14, 2011, 04:23:28 pm »
EDIT: Also, I've always wondered. What is that on Mordino's Men's head? A power helmet with rep optics? Or a mask or what?

It's a bandana.
Cryptopsy, it's not necessary to quote the whole post with a picture.
Concerning the fourth row, suggest a better fitting model, if you can. Otherwise, move forward.

It fits the fifth row better, imo.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #399 on: March 14, 2011, 04:27:17 pm »
It fits the fifth row better, imo.
Ok.

« Reply #400 on: March 14, 2011, 06:24:27 pm »
Jotisz' meshes will need a retopo, they seem very high-poly to me.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »
The models that Karpov made are better so I started editing his base here to have the proportion of these two is done fat and super mutant.
The original models I made are made up of 722 vertex and they look high poly cause I added them a subsurf modifier (with that they are realy high polies)
Btw I also trying to put together a similar chart that will have all critters from all views I hope it will be a useful reference for future models.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #402 on: March 16, 2011, 08:25:59 am »
awsome job

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #403 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:04 pm »
Are missing in these pictures: Redhead trapper girl. Redhead bluesuit girl. Lynette. Black bluesuit man. Black metal armor man. All PA/APA. Punk leather-jacket woman. Child boy and child girl. Bare-torso Metzger. Hero-male tribal.

Not very important but worth mentioning (there are the four robe colors there, so I thought it got to be fully filled with game's skins :p)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #404 on: March 16, 2011, 07:22:53 pm »
Are missing in these pictures: Redhead trapper girl. Redhead bluesuit girl. Lynette. Black bluesuit man. Black metal armor man. All PA/APA. Punk leather-jacket woman. Child boy and child girl. Bare-torso Metzger. Hero-male tribal.

Not very important but worth mentioning (there are the four robe colors there, so I thought it got to be fully filled with game's skins :p)

As I was just looking at the clothing colours / styles / shapes, I'd deliberately cut out any images which were duplicates of the clothing, and just differed with skin / hair. Could re-extract them and add the rest if it'd be useful though - they were mostly all *AA_024 or *AA_036.

From your list, the only one I specifically remember not seeing was the child girl sprite - the child boy sprite is down as "NPC androgynous" rather than "NPC male", so I'm not sure what I'd be looking for.

[edit] Couldn't find bare torso Cassidy / Metzger either.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:29:44 pm by Luther Blissett »