Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242775 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2011, 09:14:20 am »
Good model, Tommy. I wonder to see it in game someday.
P.S. Is there anything new about of Sawed-off Shotgun? As I remember, you've said that you can make it.

« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2011, 11:22:02 am »
Yeah, tried to finish the model I posted before but it's too messed up, so I'll have to start again. I concentrated on the model I posted few posts back, cause creating it was really on my mind for quite some time already.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2011, 11:28:47 am »
You're kidding Tommy? It looks very good, especially considering that it was your very first attempt at doing this.

« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2011, 12:04:07 pm »
I meant sawn-off :) - Which I try to do right now, Its a pain in the ass though. I'm not sure how it should be done on that part which .. erm... "opens"/"bends".

When it comes to that outfit - I consider it done. Unless you guys have any ideas how to improve it or what needs to be changed. I really hope for some comments, cause I'm not sure if you like it and if you want it ingame. I know I do - but it's my model (well - my idea, as i said - if not for Luther, I would never finish it) so i can't be really factual about it.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2011, 01:03:05 pm »
After this will the PA and APA be available for players?

Availability of PA does not depend on if there is a model of it or not. If it is ever available it will be for members of BoS/Enclave who are suitably high ranked and inside Faction specific things.

Can't see Tommy's model yet, work blocks pictures ... something to look forward to tonight ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:18 pm »
Availability of PA does not depend on if there is a model of it or not. If it is ever available it will be for members of BoS/Enclave who are suitably high ranked and inside Faction specific things.

So what you are trying to tell me is that, thats how all those guys got the NCR Ranger armor?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
No, ranger armor ingame right now was given out long time ago (but only like 8 items or so).

« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »
OK.Thanks for answering.But still a lesser version of a Power Armor should be made available for players.Atleast in my opinion.

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2011, 06:27:35 pm »
OK.Thanks for answering.But still a lesser version of a Power Armor should be made available for players.Atleast in my opinion.

A lesser version? Would be weaker than CA ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »
Unpowered power armor ::)
But yeah. If there will possibility for people from various factions to acquire APA/PA at some point I believe it will be good to make one more for public use(Possible to craft without being a member of BoS/Enclave) but at heavy cost (Eg. electronic modules/specific platings aqcuirable from "dungeons" and craft-grind - to make it much more harder to get)
But it's not the topic concerning power armors and I believe devs don't plan anything like that for now.
That's why we should keep working on low and mid end equipment.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:34 pm »
Or do a couple of quests like to get blueprints of the power armor and then get some special resources etc

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2011, 09:11:57 pm »
Lets just stop this one in its tracks. PA will never be widely available and when (if) eventually it will be possible to get it, it would only be on a short term loan basis from the faction for specific time periods.

Now, lets not pointlessly derail this thread further.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »
So I tried to do something on my own. The idea was to create an outfit that came to my mind while creating one of my chars. (Since I'm not a fan of powerbuilds and rather fancy RP, I always try to imagine how my character would look). It's supposed to be a gunsmith/gunslinger - a fastshooter using revolvers. Something like this.

I decided to try my luck with remaking the model of Luther (CLJ) and on a base of it, create mine.

Luther was kind enough to let me do it, throw me a thousands of very useful advices, keep telling me what needs to be redone etc. Both when it comes to model and texture I wouldnt be able to finish the work if not for his help.

I mean - I know the model isn't the most amazing thing you've seen - but I've never try to create model like this so i guess its not bad for my first run. Anyway:

It looks something like this:

comparing to the fallout char:

Sorry for bad quality - first of all imageshack seems to change the quality of pics, second thing is that im not sure how to render or print screen the model so it looks like in fonline.

Anyway - if someone is gonna be interested in adding the model to the game, if you guys have any suggestions (i was thinking about adding a gun to the holster for example) or want to share your opinion about the model, please don't hesitate :)

OH. And why add something like this? Lets say - an outfit you can choose after some quest or after you get small guns gunsmith proffesion on 3rd level, you can get it or you are able to craft it. I donno.

Okay I don't want to bother you with things you are clearly not interested in but there's not much happening in this topic anyway, so.

I understand the model isn't interesting enough to be commented by the most of you. But I've spent a lot of time on it and i just asked for decent feedback.

I mean - You could at least write that it sucks so much, you don't know what to write, but otherwise, I would like to know if you guys like it if you guys think it's okay but don't see the point introducing it,  if you think it doesn't fit the setting or it's ugly and need a huge improvement. Anyway - I won't know it if you won't write it. I think that commenting this won't be THAT big deal.

Also - I want to help with 3d development, still - I won't if I don't improve my "3d abilities" - and I won't if I won't get any reasonable feedback etc.

So that's about that.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #388 on: March 11, 2011, 02:24:50 pm »
Wat.  :o I commented it, I find it nice and it's very good. I personally don't see a reason why we shouldn't use it.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #389 on: March 11, 2011, 02:37:58 pm »
Has anyone thought of NCR style Police outfits? Y'know, the ol "boys in blue"?