Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242756 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2011, 09:01:39 pm »
If Redding at least doesn't give you a watern-vibe, then I don't know. Beside this, lots of areas on the worldmap are typical western locations, such as the mojave area.
Lexx, sorry for asking it here, but it's very interesting to me - does a developer team have any plans of expanding a game world to FT or/and FNV areas? There is already a projects that's recreating these games in 2D (if you're interested, I can give a link to them).

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2011, 09:44:44 pm »
No, we stick to what we have right now. Also we will not make the worldmap bigger, etc. it's already too much right now.

Plus, I personally think that it's a waste of time, trying to convert these games into Fallout 1 & 2 style. They are just way too different in more than just graphical way.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2011, 11:25:53 pm »
If Redding at least doesn't give you a watern-vibe, then I don't know. Beside this, lots of areas on the worldmap are typical western locations, such as the mojave area.

Yeah i see it in Redding, but it seems SO out of place in this game. Always has to me. Even when playing singleplayer, I hated going to redding. It just seemed so dumb.

« Reply #363 on: March 05, 2011, 07:42:33 am »
I do not think that women's power armor, to remodeling. This is a big, after all, a lot of armor. Will not make much sense, if you can see through it the chest, etc. and robe, this is as androgyn model, in the original game, in the same well...

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #364 on: March 05, 2011, 07:53:42 pm »

Generic long coat (with optional "Cowboy hat", for those which are into that sort of thing).

Reminds me Yul Brynner in Magnificient Seven so much (because this model is presented with russian face :>).
It would be really nice if Redding militia used those.

Anyway, any idea how would this thing look with some additional assets like gas mask on neck ?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #365 on: March 05, 2011, 07:58:53 pm »
Reminds me Yul Brynner in Magnificient Seven so much (because this model is presented with russian face :>).
It would be really nice if Redding militia used those.

Anyway, any idea how would this thing look with some additional assets like gas mask on neck ?

You've got Tycho in mind? ;)
And yeah, it looks good. :)

« Reply #366 on: March 05, 2011, 11:25:34 pm »
But anyways, in my opinion, I am just saying that  a cowboy hat may be a little farfetched.

Cowboy hat isn't only for cowboys. Cowboys just wore it because of reasons related to lots of sunlight and heat, which also exists in wasteland.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #367 on: March 05, 2011, 11:47:19 pm »
Cowboy hat isn't only for cowboys. Cowboys just wore it because of reasons related to lots of sunlight and heat, which also exists in wasteland.

I agree, if anything, some of the more isolated locations ought to have more of your rustic, 50's and earlier styled clothing. When we get easy clothing going, I really think some of the NPC's ought to look folksy, if it's possible. An even mix of hillbillish, and Farmer Brown from the Midwest, essentially.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2011, 11:49:04 pm »
I agree, if anything, some of the more isolated locations ought to have more of your rustic, 50's and earlier styled clothing. When we get easy clothing going, I really think some of the NPC's ought to look folksy, if it's possible. An even mix of hillbillish, and Farmer Brown from the Midwest, essentially.

Yep, this mixed with the already mentionend western-influences is the way to go.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #369 on: March 06, 2011, 09:29:50 am »
how about a beginer quest to chose your skin
posible skins:
-vault suit(vc explorer(from and atack his face and memory is changed)
-cowboy(survivor of the west)
-farmer(raiders raided his farm)
-merchant(raiders raided him)
etc

« Reply #370 on: March 06, 2011, 02:27:29 pm »
Better to start naked and have some possibility of changing/selecting your normal clothes. Anyway - we shouldn't worry about that right now as it's devs job.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #371 on: March 06, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »

So are sombreros. Jesus. Want one of those in the game, too?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2011, 02:52:12 pm »
We are close to the borders of mexico.

« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2011, 10:37:56 pm »
So I tried to do something on my own. The idea was to create an outfit that came to my mind while creating one of my chars. (Since I'm not a fan of powerbuilds and rather fancy RP, I always try to imagine how my character would look). It's supposed to be a gunsmith/gunslinger - a fastshooter using revolvers. Something like this.

I decided to try my luck with remaking the model of Luther (CLJ) and on a base of it, create mine.

Luther was kind enough to let me do it, throw me a thousands of very useful advices, keep telling me what needs to be redone etc. Both when it comes to model and texture I wouldnt be able to finish the work if not for his help.

I mean - I know the model isn't the most amazing thing you've seen - but I've never try to create model like this so i guess its not bad for my first run. Anyway:

It looks something like this:

comparing to the fallout char:

Sorry for bad quality - first of all imageshack seems to change the quality of pics, second thing is that im not sure how to render or print screen the model so it looks like in fonline.

Anyway - if someone is gonna be interested in adding the model to the game, if you guys have any suggestions (i was thinking about adding a gun to the holster for example) or want to share your opinion about the model, please don't hesitate :)

OH. And why add something like this? Lets say - an outfit you can choose after some quest or after you get small guns gunsmith proffesion on 3rd level, you can get it or you are able to craft it. I donno.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:02:57 am by TommyTheGun »

« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2011, 12:32:21 am »
After this will the PA and APA be available for players?