Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242773 times)

Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2011, 03:19:32 pm »
Also - CIA, FBI, any security forces / turbo-secret-ultra-government-groups etc are always shown as people in black suits, with dark sunglasses :)

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2011, 05:07:43 pm »
Your post has been a full quote-post, that's why it got deleted. Also consider yourself to be warned. The next "dick head" might ban you instead.

what does that even mean, mr big scary developer?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »
Your post has been one big quote with nothing else inside, thats what it means. The later part was aimed at your insult.

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2011, 06:42:32 pm »
The next "dick head" might ban you instead.

I love the sidenote towards le almighty moderator  ;)

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2011, 07:14:49 pm »
what does that even mean, mr big scary developer?

Moderator pulls the modcard and bans the fuckhead, if he drunkposts shit again.

« Reply #350 on: March 04, 2011, 07:51:50 am »
Holy shit, it is awesome. Today, I'm loging on the forum and I'm seeing it. All models are great and fantastic. Well done and keep it development! I'm waiting for new screenshots and videos of new models.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2011, 01:21:43 pm »
Moderator pulls the modcard and bans the fuckhead, if he drunkposts shit again.

Mods, basically he just called me a "drunk fuckhead." But seriously, fuckhead is offensive. I got warned for dickhead. So I think fuckhead should be off limits too.

Thank you.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #352 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:05 pm »
Please don't fill these threads with crap. I will just remove anything else on this subject without notice, no matter who is posting.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2011, 06:36:28 pm »
I've got this far with the "generic long coat" model (this variation being a "western-style duster jacket"), but need some hints / tips / thoughts / suggesitons on where to go to from here. The model itself isn't a great deal different from the NCR troop's long coat.

Generic long coat (with optional "Cowboy hat", for those which are into that sort of thing).

Hat can obviously be separated, but I'm sure you can make him bald in your imagination for this picture :-)
I'd done a couple of tests with colours and alterations, and it should also work in black, grey, light brown, and with minimal changes, an "olive military trenchcoat" as well.

It's noticeable from the little "approximate game size" version in the corner, that the little pockets are probably not going to be visible at game resolution, so will at least need another round of increasing highlight / shadows etc. I've not done much with the shirt / trousers so far, other than a quick recolour and adding a belt. Also not sure if the overall brown colour is too "rich" in tone, and looks too clean / new etc.

Anyway, it doesn't look finished to me, but I could do with some suggestions about what needs doing to it from here. I'm particularly wary of it looking too much "Wild West" and not enough "Fallout".

« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2011, 06:39:52 pm »
As a new player, i'm stunned and amazed by your work, 3d artist guys. Can't wait for seeing them in-game, some day.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #355 on: March 04, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »
I've got this far with the "generic long coat" model (this variation being a "western-style duster jacket"), but need some hints / tips / thoughts / suggesitons on where to go to from here. The model itself isn't a great deal different from the NCR troop's long coat.

Generic long coat (with optional "Cowboy hat", for those which are into that sort of thing.)

I agree, the cowboy hat should be taken out due to the WIld West mentality it brings. But the duster is awesome. It's still got a primitive/Wastelandish look without the yeehaw to it. If it were black or Dark dark brown, it would be even better, in my opinion

« Reply #356 on: March 04, 2011, 07:18:16 pm »

Generic long coat (with optional "Cowboy hat", for those which are into that sort of thing).

Hat can obviously be separated, but I'm sure you can make him bald in your imagination for this picture :-)
I'd done a couple of tests with colours and alterations, and it should also work in black, grey, light brown, and with minimal changes, an "olive military trenchcoat" as well.

It's noticeable from the little "approximate game size" version in the corner, that the little pockets are probably not going to be visible at game resolution, so will at least need another round of increasing highlight / shadows etc. I've not done much with the shirt / trousers so far, other than a quick recolour and adding a belt. Also not sure if the overall brown colour is too "rich" in tone, and looks too clean / new etc.

Anyway, it doesn't look finished to me, but I could do with some suggestions about what needs doing to it from here. I'm particularly wary of it looking too much "Wild West" and not enough "Fallout".
Simply put: Love ya' for the cowboy hat mate. I was looking forward to see it :D Will kill for black version! I don't feel that it's totally out of fallout but its implementation will be up to devs. Coat is great as well :>
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #357 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:49 pm »
I agree, the cowboy hat should be taken out due to the WIld West mentality it brings.

Fallout always has been kind of a sci-fi western. Especially towns like Modoc, Redding and Co. are pure western cities.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #358 on: March 04, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »
Fallout always has been kind of a sci-fi western. Especially towns like Modoc, Redding and Co. are pure western cities.

Just because farming is prominent in a world where people are rebuilding and it happens to be based in the WESTERN US, doesn't mean it's "Western" as the movie industry would portray.

But anyways, in my opinion, I am just saying that  a cowboy hat may be a little farfetched.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #359 on: March 04, 2011, 08:19:10 pm »
If Redding at least doesn't give you a watern-vibe, then I don't know. Beside this, lots of areas on the worldmap are typical western locations, such as the mojave area.