Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 243417 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:00 pm »
I thought about having a new model for it and not trying to retexture the combat armor. (like the NCR ranger armor beeing a new model too)

No BoS symbol on the BoS CA? :(

It was too big and blurry, imo.

« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »
Enclave symbol might be not visible because I darkened it a little bit. It might be good idea to make him little bigger and more "pure" white to be visible from distance. Still - no way it will look like E with stars in 100% zoom :P Rather like "something's here".
Ye, I've deleted BoS symbol for now. Looked much more crappy.

Hm. Maybe it will be better idea to make Enclave CA little less dark? More like dark grey. It looks little like Leather Jacket indeed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:09:14 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2011, 10:05:26 pm »
Imho each CA should differ not only in color but also in some (visible) details. Leave CA and CA MKII as they are since they are almost perfect (maybe only use brighter coloring because its pretty dark green right now and it does not look like the sprite one) but both Enclave and BoS CA should have their own modifications other than color.

Also I dunno why everything connected with Enclave tends to be described as black/bad/evil... AFAIK they are remains of US government right? Therefore some blue/red/white would be my choice of colors since as the only "real" human left, Enclave are highly patriotic and imho they would use colors from the flag on their equipment. Right now Enclave CA looks like if its designed for black ops, which it pretty much could be since we know that Enclave use not only their own stuff but regular PA/CA too. So Enclave CA could be their modified version of CA which is designed to allow its wearer to be silent/fast/hidden at a cost of thinner armor plates and therefore lower bullet resistance.

But its the purpose and background of an armor that should dictate its look not other way around.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:17 pm »
Also I dunno why everything connected with Enclave tends to be described as black/bad/evil... AFAIK they are remains of US government right?

Still, APA is black ;) This choice wasn't made by us, but by BIS.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:14:59 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »
I agree with Sius, since the enclave is representing the goverment, they could at least use the flag of the United States.
 I think they tried to make them look evil because they are the ones that you fight against in the game. Here in Fonline 2238 you can join them if you want, and that does not mean you have to be evil.

Anyway, I tried to add the highlights, but it ended up looking like Robocop.  ;D

PS. if you look closely, he is wearing a backpack, but it is a small one. It was already in the game, from Van Buren items.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:29:18 pm by Karpov »

« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »
But where do you want to put that flag? They already have Enclave emblem. Making troops in "flag" colours is not the best choice because we're not in medieval or napoleonic times. Let me quote Fallout wikia:
The Enclave is a shadowy, militaristic organization, directly descended from the pre-War United States government and military industrial complex that claims authority over the ravaged nation. The Enclave is comprised mostly of descendants of government officials and military officers with ties to powerful corporations who retreated to a Poseidon Energy oil rig when the Great War started. Members generally consider most people born outside the Enclave to be mutants fit only for eradication.
They are shadowy isolationists. These guys must be fuckin' skilled commandos who use advantage of surprise attacks and night operations(Remember that their number is highly limited). BIS made them "dark way" and they are not like regular army so I think making Enclave CA black was the best choice we could make. We got heavy armor for them (APA) so their CA might be treated just like Sius said - something like for black ops.

"Robocop" one looks good :D This way this armor differs from Leather Jacket and looks more like "Police force" or something :-P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:14:33 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:42 pm »
looks more like "Police force" or something

Thats exactly what I thought. The NCR Armour makes use of some kind of old police riot armour and this has the same look - which is quite fitting for a decendant of the US governement.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2011, 10:44:11 am »
I agree with Sius, since the enclave is representing the goverment, they could at least use the flag of the United States.
 I think they tried to make them look evil because they are the ones that you fight against in the game. Here in Fonline 2238 you can join them if you want, and that does not mean you have to be evil.

Anyway, I tried to add the highlights, but it ended up looking like Robocop.  ;D

PS. if you look closely, he is wearing a backpack, but it is a small one. It was already in the game, from Van Buren items.

Maybe make it a bit blueish like my crappy fast shopped example here :

Great model anyway :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:46:24 am by Andr3aZ »

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2011, 10:44:53 am »
This is my own speculation, but I think the APA spirit turned out so dark because of the F2 intro. The attack is made by nigth so the dark enviroment is reflected in the metalic armor. The spirit was made to look like in the intro, but there is also a APA talking head and that is grey-metalic.

I kind of like the robocop armour ;)

Offline manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:01 am »
Blue doesnt suit Enclave. Karpov texture is very good.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2011, 07:43:55 pm »
I personally dislike the stereotypical "hey they are teh evil, they must wear black, have claws and maybe some glowing eyes" trope too.
Maybe some more grey-ish attempt could work? I've never seen the APA as black, more metallic gray too...

« Reply #341 on: March 01, 2011, 07:49:05 pm »
"hey they are teh evil, they must wear black, have claws and maybe some glowing eyes" trope too.

Maybe yes but black combat armor is awesome and I think it "fits" to Enclave.

Anyway I'm really happy to see more various of combat armors and other clothes. Good work again guys!

« Reply #342 on: March 01, 2011, 08:21:59 pm »
IMO the Enclave CombatArmor looks very good.
But next to the APA it looks out of place.

they should looking good when you see them together. maybe both should use a similar texture?
How i learned to love the bomb...

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:47 pm »
Btw. I think the APA is lacking some shinyness in the game, that's what make it look like it is *not* out of some special hightech material, but dark metal.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2011, 02:55:08 pm »
Greencell: You're showing a blue version of the Enclave CA, the one that will be used (until further notice from devs or so) is the black one. Edit: Blah! You're right, it's not black enough compared with the APA, nice one!

Agreed all the way with Smartcheetah on the color of their armor. APA is black, why should we give the other troopers some white or green armor? Plus, Enclave is stealthy, in shadows, and BIS decided to give them black APA :P Color also does not mean they are evil, Brotherhood soldiers wear white, shiny armors yet they are far from being on the good side.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer