Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242777 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2011, 07:00:23 pm »
The logo is way to badly stretched and big, imo.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »
Don't know about you, but I'm satisfied!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2011, 09:14:24 pm »
I personally hate the brown and black collage in the Enclave combat armor
I wanted to make it just like on Icon. By brown you mean those "red" lines? We can change them to whatever colour you guys wish. It can have even no colour at all. What'd ya guys think?
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2011, 09:17:14 pm »
He means the black armor and brown pants. He doesn't like the pants are brown and are too much contrasted. Pants are going to be from character anyway not from armor, right?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »
Pants are going to be from character anyway not from armor, right?

What do you mean by "from character"? Armor should also cover pants, as in 2D sprited, shouldn't it?

Also I personnally do like brown pants, maybe they could be darker though.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »
What do you mean by "from character"? Armor should also cover pants, as in 2D sprited, shouldn't it?

Also I personnally do like brown pants, maybe they could be darker though.
Pants will be painted on the character, or something, I guess.  They'll be part of the original outfit the character is wearing, from what I understand.

« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2011, 10:04:50 pm »
Yeah, don't worry about pants. They will have other texture like I said already in my post.
Karpov was testing old version of my retexture and that's how it looks like:

As you can see pants and "blouse" parts are pure black. That's because they use different texture. I believe it will enable us to make CA wearable on eg. Vault Suit or other stuff. Still I'm not sure about Karpov's plan.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:13:54 pm by SmartCheetah »

« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2011, 10:06:26 pm »
I just hope you keep your 'clothing' layer upon death. Otherwise we're never going to be rid of bluesuits.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2011, 10:14:54 pm »
As you can see pants and "blouse" parts are pure black. That's because they use different texture. I believe it will enable us to make CA wearable on eg. Vault Suit or other stuff.

That's the idea, but not with the combat armor, I think it is like an uniform, and the clothing should be locked. Recently I separated armor clothing into another layer, and added 2 extra clothing layers. That makes the clothing you chose for your character to override the regular clothes of the armor. But of course, it can be deactivated. In that case, all armors would have their own clothing, just like in the original sprites. However, this is not implemented totally, and I have to change all this from console commands.

That black outfit is actually a missing texture, it renders black in my pc. But you can see how it would look with black pants.

And your clothing layer stays the same when you die, because it is just a value inside the character data.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2011, 10:15:48 pm »
I just hope you keep your 'clothing' layer upon death. Otherwise we're never going to be rid of bluesuits.

Aren't blue suits going to be now to VC only? Hey... that could make an idea - you can buy vault suits at VC, just like robes from Necropolis!

« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2011, 10:26:04 pm »
And you will be able to change this "clothing layer" after creating a character in some way? I mean - you know, let's say we start as a naked dude and later on we can change it into some kind of clothing. Month later we get bored of it so we change it into something else. Should be possible with use of scripts I think.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:29 pm »
Well, yes, every command that I write in the console can run from a script , I guess.

Basically what I need now is to link that armor clothing layer to the armor layer, so that the clothing and armor apply toghether when you wear it. Also it would be useful to have a little button beside the armor slot, that turns on and off that clothing layer. Without this, it does not work too well to be honest.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2011, 10:57:07 pm »
My vision is the following: There will be various "clothe items" available. Equip them and the item disappears, but your character takes over the outfit as default skin.

That's nothing officially right now, but how I could imagine it to work.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »
Aren't blue suits going to be now to VC only?

They better be :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:32 pm »
My vision is the following: There will be various "clothe items" available. Equip them and the item disappears, but your character takes over the outfit as default skin.

As Aradesh said: "Yeees, yes yes yes, pleeeaaase..."