Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 243053 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:57 pm »
Thanks Cheetah  :)

The animation is only on the tail of the coat, the rest goes attached to the character as usual. So you can change the upper part, and why not the tail as well, the animation stays the same.

So with this one beeing kind of done, now NCR ranger patrol armor shall be next. :p

With the coat animation, by the way, we could do some neat wild western dusters.

:-[When I was talking with Luther, he mentioned the duster that Doc Emmet Brown wears in Back to the Future part 3.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #286 on: February 27, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »
Ok, 3d ARMORS development tracker is less of more ready to use. Here's the link to it.
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_armors_development_tracker

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #287 on: February 27, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »
Very good job on that article Graf! Hope to see it filled up soon :)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #288 on: February 27, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »
I see the NCR uniform must be corrected, but what exactly, besides of texture?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #289 on: February 27, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »
Very good job on that article Graf! Hope to see it filled up soon :)
Thanks for positive feedback :)

I see the NCR uniform must be corrected, but what exactly, besides of texture?
Oh, sry, this info is outdated a bit. I've fixed it now. Texture is the only thing necessary atm.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #290 on: February 27, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »
Now I see whats wrong with the leather armor. The shoulder pads shouldn't be as green as they are? Doesn't looks to me as it's some light issue on the 2d animations.

The metal armor - as shiny as it is - looks to me more like the Mark 2 version too and not the shabby normal one.

The "NCR Ranger Armor (Desert Combat Armor) " will not be a recolored combat armor later. It was always intended to be this. But due to the 2d graphics, it could only be a recolored combat armor.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:29:11 pm by Lexx »

« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

Pretty much this. Don't give a fuck about pants because it will be another texture anyway. If you want to see it in game you must wait a little (Textures need a little tweaking as I made a huge mess with them which I don't like)

Enclave CA need a little colour tweak. If you look closely shoulderpads and other parts are little different than chest (It's because of red hue I Used for liners)
Makin' "gold" collar on MARK2 armor less gold does looks like shit. This one was the best I could achieve without making it look like cloth or something. It should look great from the distance thou'
I left helmets the way they were, just recolouring them. There are few details like some kind of inscription(Normal & Mk. II) and little brotherhood logo or some other little shit(on BoS one) but texturing helmet UV map is kinda hard. Especially with symbols(Bolts on BoS armor went bad+not visible as well)
I had few major problems with BoS collar, just because of UV Map and lack of "shiny metallic" texture which will fit (so I hand-painted it).
Looks similiar to cloth but on the distance it doesn't really matter. There is always room for improvement.

I tried to mix sprite+Inventory Images(remembering that each armor should differ a little) as much as I could. Still, I hate texturing armors with that texture resolution ;_;
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:21:22 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #292 on: February 27, 2011, 06:22:25 pm »
If Enclave's CA as the E painted over the torso, could is possible for BoS CA to have the Brotherhood logo (circle with sword) painted too?

(Edit: Impressive pic in Smartcheetah's post!)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:25:09 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #293 on: February 27, 2011, 06:23:37 pm »
Looks pretty good to me.

« Reply #294 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »
If Enclave's CA as the E painted over the torso, could is possible for BoS CA to have the Brotherhood logo (circle with sword) painted too?

(Edit: Impressive pic in Smartcheetah's post!)

Sure. Brb, I'll post image in 10 minutes. 'gonna see how it will look.

Way too stretched for me. Blame UV map :P It worked with "E" but logo doesn't look that good. On the distance it will look like white point anyway.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:37:58 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2011, 06:27:19 pm »
It was just a suggestion, maybe devs don't want the logo on it ;D But let's see how it looks then!
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2011, 06:28:11 pm »
Shit, that looks awesome!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #297 on: February 27, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »
Very pretty :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #298 on: February 27, 2011, 06:44:40 pm »
Holy shit... what I see... NCR Armor looks fantastic and this coat... exelent job guys! Combat Armors are awesome too.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #299 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:48 pm »

Hey, that looks good for a start. I hope this version with the emblem painted on torso will be chosen :) (Fast and good work Cheetah! As usual :P)
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer