Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 243187 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2011, 04:12:32 pm »
Not currently - it depends what's wanted / needed in game I suppose. If those types are needed, then I (or someone else) can / will do them at some point. I'm currently looking at finishing a few other generic long coats, based on this model, then picking my way through a few bits on the "suggestions board" (like your gangster suits suggestion, for example), or reading the "Fallout Bible" to see if there's anything else that could / should exist.

« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2011, 04:21:46 pm »
Not currently - it depends what's wanted / needed in game I suppose. If those types are needed, then I (or someone else) can / will do them at some point. I'm currently looking at finishing a few other generic long coats, based on this model, then picking my way through a few bits on the "suggestions board" (like your gangster suits suggestion, for example), or reading the "Fallout Bible" to see if there's anything else that could / should exist.

You could work on finishing up and texturing some the necessary armors: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=13877.0

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2011, 04:23:29 pm »
We are in California, no Anchorage anywhere around.

« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2011, 04:46:43 pm »
I'll try to work on CA textures. Will get you guys know if I finish something.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #274 on: February 26, 2011, 05:06:49 pm »
Do you know which are "free", as in their original author doesn't want to do them? Is it the ones with a gap in the author column?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »
Yes. If you need the model ,send me a PM.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2011, 06:48:43 pm »
Hello, last night mister Blissett sent me the NCR Ranger combat armor. I added it to the game. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y3iBGQpX6s

I made a little experiment with it, and so far it is a success. What I tried to do was to animate the coat along with the character, emulating the clothing movement. It might require some changes, specially running, but I'm glad it works fine anyway.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2011, 06:51:37 pm »
Man this looks really good, amazing job!

Offline Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2011, 07:05:49 pm »
That Ranger armor looks great. Keep up the awesome work, all of you. (It's actually motivating me to do some quests)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »
Seing this coat on the ranger, is there any chance the same just with different texture can be applied to normal armors/or standalone "armor"?
Just to have a coat, you know. :) Good for the deserts heat...

Just as the Rangerarmor likely be rare and a higher tier armor.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2011, 07:10:39 pm »
Purrfect. Thanks. :)

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »
Hello, last night mister Blissett sent me the NCR Ranger combat armor. I added it to the game. Here's the video.

I made a little experiment with it, and so far it is a success. What I tried to do was to animate the coat along with the character, emulating the clothing movement. It might require some changes, specially running, but I'm glad it works fine anyway.

That's works really well - excellent work again :-).

For extra coat models developed from this, should I keep the coat shape identical, or can I make small changes to the collar / shoulders without making the animation more difficult?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2011, 07:38:34 pm »
So with this one beeing kind of done, now NCR ranger patrol armor shall be next. :p

With the coat animation, by the way, we could do some neat wild western dusters.

« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:27 pm »

Beautiful job Karpov and Luther!  8) Hard to not fell in love.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!