Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242779 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2011, 03:22:52 pm »
I don't think we should use the original textures. First, they are too detailed and a big part of that would be lost when resizing. Also , we need a texture that can be seen from far, like the Fallout perspective, and the New Vegas textures ar not prepared for that. I used for the NCR trooper a texture from NV, but when the zoom was not active it looked really flat. And, last but not least,  just as Lexx said, we would not want some lawyer to come try to screw up our work  :P.

Offline ChikChik

• ... and I'am all out of gum!
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2011, 05:57:50 pm »
Leather armor MK2

Yes, very well, but i think pant should have a different color with armor, maybe green.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2011, 06:30:37 pm »
Could you make it look like the leather was smooth and shiny? I think the MK2 should have some kind of "premium" leather.

pistacja made some robes for the woman model. I think they blend quite good into the environment.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2011, 06:45:21 pm »
pistacja made some robes for the woman model. I think they blend quite good into the environment.

Looks good, I think I see some texture tinkering but only for the better, and I don't remember doing the purple texture^^ 

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »
The robe looks good. But maybe the face should be covered more? Looks a bit like a nun right now.

« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2011, 07:19:59 pm »
The robe looks good. But maybe the face should be covered more? Looks a bit like a nun right now.
Yeah, thought about the same thing. Hood should be little more deeper to cover greater part of face.

As you can see, this dude face is almost entirely covered by hood and its shadow.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2011, 08:40:24 pm »
Could someone give my NCR trooper model a decent texture? I'm plain bad at texturing right now and i have currently really no time to tinker with correct seams, which are a great pain in the ass.

Artist credits are guaranteed.

The Robes look really good, btw, i remember a MetalArmor/Robes combination somewhere on NMA, that looked pretty cool.

« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:48 pm »
You mean Metal Armor worn on Robes? That sounds nice and i guess it wouldnt be a problem to "connect" those two models?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2011, 12:26:24 am »
That would require having the robes as clothing. However that is not even implemented, I could not tell you how it is going to be. :-\

Gray, I'm sorry, I missed the female combat armor before, I'm downloading it now.

Offline Gray

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:33 am »
Gray, I'm sorry, I missed the female combat armor before, I'm downloading it now.
My fault. I've relaxed since I've finished it. I've forgot to PM you as usual.

Attention, guys. I repeat, my own textures a horrible. If you want CA MK2 and BoS CA - you should find somebody to paint that textures. Even CA texture require some love. From now I am totally away from armors. Call me if there will be any bugs.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2011, 03:35:51 am »
Alright Gray, you did a great job with those armors  ;). I'll take your name for that pending texturing work off the list. Maybe I will be retouching your textures myself some day.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:42:13 am by Karpov »

« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2011, 09:02:30 am »
I don't think we should use the original textures. First, they are too detailed and a big part of that would be lost when resizing. Also , we need a texture that can be seen from far, like the Fallout perspective, and the New Vegas textures ar not prepared for that. I used for the NCR trooper a texture from NV, but when the zoom was not active it looked really flat. And, last but not least,  just as Lexx said, we would not want some lawyer to come try to screw up our work  :P.

Oh, I don't know but this model need lots of work with texture. We can refer to the Fallout NV textures and try make something like this or better :) Anyway how many animations are done and when can we use 3D models? :)

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2011, 01:23:45 pm »
Do we really need to have brand new robes? It could be another version (changed color or small details), right? Just a texture difference. Same for having two robes, one for male and one for female: original game had just one, in my opinion it should stay like this. My two cents, as always :P
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:01 pm »
But then why bothering with 3D if we wont add any diversity? Just to make everything in 3d so it looks the same anyway?

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2011, 01:47:22 pm »
Exactly, down with Clones ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.