Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242801 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2011, 12:50:23 pm »
Well, if we would aim for high end hardware, all this optimization work wouldn't be needed. But as we are aiming for older stuff, Crysis and CoD4 isn't really the thing to compare to.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2011, 12:59:36 pm »
That looks really nice! It could be little bit darker though. Great job anyway. :)

Is it possible to make the power armors bigger than other armors? Just like they are little bit bigger in original sprites. Now it looks a bit funny:

Just what I said. That's supposed to be like the "Brotherhood" Power Armor, right?

Looks like the tin man.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2011, 01:01:20 pm »
But this.........

........is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I can NOT wait for this 3D era to kick in/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:05:52 pm by Solar »

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2011, 02:04:46 pm »
Sorry to play the party-breaker, but... I don't like the APA model. Don't get me wrong, it is awesome, I'd love to wear such an armor, and it is really honestly amazing. But it just doesn't look like Fallout 2's APA. Yes, it is very similar to the talking heads of APA, but I thought armors had to be like the Fo2 sprites, not Fo2 artworks. However this model is tremendous and looks more like a soldier armor. I just wanted, as I see nobody did, to express my disappointment - if all armors are changed this way, then FOnline won't look like Fallout anymore. But that's just my personal opinion and I'm not linked in any way to 3D development (nor to development :P)

P.S. PA looks so great!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »
In any case, we know that there are two versions of the APA: Mk1 and Mk2 and both look slightly different.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2011, 02:14:58 pm »
I thought armors had to be like the Fo2 sprites

They don't *have* to be anything. This looks like the APA should (would?) have done if they'd have been able to.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2011, 02:17:11 pm »
This looks like the APA should (would?) have done if they'd have been able to.

Point taken :)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2011, 02:31:35 pm »
Yes, it is very similar to the talking heads of APA, but I thought armors had to be like the Fo2 sprites, not Fo2 artworks.
This problem was discussed many times. It was concluded, that if Gray would make APA look like in the sprites, then it would be contrary to human physiology. In simple - he/she wouldn't be able to move their arms up, hold weapon correctly and so on.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2011, 02:36:51 pm »
This problem was discussed many times. It was concluded, that if Gray would make APA look like in the sprites, then it would be contrary to human physiology. In simple - he/she wouldn't be able to move their arms up, hold weapon correctly and so on.
OK, that's a good reason indeed. Then I have no problems with it (And I'll gladly wear this armor! ;D).
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2011, 02:50:42 pm »
Hey guys where will Karpov model done? I can't wait see it on SDK and 2238. I can't wait...

IMO, APA looks fantastic and it not need more fix about scale or something.

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2011, 02:56:29 pm »
its just me, or the guy in the CA looks a little fat?

2 suggestions id like to made:
-reduce the abdomen part.
-the armor pectorals would be higher. i think this its only a texture change. (this also for the leather and metal armor)

this picture show what am trying to say, cause i don't speak english.

anyway, you are doing an amazing job.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

Offline Gray

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »
its just me, or the guy in the CA looks a little fat?

2 suggestions id like to made:
-reduce the abdomen part.
-the armor pectorals would be higher. i think this its only a texture change. (this also for the leather and metal armor)
If it will be done so, the armor will turn into green-colored vault suit. I just made it a little bulky, even not as much as a real armor.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2011, 04:09:30 pm »
Ok, Gray, I just though it was like the metal armor. Then I will rig those plates to the upper arm. And well, I see that triangle, it was a problem in the mesh, maybe when exporting, I fixed it in some parts, but I missed that one. You made the pouches green, I made them brown, sorry for that, but they popped out too much, and you can barely see them in the sprite. Let's make a deal, I put a tone between Green and Brown so that we are all happy.

I am sure most of us can run games with higher polycount models. I used the New Vegas APA directly into the game with no problem, and that one had 11,000 tris. But still, I think we should make them as low as possible, not strictly limited, but as much as we can.

Power Armor...
  There's been a lot of talk about this. If you ask me I like them when they look as a person in a suit. I already said this, but the only way I have to make them like in the sprites is changing the bone structure, it would not just need a Power Armor but a "Power Skeleton" too. That would be an extra work. It would be something like this:

yes it looks cool, but not that wont be "Soon", more like "Later".

I have to change the texture, RavenWolf, I could raise the pectorals, maybe add some gloves too. But the waist thing... the guy wears an armor, it is thick. The one in the sprite is just painted over the model. Gray made that armor looking at the inventory sprite, but I doubt that they used it  to render the original sprites.

PS: I was just writing when Gray posted, that's what I mean.  ;)

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2011, 04:26:35 pm »
I think those are not bullets but stitches - on the other hand i dont think you would see much of a difference  from iso view.

I think the model looks really good, but in my opinion the boots are to.. hmm massive?

I think they're bullets. Especially seeing as it's a COMBAT Leather Jacket.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
I like the left version more. :p

In FNV the problem was solved with new idle animations for heavy armors. We could go a similar way.