Author Topic: NEW armors/clothes suggestions  (Read 129683 times)

Re: NEW armors/clothes suggestions
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »
I got my skins+tattoos layered as well in photoshop file, so there's no problem in editing them :) Doing same thing with a girl skin.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2011, 04:29:19 pm »
So then I guess there is no point in making a slaver tattoo...

I'd still say it might be worth doing, as :
1) People might want to play/roleplay a slaver character, with tattoo and everything chosen from the start.
2) If there are any 3D NPCs, then this would be applicable to slavers.
3) We might be able to add an extra layer for this... or put it on an existing one i.e. "slavers can't have moustaches, they have a tattoo instead". I do think it would be nice to mark slavers, as it seems quite a decisive "us vs them" in the Fallout universe. Great reason to kill someone on sight in the wasteland.
4) Although the primary and first focus is making the models for 2238, I'm pretty sure the majority of 3D stuff is also 'open' for other people to use in mods. Someone's going to want that. Be nice to have "all slavers in all Fonline mods made by anyone from this point onwards" with your work in it.
5) There's no guarantee any individual piece of the 3D work we've done will end up in 2238, but a lot of is being made anyway, for whoever wants it (or simply for our own joy of learning and creating). Once we've made enough things, the devs will pick and choose what they need from it. For example, we've got a lot of armour variations. They might want to keep things simple and stick with 3D versions of what currently exists.
6) I think you'd do a good job of it :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:30:55 pm by Luther Blissett »

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2011, 04:55:37 pm »
All good reasons and cheers! in the mean time here's the revised Tribal Shaman, I think the details really come together well when zoomed out all the way

will add a bit more 'dusting' to lower torso later when I'm sober

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2011, 05:02:11 pm »
Can you upload texture files for these as well? I should have some time off work tomorrow (maybe later today if I stop playing on the internet and get some work done), and wouldn't mind trying these out in game, getting some screenies etc.

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2011, 05:09:29 pm »
sure, However when I imported the Hero mesh into Blender the UV was displaced so I had to eyeball it and somethings may be a little off when you import the texture (I left all UV mapping intact though, there should be no shape problems!)

If you could upload a jpeg of the Hero UV map then I can use that to fine tune it before sending the texture to you, which shouldn't take long.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:11:38 pm by jonny rust »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »
Again, very good work done, Johnny! Reminds me of some of the tribes from the "Honest Hearts" FO:NV DLC.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2011, 09:33:45 pm »
Texture outline in here :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VH3HHMHW
It's black lines on white, so you can stick it on the top layer in photoshop as "multiply" or invert it and set it as "screen" to get an outline guide for your texture.

Also, with the UV displacement, I imagine it's the same as the file I had previously - that the UV is placed an entire "page" below (at least that's how it shows up in Wings3D, and likely Blender). I've included an .obj file in the .zip above, with the UV moved up. It's just moved on the Y texture axis by 1.0 - everything aligns exactly as previously.

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2011, 12:16:37 am »
thanks Luther, that's a huge help (and yea, thats exactly what happened to me :) I'll realign and upload asap!

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:16 am »
Ok, here they are, still a bit rough around the edges but should be fine at game ratio.

Urban Warrior

Wasteland Shaman

and the Headhunter, WIP

Let me know how they look in isometrics! :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:29:43 pm by jonny rust »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2011, 03:31:10 am »
Don't forget they're primitives, try to wear those tatoos a little more ( much of it wouldn't be visible in game, but color balance would change ).
That Shaman is already very good in this regards, however you should still try to keep it as natural as possible so it will appear as flesh and not as suit. Something can be done using effects, but something is much about color balance and appearance of those features.
If you happen to have option to paint on models, it'd be the best to do, so you can be sure to have things disorted or precise as much as and where you want to.
IDK whether shaman should be really dark base with bright paintings or bright guy with dark paintings, this is also something that could be a little improved.

Anyway good thing to have those, will be nice to see who is cannibal and who just some poor peaceful tribal, something that BIS guys couldn't do with their limited resources back in then.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2011, 09:26:36 am »
Here's my 5 cents for armors and clothes suggestions:

Female ghouls (I think they have to be done at later stage). This picture is taken from the Armageddon Rag, Interplay's Fallout Online newsletter. Not a canon yet, though.

Next is a Renegade armor. This was planned to add into the final version of F1 and then F2, but was cut at some point. This picture was drawn by this guy, which is a very talented artist.

And finally, there's a cool metal armor modification. It looks pretty much in F3 style, but the point is how materials is used. I personally like the road sign on the shoulder very much. Same author.

I've put it here in case I accidentally delete it or something. And obviously it may be done much later, when everything else is done and properly working.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:29:56 am by Graf »

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »
Think they'd all fit quite nicely - I can sort of imagine them as small isometrics, and think they'd be quite clear and would look correct at in-game size.

Regarding doing things later, as you say, getting "what we have already" working properly is probably higher priority than adding more new things at the moment - but if we happen to have an enthusiastic skilled modeller who isn't interested / able to work on any of the other bits, then no harm if someone decides to start working on them.

Offline Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2011, 02:43:11 am »

The helmet reminds me of a varient of the T-51b helmet. (I think it looks cool and all but i believe it should be changed)
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2011, 10:33:17 am »
That's right. It is a T51b helmet.

The Renegade Brotherhood soldier wore a partially deconstructed suit of T-51b power armor, indicating that he was a former member of the Brotherhood or a member gone rogue.

Moreover, this picture is based on the original sketch, drawn by the original member of Black Isle - Leonard Boyarsky.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:37:43 am by Graf »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2011, 03:02:32 pm »
Am I the only one who thought that guy on the picture is not BOS guy but some random mutant commanding "ghouls" (I was not aware those were not ghouls either when I first played Fallout) to take you away?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."