Author Topic: NEW armors/clothes suggestions  (Read 129556 times)

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: NEW armors/clothes suggestions
« Reply #420 on: April 16, 2012, 02:47:46 pm »
That does not make any sense :S. It'd be one solid shield instead of goggles- or there would be some mask always attached. I guess it's copypaste from APA sprite or whatever though.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »
I want a welders mask.

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2012, 01:52:43 pm »
There already is a welders mask,I think, I saw it somewhere on forum

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2012, 04:21:09 pm »
Modeled by me, awfully textured by me, rigged by Luther Blissett.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AlD2z-Jco" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3AlD2z-Jco</a>
A number of hats :

(200% Zoom)
From Left to Right : Welding Mask (HaraldX); Hockey Mask, Top Hat with Skull, Top Hat America, Spiked Helmet (White Tiger)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07:42 pm »
Did anyone make a model for the shoes?

« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »
Nope, it's just a part of the texture for now, why, do you want to give it a try and make some sneakers?

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2012, 10:30:54 pm »
Not really , I'm kinda new to to 3d modeling.
I was just curious .

« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2012, 11:04:06 pm »
Wanna learn to texture? I could put the textures on the model and we get both a credit to a shoe model.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2012, 01:16:41 pm »

smthn like this ? :)
i mean male and female official dresses.
i v seen some clothes in this style, but not much female dresses in this board and at 3d dev board too.

Let the Force be with You.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #430 on: May 13, 2012, 12:16:47 pm »
I've got a request if it's not much to ask. I would really like to see this hood in-game. Could be nice for a quest or bank robbery and such.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #431 on: June 01, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »
Maybe in various vaults like Vault 12 or 8 we could find vault 12 or 8 jumpsuits.
Maybe even water flasks.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #432 on: June 02, 2012, 12:55:39 am »
Lizard / Mike - you can "extract" from the shoes on the original model, to make a separate shoe model (i.e. extract surface by a tiny bit). In game, we can use "disable subset" to delete the original feet, so there's no clash. Alternately, just paint it onto a texture and ignore the rest of the base human - we can pick different shoes from the fo3d file (i.e. take shirt from one texture, trousers from another, shoes from another etc). A selection of different shoes and boots would probably be pretty useful.

Bambi - we seem to be horribly sexist, and have so far focussed more on the male hero models, but you're right - some more female clothing is needed. White Tiger did a nice female dress model a while back, which could probably be adjusted to fit this.

Gob - should be pretty straightforward, and probably useful for something, yes.

Mike again - eventually, I (or someone else) will finish this base texture with normal maps working and everything, after then it'd be really easy to make Vault 12/8/other by simply sticking a different number on the back :)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #433 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59:09 pm »
Lizard / Mike - you can "extract" from the shoes on the original model, to make a separate shoe model (i.e. extract surface by a tiny bit). In game, we can use "disable subset" to delete the original feet, so there's no clash. Alternately, just paint it onto a texture and ignore the rest of the base human - we can pick different shoes from the fo3d file (i.e. take shirt from one texture, trousers from another, shoes from another etc). A selection of different shoes and boots would probably be pretty useful.

If you do that , you can use any texture or UV mapping without any problem. Right now I can paint boots over the character model, but somehow they look like socks. I think modelled boots would be a good option.

And the vault number can be worn separately. I believe it was made like that in the VB critters.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2012, 01:44:22 am »
Yeah, there was a layer for jacket decals or suit numbers - it'd be good if it was possible to use this, and move the attachment point depending on armour, as it would allow the possibility of symbols / logos to appear on the backs of armour as well as on base clothing (i.e. faction logo on back of jacket or on back of bluesuit equivalent). I think it probably is just about possible, but as far as I can tell would involve some horrible adjusting of many fo3d files :(