"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:22:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Atack cars  (Read 2370 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Atack cars
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:03:44 pm »

there shoud be an option to use your weapons to distroy cars in the game
like burst it with a minigun

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Re: Atack cars
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:13:03 pm »

Bad idea.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »

Why not? Now cars can't be destroyed by anything, and it could be yet another reasonable addition to the game.
But I don't think that it should be only destroyed by minigun. Why not to give a "health bar" to the cars (as for mercs), so you can destroy it with any gun.
Maybe, car health should be something like:
Car maximum fuel capacity (for example) x 10, so the health of a hummer will be 1200 hp, buggy - 250 hp and so on.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:52:20 pm by Graf »
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »

Meh, if this were to go in effect i would think cars would need a HIGH DT to basically everything, enough shots from a minigun could kill it but would be much easier to do with a rocket launcher.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:47 pm »

Meh, if this were to go in effect i would think cars would need a HIGH DT to basically everything, enough shots from a minigun could kill it but would be much easier to do with a rocket launcher.

This. Should have very good DR and DT against normal, low to explosions and fire, bad DT but good DR against laser, and medium of both for plasma.

(well, when I say bad, still somthing like at least 15DT and 60 DR)
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:12:08 pm »

*Driving around and then a message appears*

Critical hit on engine block car stopped.
Critical hit on Gas Tank explosion kills you and anyone in a 5 hex radius.

Don't ask me why i had that image pop in my head.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:25:20 am »

For what purpose? For more grief? So that when you park your car in encounter, even locked, some random guy can rocket it for lulz?

If you see any good reason, please tell me. Thoughts put in this suggestion took less time then writing it ::).

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 01:09:13 am »

For what purpose? For more grief? So that when you park your car in encounter, even locked, some random guy can rocket it for lulz?

If you see any good reason, please tell me. Thoughts put in this suggestion took less time then writing it ::).

Why would someone destroy a car they found in an encounter instead of waiting for the person to come back kill them and take the keys mmm?

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:11:52 am »

Because, mhmm, they could wait a whole day for nothing, they could be poorly armed so the owner would kill them or some other reason?
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 01:13:35 am »

If they are poorly armed the the car has high DT's, how are they going to kill said car? Also why wouldn't they radio in a lock picker friend.

Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 01:15:15 am »

Right now the cars are only visible when they are parked, so why would you want to destroy them?  
This suggestion would be good if cars were like in Fallout:Tactics, where the offer mobility, coverage, and firing power, there you have an actual reason to destroy them. But that is not going to happen in this game, and if it ever does , I think being able to attack the vehicles would be implied.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 01:18:48 am »

You realy want to do that ::)?
They could have 10mm SMG with AP, Rocket Launcher or some other weapon, which wont stand a chance if some guy with CA and LSW jumps in for his car. And I dont think that everyone runs around wastes with radio and a locpicker friend.

Besides, this still doesnt answer my question what would be the purpose other then "lulz, i b00med that guys car up."

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 09:00:31 am »

Besides, this still doesnt answer my question what would be the purpose other then "lulz, i b00med that guys car up."
Wasteland is a harsh :) If someone can kill you, then why he couldn't destroy your car?

Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 07:57:02 pm »

Why not to give a "health bar" to the cars

Like their Damage? Which they already have?

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 07:18:45 am »

Agree with Bantz. Just listen to all whining about travel speed and hijacked cars.
This idea does not give something positive on output. Don't worth efforts.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.