"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:59:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Better criticals or more criticals  (Read 3625 times)

Better criticals or more criticals
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:12:45 pm »

Hello to everyone!

I currently have lvl 15 energy weapons sniper character. I have luck 10, finesse and 2 x more criticals so my critical chance is supposed to be 90% to eyes. I have 2 perks left and I am planning to take sharpshooter (pe 9+2) and I am not sure if I should take more criticals or better criticals. I have never had Better criticals before so I am not sure about how effective it is.

So is it better to have 95% crit chance or 90% crit chance + better criticals?

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
Re: Better criticals or more criticals
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:13:39 pm »

Better Criticals definately, it is simply essential for any crit char which aims.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:17:12 pm »

So better critical it is. Thanks for the quick reply.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:24:05 pm »

Energy sniper does not need more than 9 PE. And finesse for sure.
Better criticals must have.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:05:16 pm »

Energy sniper does not need more than 9 PE. And finesse for sure.
Better criticals must have.

Maybe you can't shoot anything beyond 45hexes, but spotting enemies from 56 (9pe+sharpshooter+1cig) sure is good

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »

Better criticals and Sharsphooter are the best choices you can take. Sadly, finesse is bad for EW, and it sure is bad for one shot sniper.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:00:13 pm »

Better criticals is the best perk in the game.
Sure, there are important ones for everybody, like lifegiver or toughness.  But better crits affects your critical hits in an amazing way.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:50 pm »

Thanks for the replies. I have decided to take Better criticals and Sharpshooter. Could you explain a bit more about how finesse isn't a very good choice? This is also my first char with finesse and that +10% crit looked like good choice for sniper.

White Eagle

• Kill 'em all
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:57:31 pm »

well problem with Finesse is that you don't do as much damage, but you cause more critical hits. with other words, if you take finesse your char is crippler.. you will have more chance to cripple his arm, leg, eyes etc.. because of this you will do less damage.. ( u will hit him for 70 damage.. i just said some number..  :-\), whit out finesse is less chance to cripple him but you do way more damage ( 120 damage etc..ofc it depends on which weapon you use..)

also read; This (click)

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:45:42 pm »

Finesse is bad for EW Sniper, because SG sniper have good armor penetrating capability. I'm not talking about bypass, I mean 223 ammo has nice countermeasures against target DT and DR.
EW sniper will suck a lot against cheap MA 2, only hope for blinding, knock downs|outs, bypass and insta-kills. Better criticals are must have!
With finesse it's about 0 damage critical hits without bypass.
However laser rifle is good at shooting everything below MA, especially if you have BROF and 12 AP.

Actually there 2 ways to implement EW effective:

make a plasma tank with not much PE (no finesse)
make a laser pistol crippler, 3 shots at hands on 35 distance - very nice (finesse)

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 12:42:11 am »

When&why Finese?

Lets say you are one shoot sniper, the build mentioned before. With 10LK and two more criticals, your chance to score a critical into eyes is 80%, 8 out of 10 times. With finnese, you will score crit 9 out of 10 times. That gives you almost no bonus. To head its 60% to 70%, also not a superb deal.

On the other hand, you could make a support build with only 6 LK, two more criticals but a lot of APs and brof. If your main fuction will be to cripple arms and legs consider taking finnese, since it will raise your chances to score a critical on hands significantly (from around 40 to 50.) You dont need to do the damage, you are a support build anyway.

But as EW, crriplers are not that good. Lower range is not as big problem as that you will always give out your location with a laser beam.

Finesse is bad for EW Sniper, because SG sniper have good armor penetrating capability. I'm not talking about bypass, I mean 223 ammo has nice countermeasures against target DT and DR.

Actualy, it almost doesnt matter if you do the 8 dmg with sniper rifle or 0 with laser, so that point isnt realy valid. Plus finnese is applied after the DT/DR.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.