"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 04:22:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: "Reward system"(for continuously playing)  (Read 17038 times)

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
Re: "Reward system"(for continuously playing)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 02:21:13 am »

So, as far as there are some people that play the game, it doesn't need any changes? Is this your argument?
I would loooooooooooooooooooooooove to see where I said that.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 02:27:47 am »

I would loooooooooooooooooooooooove to see where I said that.

In theory, the reward for continuously playing is being able to play the game in the first place, it is free and the players do not need unbalanced reward system ideas to make them play. If they do - there is something terribly wrong with this game and its development team, which I don't think is true.

And now tell me what exacly is unbalanced in this idea.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 02:50:06 am »

snip

Moron! Defend your new reached title!
Although I got a new one for you ( if onl I would know the scripts off of NMA's Order etc :D )

Heres the sign, reco! Take it as a man, in your sig, or.... :D

Reconite

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 03:04:07 am »

Quote from: Elmehdi
So, as far as there are some people that play the game, it doesn't need any changes? Is this your argument?
Unfortunately you were unable to show me where I said "the game does not need any changes because people play it". I said it doesn't need this particular change. If the game did not need any changes (as you claim I have said) it would be past beta and out the door in full release. So you are wrong.

Quote from: Elmehdi
And now tell me what exacly is unbalanced in this idea.
People will just farm for this stuff and get the upper hand on other players who don't play as much (not like they don't have the upper hand on those players already, right?), the whole game will be a mess with this "Kill 1000 of this enemy for this reward". If someone were to manage to get enough of these bonuses stacked it would be heavily imbalanced. And don't think that there's no one with enough time to do this stuff, people's lives are being devoured by the FOnline addiction as we speak.

How exactly would this suggestion work - logically? If I killed 1000 men in real life would I suddenly be better at Science, First Aid and Doctoring? It's a disguised excuse for HARDCORE (the guys who have enough time to grind 100k caps to pay for 100 reputation) players to get extras that the guys who don't play as much can't.

@Surf Solar: Uhh... no thanks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:10:17 am by Reconite »

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 03:32:04 am »

People will just farm for this stuff and get the upper hand on other players who don't play as much (not like they don't have the upper hand on those players already, right?), the whole game will be a mess with this "Kill 1000 of this enemy for this reward". If someone were to manage to get enough of these bonuses stacked it would be heavily imbalanced. And don't think that there's no one with enough time to do this stuff, people's lives are being devoured by the FOnline addiction as we speak.

How exactly would this suggestion work - logically? If I killed 1000 men in real life would I suddenly be better at Science, First Aid and Doctoring? It's a disguised excuse for HARDCORE (the guys who have enough time to grind 100k caps to pay for 100 reputation) players to get extras that the guys who don't play as much can't.

And that's what is called a constructive comment.

Yes you are right. The idea, if ever took into consideration, needs tunning. Even though killing 1k creatures is already extremely time consuming, there will always be freaks that will do that over and over to eventually become "immortal". In order to prevent it, the kill count, required to obtain a bonus, could be progressive (f.e. 1k, then 2k, 4k, 8k) or it could be just 1 time boost with no option to repeat it. I'd say that rewards should be only for killing high level creatures, like deathclaws or aliens, not for rats. Adding anything to important skills this way isn't relevant too, since it would mess up with character planning.

These are just adjustments though - I think that the idea itself, if implemented properly, could add a lot to the game.  

EDIT: As for hardcore players.. no matter the game, they always have an advantage. But isn't it how it's supposed to be?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:53:56 am by Elmehdi »

Reconite

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:56 pm »

EDIT: As for hardcore players.. no matter the game, they always have an advantage. But isn't it how it's supposed to be?
Well, if they already have the advantage, why give them more?

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 04:10:38 pm »

Well, if they already have the advantage, why give them more?

Not "give them advantage" but give them a chance to get it, and only a symbolic one.

As for the reason, I've already said it several times and I'll say it once more: To keep them busy.
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »

2Reconite

...How exactly would this suggestion work - logically? If I killed 1000 men in real life would I suddenly be better at Science, First Aid and Doctoring?(c)

it know as "Anatomy",it studied in med.universitet))

avv

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 04:41:46 pm »

For heaven's sake! Do some people REALLY think that fallout online is supposed to be about hunting thousands of npc enemies?  Further character advancement is ok, killing thousands of enemies in repetitive way isn't. That's what you can do in Diablo singleplayer.

Hopefully the the future of character advancement lies in player interaction, not grind.

Not "give them advantage" but give them a chance to get it, and only a symbolic one.

As for the reason, I've already said it several times and I'll say it once more: To keep them busy.

But if they have a chance to get this advantage and get it, whats the difference from having an advantage?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:43:35 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 04:49:32 pm »

for those who believe that killing 1,000 creatures very easily))

avatar "Kansas" almost 2 months has been a leader on the number of dead creatures, here's his stats, actually the norm is made only by rats, and almost scorpions.

those who say that the strong will become even more unfairly, just Noobs

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 04:53:09 pm »

For heaven's sake! Do some people REALLY think that fallout online is supposed to be about hunting thousands of npc enemies?  Further character advancement is ok, killing thousands of enemies in repetitive way isn't. That's what you can do in Diablo singleplayer.

Hopefully the the future of character advancement lies in player interaction, not grind.

But if they have a chance to get this advantage and get it, whats the difference from having an advantage?

game should be fun, but do not be sad as it is now,fter level 21, starts ICQ, and other chat

Reconite

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 05:03:02 pm »

2Reconite

...How exactly would this suggestion work - logically? If I killed 1000 men in real life would I suddenly be better at Science, First Aid and Doctoring?(c)

it know as "Anatomy",it studied in med.universitet))
Right, so if I go on a mass rampage blowing people's heads off I will be better at Anatomy? And will be able to fix my crippled limbs, patch myself up and hack computers? You make sense! I'm not sure Anatomy students in med school go on mass rampages and kill thousands of people to study.

avv

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »

game should be fun, but do not be sad as it is now,fter level 21, starts ICQ, and other chat

I agree that game should be fun. However grinding is not entertaining, it's tiresome.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 05:31:46 pm »

No matter if you have to kill 1k of the creatures of some kind or gather 100k caps and buy the boost, the point is to give people something to do other than killing newbies for fun. A bonus can be very little and the way to get it extremely long, but what motivates people is chasing the rabbit not catching it, right?

Further character advancement is ok, killing thousands of enemies in repetitive way isn't.

If you have some other idea, I'd really like you to write something more about it.
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 05:40:25 pm »

For me important process!!!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 18 queries.