"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:20:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A change to the crafting system  (Read 845 times)

A change to the crafting system
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:10:19 pm »

I have been playing Fonline for a while and have enjoyed it all lots, but the main thing i like and always spend the most time doing is crafting. But other then getting jumped whilst mining HQ ore or getting mugged on the way to sell crafted items, there isnt really much challenge to crafting at all. To make things alittle more interesting you could add schematic's to the game. They would work kinda like in Arcanum and you would need to have schematics before you could build certain stuff.The schematics could be gained by random drops or set quests or even looted from certain high level enemys. When i played arcanum i would spend hours just searching for schematics and it was always very exciting when i found one i had spent a long time looking for , so i could add alot of fun to Fonline for alot of players
Re: A change to the crafting system
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 07:18:32 pm »

They already planning it for t3 items. You'll need to keep it in inventory to craft it +2nd prof.

Edit:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=8618.0
TO DO:
- Overhaul of the npc factions: Domination Wars, Factions Scenarios.
- Overhaul crafting to use Blueprints and fixed Workbenches
- Add an "Anti Crit" feature.

Edit#2:
Low tier will be free, the higher tiers will be limited by having to earn access to facilities and by getting blueprints via quests (Inside and outside of NPC factions - crafting won't be tied so closely to specific factions again)

With the move to professions being only 2 tiers and then having blueprints for tier 2 items, it would then allow you to be able to take 2 professions completely.

etc.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:22:08 pm by RavenousRat »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.053 seconds with 23 queries.