Poll

Locked poll

Ye
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [AI] Cooldown for entering mercenaries  (Read 1659 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
[AI] Cooldown for entering mercenaries
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »

Hi I have simply (not in scripting, but in mind) suggestion to add cooldown for entering mercenaries.
As people know, or not mercenaries when enter with "attack anyone who isn't in our faction" option attack without waiting on loading map, it's really annoying. My suggestion is, to stop "car muties entering" and "grid WM camping" by adding cooldown on shooting mercenaries (for example 5 seconds), what is it? I'll explain:

"Car muties entering" - dirty tactic, to enter the city with car (other spawn), for example Redding, when people which is taking the city is staying under sherif building sometimes getting kill by proxy alt (or not) which has 9 charisma + magnetic personality perk + 5 mercenaries/mutants, players can't even react, muties/mercenaries shot them with rocket launcher for example and merc commander leave town with car (mercenaries don't have battle timeout)

"Grid WM camping" - exactly same as "car muties entering", but it's entering without car on grids, for example in this Redding players spawned on "Mine entrance" and some second ago after enter, enemie enter with merc commander and leave, it's also dirty and even noone can shoot them.

So rate this suggestion and choose as answer..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:09:52 pm by jan0s1k »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: [AI] Cooldown for entering mercenaries
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »

My answer is obviously yes.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

avv

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:22:31 pm »

It could work as short term fix. For future, a more delicate and smoother system is required.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »

Pools does not work as they are supposed to. Just check it.

3 (including my) responses to topic. 14 votes in proportion 1:1. I guess alting reached even forum. People makes one time account to vote and leave. Same situation in polish subforum. Few players which were banned are remaking their accounts with idiotic names only in purpose of flame.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

Ah, I see..

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:28:02 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=13157.0

Unless there is a particular difference that I'm not seeing.

P.S. personally 5 seconds is a bit long, anyone camping in the map can easily wipe out you and all your mercs in 5 seconds if theres enough of them/fast enough.

2-3 seconds.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:37:12 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »

Unless there is a particular difference that I'm not seeing.

P.S. personally 5 seconds is a bit long, anyone camping in the map can easily wipe out you and all your mercs in 5 seconds if theres enough of them/fast enough.

2-3 seconds.

• 5 seconds - with it you can run away
  • 2-3 seconds - you can't even hide by building

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 12:01:34 am »

• 5 seconds - with it you can run away
  • 2-3 seconds - you can't even hide by building
5 seconds they can insta kill you, making grid camping unbeatable.  What I'm trying to say is people will simply camp grids inmap, knowing no threat could possibly defeat them, since they can just kill them before they are allowed to react. (mercs or players)

with 2-3 seconds, is plenty of time to start performing an action at least, especialy since people will likely expect such rushings with mercs, they can begin shooting, giving them the advantage of first damage, possibly killing a few since only human mercs are allowed right now, or begin running, they might get hit once or twice as long as the mercs have decently longrange weapons, but nothing that will insta kill them like now.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 11:08:03 am »

Wrong sollution for merc grid ambush problem. Just making their rules for exitting same as are player rules are (exit cooldown) should be enough.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:03:21 pm »

Wrong sollution for merc grid ambush problem. Just making their rules for exitting same as are player rules are (exit cooldown) should be enough.
This is only worse, not solving the problem, just throwing the trash at someone else so you don't have to deal with it...

So every time i enter an encounter with my mercs I have to fight every single one to the end or lose all of them?

So if one merc gets shot in town by some guy with sniper and his team they ALL have to die because they all shot back so combat timer even though im running to get out of town?

No...  this is not a solution.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:04:54 pm by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 04:59:04 pm »

The suggestion i already posted was meant to keep campers from attacking you until you can defend yourself, adding this in to merc/slave AI would keep them from instantly attacking, unless the leader had a PC that could load a map in 1-2 seconds flat. his suggestion has it based on a general delay, so its always 5 seconds, mine is based on how fast you can load in to the area.

But, yeah, i do agree with a delay being added. even if its not as complex as mine, i still say that buying mercs should give you a large amount of fire power, but at the same time as long as its not glitching, the cost to arm them for most people evens it out.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:01:32 pm by Ulrek »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 26 queries.