"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:35:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More complex home  (Read 1410 times)

More complex home
« on: March 08, 2011, 08:00:53 pm »

In my opinion, living in a tent is boring. Why not buy a house? I was thinking about if you can add new tips of houses to the game. Like an upgrade for the tent. For example you've pitched a tent for 10 brahmin hides. For another 10 brahmin hides you can upgrade it to a large tent and so on. I would suggest :

1.- Small tent - 10 brahmin hide.
 2. - Large tent - 20 brahmin hide + Small tent
 3.a - Junk house - 50 junk + Large tent
 3.b - Stone house - 50 iron ore + Large tent
 4.a -  Luxury Junk house -100 junk + 40 wood + 10 000 caps + Junk house
 4.b - Luxury Stone house -100 iron ore + 40 wood + 10 000 caps + Stone house
 4.c - Luxury City house - 50 iron ore + 50 junk +40 wood +10 000 caps + Junk house OR Stone house
Now this is an example. I will give a detailed description of every type of house.

1.Small tent: Nothing special the same tent that is used now.
2.Large tent: Looking the same but having and other container, a bed, and some other small decorations.
3.a Junk House: Similar to the houses in Junktown, this would be a small square house made out of tin wall, having inside an old bed, a table, two chairs a locker and a bookshelf.
3.b Stone House: Similar to the houses in NCR(Shady Sands), this would be a small square house with one bed, a table, two chairs, a locker and a bookshelf.
4.a Luxury Junk House: Twice as big as the normal Junk house, having two rooms, with two tables, plenty of chairs, two bookshelves and a locker. It also has a small brahmin pen, where you can keep up to 5 brahmin. Every day, the owner of the house will get 1-2 brahmin hide for every brahmin he has. You also need to hire someone to clean the brahmin shit or do it yourself, else you won't get hides. This is a nice way to help newbies earn their first caps.
4.b Luxury Stone House: Twice as big as the normal Stone house, having two rooms, two tables, plenty of chairs, a locker and two bookshelves. It also has a small garden where you can grow brock flower and xander root. Every day, the owner of the house will get 3-11 brock flower and 3-11 xander root. Also, every day sporeplants may grow in your garden, witch need to be killed. This is also a good way to help newbies earn their first caps.
4.c Luxury City House: Twice as big as the normal houses, having a normal level and a basement. It is similar to the houses in The Den. In the normal level it has two bookshelves, a table and a few chairs, and in the basement it has a lokcer, a table and two chairs. In the basment you can find fruits, scorpion tails, rot gun and other beers. You get 2-15 stuff every day. Sometimes, your basement may collapse and need to be cleaned. This is also a good way to help newbies earn their first caps.

This is just like an idea. It would be nice because I have met people who have so many money and live in a tent. And how does it look like someone with energy weapons and power armor lives in a tent!? I mean, you fight the Enclave, beat them, be the hero of the day and go to rest in tent near the road. So please tell me your opinion about this.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: More complex home
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »

Roses are red, violets are blue, it was suggested already.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:16:01 pm »

Sooo basically you want fancy houses that generate resources? Fancy houses=good idea, generating resources...yay mass alts! I like how you say these things are a good way for newbies to gain caps considering how many resources it requires the player would no longer be a "newbies"

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »

And there is the problem that you couldn't carry all of those resources at once.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:54:43 pm »

Roses are red, violets are blue, it was suggested already.

Both of these have some merit. It would be nice to get some more depth behind your "home" in the near future.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »

How in the hell am I going to carry 50 iron ore at one time?  I'm not trying to be a dick, but that is alot of iron ore to be carrying on you.

That said, I like the idea of being able to have a hide-away other than a tent.  Also, alot of people are loners and only mingle to better your own situation...a way to have a safe place to craft nearer to the used resources would be nice.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:59:47 pm »

This thread gets remade every once in a while.

Perhaps a pay-as-you-go workbench at mining sites?

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:45:42 am »

lmao at "it wont be possible to carry in one go" like this was a true image of building a house. No, you may haz not carry it in one go, maybe in the back of the truck or friends, that actually sounds fun. Other than that, why not, just as mentioned before it will never happen.

And how you carry "+small tent" maps arent dynamic. would need to substitute it for something else and most probably would need to be done through a new item acquired from NPC by bringing mats and then using science...but its unfallouty tadaaaaaa
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:51:20 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 01:27:50 pm »

Other than that, why not, just as mentioned before it will never happen.

We will never see people building their own houses, no.

We will certainly see a more expanded version of a tent map and theres a pretty reasonable chance we will see the things quoted in Wichurias post at some point, in some form.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.