"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:24:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Domination Mode" and "Faction Scenarios"  (Read 5528 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
"Domination Mode" and "Faction Scenarios"
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »

I joined this game last year, a few weeks before the last wipe, so I think I am not familiar with certain things I hear about.

I am making this topic because I often read about something called "Domination Mode" and "Faction Scenarios", and I do not really understand what this is all about. I have searched the forum but didn't find any topic or post which could give me a clear explanation, but only vague ideas, like reworkig the crafting system or enhancing NPC factions. The Wiki shows no article about this.

So please, I would like to know what those two concepts are supposed to mean. Thanks in advance and sorry about my ignorance.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:59:12 am by Eternauta »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: "Domination Mode" and "Faction Scenarios"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »

"domination" mode [this is where small - equal sized - groups battle for control of a facility] or faction scenario [where members of NPC factions come together, again in equal sized groups (possibly using faction issued equipment too) and fight for control of a facility].

Domination mode itself makes use of NPC factions using mercinaries (the PvP gangs) and faction scenarios could be smaller scale "team" rounds aswell as the big free for alls - then allow PvP gangs to "Ally" themselves with a specific NPC faction to take part in those.

There will likely be ways to earn access to workbenches through domination mode or faction scenarios

I expect most work for PvP to go into either Domination  Mode (basically a small team battle with controlled numbers) or Faction Scenarios (Basically exactly like the Arena, but with new maps, faction themed weapons and rewards at the end of them).

"Domination" will be where small scale fights happen with equal numbers. TC will be where there will be no limit on numbers.
I'd imagine there will be more restrictions on workbenches for advanced equipment, both linked to domination mode and in fixed places on the world map - depends if we get this finished in time.

Domination Mode for gangs to fight true PvP with fair teams and access to equipment as reward. With enough space for even the smaller gangs to compete.

I beleive we will see sandbags in domination, with them only being able to be deployed on those maps.
We want [in domination mode] to be lots of features that can be used on them - sandbags, mines, fences you can turn on and off, sewers for short cuts, turrets you can repair, etc.

What will be happening is faction scenarios. This is where you will be able ([after joining NPC faction]) to turn up, get equipment for free, head out to a map and fight against another faction's players for control of a tier2+ workbench, perhaps some XP or faction points reward for participation too.
[...]
The faction points I mentioned earlier would be a way of gaining rank, faction specific equipments and possibly unique upgrades - making it possible to earn stuff, gain exp and other things completely inside your faction.

Hope it helped.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:28 pm »

Wow, lots of me :P

To add to that:

Domination Mode basically will consist of several maps, which will be controllable. Unlike TC they will not always be accessible and unlike TC there will only be a finite number of players allowed to the fight at once - which will be controlled by NPC factions "hiring" players, up to the allowable number ... which more often than not will all be taken up by pre made player teams.

It will also seal off after the two sides are allowed to enter and no reinforcements can get in. You are essentially locked into a tactics like scenario of two equal sides with the winner coming away with a reward (ammo, weapons, crafting facilities, etc). Obviously theres a bit more to it than that, but thats the quick synopsis.

Faction Scenarios, depending on who you ask, can either mean the various PvE solo/team missions which can earn the player faction points, or large scale PvP involving lots of members of NPC factions periodically fighting over control of a key area - both of these will happen, the name can just apply to both.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »

This is whats we need! Just one word, WHEN? and say something more than 'soon'

edit

Its fine as it is Surf Solar.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:51:16 pm by manero »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »

This is whats we need! Just one word, WHEN? and say something more than 'soon'

The word "when" comes only together with "it's done".

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:53:27 pm »

I'm not sure where we are up to with the maps, but as far as I know its mostly done apart from those ... though I'm a little cut off from progress since I only have infrequent access to the internet at the moment :(

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:56:06 pm »

To add to that:

Domination Mode basically will consist of several maps, which will be controllable. Unlike TC they will not always be accessible and unlike TC there will only be a finite number of players allowed to the fight at once - which will be controlled by NPC factions "hiring" players, up to the allowable number ... which more often than not will all be taken up by pre made player teams.

It will also seal off after the two sides are allowed to enter and no reinforcements can get in. You are essentially locked into a tactics like scenario of two equal sides with the winner coming away with a reward (ammo, weapons, crafting facilities, etc). Obviously theres a bit more to it than that, but thats the quick synopsis.

Faction Scenarios, depending on who you ask, can either mean the various PvE solo/team missions which can earn the player faction points, or large scale PvP involving lots of members of NPC factions periodically fighting over control of a key area - both of these will happen, the name can just apply to both.

Than sounds really good, but does PC faction will be able to join NPCs factions? Or they will have to resign/make new chars?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:02:23 am »

For domination mode? They NPC faction will only be hiring, so there won't be a need to be in any gang or faction. If a group of solo players wanted to get together and play I believe they could.

For faction scenarios - I hope player gangs could ally with NPC factions and essentially be counted as members without really joining - but I'm not sure how high up the list that is ... there's plenty of work just getting the NPC factions up and working yet anyway.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 01:27:18 am »

Hope it helped.

Yes, of course it helped, thank you a lot for all that information Izual! :)

I only have infrequent access to the internet at the moment :(

Well thanks for wasting some of that time answering my dumb questions :P hehehe Thanks a lot Solar.

Thanks both of you for your quick answers. I am glad to hear all that, in fact I was thinking about suggesting some stuff similar to that, but decided not to do so before knowing what Domination and all that was about. It truly sounds interesting.

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 01:49:24 am »

To add to that:

If I'm thinking well, it sounds like TLA Sierra/Catedra/Mariposa controlling, I like it! It will force players to stay at city.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 03:38:33 am »

I find it depressing that no where are npc followers mentioned in their participation in domination mode, if they even will be able too.

though i understand why they wouldn't be  :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 03:48:07 am »

I find it depressing that no where are npc followers mentioned in their participation in domination mode, if they even will be able too.

though i understand why they wouldn't be  :P.

Why do you post it then? I can understand your concerns, but it's not even out yet, geez. Give us time. ;)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:40 am »

I don't see any reason they wouldn't be allowed to take part - you just would have to start with them on the map, rather than being able to come in and pop off all the time.

avv

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »

If the winners are rewarded with manufacturing facility, what does this exactly mean? Who gets access to it and where's it located?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:51 pm »

It would be part of the map itself and the team who won that particular domination battle would have access to it, until it was fought over again.

The facility itself would be one of the places you could build tier 2 or 3 stuff, depending on exactly how good a facility it was.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 18 queries.