"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:49:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to properly participate in Open Beta  (Read 1359 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
How to properly participate in Open Beta
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »

I see extremely many people just playing this game like it was finished... But this game has much, MUCH more to grow. Mostly it's all about 1 person doing all the time the same thing - he doesn't do different quests, try out different NPC factions etc. etc. So, here are some tips to fully participate in the beta session. Note: May be updated

1. Make more than one character!

No, I'm not asking you to make 100 alts to support a single character. I'm asking you to try out different builds and see if they all are balanced. Try a character which is universal - a character who is great at crafting, combat, trading, etc. etc. Maybe you don't need crafting, maybe you can just use trading instead? There are so much possibilities on how to make a character, but you are missing them.

2. Be responsive!
We don't want our game to have a whole lot of bugs, missing content and more. We want to have our game be finished. We can't finish a game if there are millions of bugs. We can't finish a game if it's un-balanced. Don't be shy! Report all bugs, post sugggestions, help the developers if they ask you, but for gods sake, don't stay in the corner being silent! A bluesuit asking you a question? Are you a PK? Answer his question and only then kill him not vice-versa!

3. Try out everything the game gives you!
Try out the different quests, the NPC factions (BoS is cool), explore the huge worldmap, explore the Glow, try calling a GM a dickhead, and anything else you get from the game, don't let any feature to be un-explored.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Re: How to properly participate in Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:30:46 am »

HAHA, i Love the lined out part. call a GM a dickhead haha
I am trying out all types, i listed a true sniper build, ACTUAL ONE SHOT ONE KILL.
made a fairly decent BG crafter/armorer.

I think if we can find out what makes a trully perfect build types, and than base the stats from there, we might be able to balance.
Melee is so much fun, but i am still trying to find an effective way to make it good. since sneak is useless at 3hex in.
(you should see my piercing Nut kick of death, with just 15 critical, the +50 from the ability and 30 for groin shot. i might have to switch close range with FA on my perfect sniper. just for fun)
its like, a true sniper, a true ninja, true thief, a real bruiser, heavy weapons guy, a tank,
we need to make make the energy weapons useful. not balance like guns, but cause status changes.
i mean laser is crap. shouldnt it be more ap, long range and armor piercing (or just cause blindness, jump up your rads)? and plasma, low ap and burning. and put you in (alot of pain, drop your gun or fall over in pain) like flame really.

Haraldx

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:17:37 pm »

we need to make make the energy weapons useful. not balance like guns, but cause status changes.
i mean laser is crap. shouldnt it be more ap, long range and armor piercing (or just cause blindness, jump up your rads)? and plasma, low ap and burning. and put you in (alot of pain, drop your gun or fall over in pain) like flame really.

Laser - Laser pistol is already very powerful for a tier 0 gun. Upgrade it to Magneto Laser Pistol, and you can penetrate also armor now.
Laser rifle could do a little improvement, as it's almost useless against metal armors - no Penetration, expensive ammo, Sniper Rifle has 50 range but Laser rifle has only 45.
Plasma - Plasma pistol is pretty useless against any armored characters - Magneto Laser Pistol due to it's low price and penetration is better.
Plasma Rifle... don't know, never used it.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:25 pm »

Laser - Laser pistol is already very powerful for a tier 0 gun. Upgrade it to Magneto Laser Pistol, and you can penetrate also armor now.
Agreed.
Laser rifle could do a little improvement, as it's almost useless against metal armors - no Penetration, expensive ammo, Sniper Rifle has 50 range but Laser rifle has only 45.
BUT it takes ONE less ap than sniper rifle, Huge advantage.

Plasma - Plasma pistol is pretty useless against any armored characters - Magneto Laser Pistol due to it's low price and penetration is better.
agreed again :p.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Haraldx

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 10:48:31 pm »

BUT it takes ONE less ap than sniper rifle, Huge advantage.
There is no advantage if the enemy is 46 hexes away, has a sniper rifle and spots you a half second faster than you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.