"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • August 21, 2024, 02:32:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: [Archive]Questions and Answers #4  (Read 122822 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #4
« Reply #420 on: May 01, 2011, 01:38:59 am »

Character Build Suggestion Request: (should I just start over?)

Level 7:

st: 4
p: 7
en: 6
ch:4
In:7
ag:6
lk:6

Tag:
Small guns -- 105
Energy -- 70
Science -- 60

Traits:
Finesse
fast shot

Perks:
awareness
Toughness

Crafting:
1 small guns

so i was planning on on leveling up energy weps and energy crafting, but is that useless against armor without being able to aim?
I thought maybe fast shot would work on burst but I guess not.
I guess fast shot is pisising me off and finnesse is pissing me off so now i'm wondering if I should go anywhere with this char or start over.
(any suggestions appreciated)

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #421 on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:24 am »

To me, finesse and fast shot sound like a contradiction. I would suggest a EW fast shot (plasma pistol maybe) but though effective, that would be only PvE, in Turn based. It would be a good first char to build up an economy, move around and have fun. With a good group you could probbly play RT with a plasma rifle, if you have high enough AP.

So maybe you can level this char you have up to the point where he can craft most energy weapons ? Then make a new one more effective for farming, and eventually have a look at pvp. Overall play as you feel like playing, man.
« Reply #422 on: May 01, 2011, 09:33:46 am »

Indeed, the whole point of finesse is to cripple, with fast shot it's pretty terrible, massive lack of criticals and only aiming at a torso with finesse is truly fail.
« Reply #423 on: May 01, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »

sweet, yeah, thanks for the advice.

I was thinking about using mutate to change fast shot or finesse, but really i wanted to change both so I don't know. 

You are not supposed to have more than one char right? I was thinking about starting a new one and playing around with this one but I don't know, will i get banned or something for that?

Lacan

« Reply #424 on: May 01, 2011, 09:17:44 pm »

sweet, yeah, thanks for the advice.

I was thinking about using mutate to change fast shot or finesse, but really i wanted to change both so I don't know. 

You are not supposed to have more than one char right? I was thinking about starting a new one and playing around with this one but I don't know, will i get banned or something for that?

it is pretty common to have different characters, they are named "alts". That offers a lot of possibilities of "interactions". You won't be banned for that, but it becomes illegal when you :

-fast relog (somehow bypass the 10 minutes wait between to relogs)

-dual log- multi log (using proxy, log in 2 or more characters at the same time)
« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2011, 09:22:31 pm »

Thanks again,

So what is the deal with "rebooting" or whatever its called? Does this game do that where everyone starts over and when will that happen again?

Lacan

« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2011, 09:29:31 pm »

Thanks again,

So what is the deal with "rebooting" or whatever its called? Does this game do that where everyone starts over and when will that happen again?

that would be the "wipe". Every once in a while (a few months), the server is cleaned from every characters, every items etc. A fresh start needed to implement new features. They are sometimes announced.

The time between 2 wipes is an "era", and right now we are playing the longest era yet;

there is no set date to the next wipe.
« Reply #427 on: May 02, 2011, 04:15:26 am »

so how does the aim deal work?

I went to setup and changed "aim for eyes" to "a" (removed alt and ctrl), and in the upper left corner it says "aimed: the eyes"
but it still makes me manually aim each time. what am i doing wrong?

Gazzz

• Fear the Fire
« Reply #428 on: May 02, 2011, 04:18:48 am »

so how does the aim deal work?

I went to setup and changed "aim for eyes" to "a" (removed alt and ctrl), and in the upper left corner it says "aimed: the eyes"
but it still makes me manually aim each time. what am i doing wrong?

if u see "aim for eyes" u have to use usual attacks , not aimed. If u shall use not aimed attacks then will work autoaim.
Lux aeterna
« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2011, 04:42:48 am »

cool thanks,

the percentage that show up is unaimed percentage though right?

Gazzz

• Fear the Fire
« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2011, 04:45:58 am »

no, the percentage depends on where you're aiming for. -60% in eyes,-40% in head , - 30% groin and hands, -20% legs.
you have to calculate it by youreself.
Lux aeterna
« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2011, 06:41:03 pm »

no, the percentage depends on where you're aiming for. -60% in eyes,-40% in head , - 30% groin and hands, -20% legs.
you have to calculate it by youreself.

Is that right?  that doesnt seem right because when i manually aim I am more than 35% for eyes.

Gazzz

• Fear the Fire
« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:53 pm »

i guess u didn't got what i'm talking about.
Base chance to hit(in torso) - (the fine to attack any part of body)= your chance to hit in different part of body

for example - you have 95% for using a not-aimed attack (no aimed = attack in tors), and you want to attack in eyes. The fine from eye-attacks = 60%, so the basic chance to hit in eyes will be 35%/ But this nimber can be also 95%, if u have a high skill of your weapon.

Lux aeterna
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »

I saw a thing somewhere that said you should use mercenaries to guard your tent, does this mean that its possibel for other people to find your tent?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »

I saw a thing somewhere that said you should use mercenaries to guard your tent, does this mean that its possibel for other people to find your tent?
Not without your "permission". Other players can tag you and follow you to the world map. Sometimes new players don't see that they are being followed, and when they go to their tent, their follower kills them.

A reason for mercs in tents/bases is to kill these people that try to follow you. And there is no other way for another player to stumble upon your tent unless you made it with them, which would be obvious if you did.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.