"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:24:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Question on my Character Build  (Read 1493 times)

A Question on my Character Build
« on: January 29, 2011, 12:56:13 am »

Hello,

I am relatively new to the whole Fallout: 2238 experience, and while I have died several times and have gotten very frustrated with the game at times, I am pleased to say that the rewards of playing have outweighed the trials, and I am happily continuing on my journey through the wasteland.

That said, I wanted to ask a couple questions about Character Builds, namely my own character build. My statistics are as follows:

S- 5
P- 5
E- 6
C- 5
I- 10
A- 5
L- 5

Optional Trait: Small Frame

Tag Skills: Small Guns
              Science
              Repair

Currently, I am well on my way through Level 5 and have bought the Gunsmith 1 profession.

I wanted to know, however, whether or not this build would work for a -mostly peaceful- merchant character. My main goal in the game is to become proficient at weapon making and become a proficient smith. So far, my Small Guns, Repair, and Science skills are all about 110%.

Is this build good for what I want to do? Is there a better build for a player like me? I would greatly appreciate any help and or advice on character creation and how to proceed leveling.

Thank you for reading and hopefully for providing advice.

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
Re: A Question on my Character Build
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:05:26 am »

Well, you could improve your build in many ways in my opinion:
CH 5 = CH 3 is enough to talk to all NPC's, you can just lead bigger groups with CH 5.
AG 5 = You get same amount of action points with AG 4, I would have chosen AG 4 or 6 or even higher. You will need AG 7 for Gunsmith SG 3.
LK 5 = Many good perks need LK 6, so you will loose many good perks because of this.

Your traits and tagged skills looks fine for a crafter.

Maybe you will find some useful info here:
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page

Also some useful pages from the wiki:
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Perks
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Profession:_Gunsmith_%28Small_Guns%29
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 06:53:53 am »

Yea lower Charisma to 3, agi up 1 and luck up 1, Talking to npc's is quite useful if you dont have a faction and you can still have 1 slave you could tell to mine for you which would make crafting easier, when the time comes to take sg 3 you could then pop a nuka cola to take it.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »

Well if you are pumping up your repair too, you might be happy with just SG2 + Armorer 2, also, your peaceful merchant might not like the benefits of joining the raiders to learn SG3 in a roleplaying sense (although you can quit Raiders and get some of your rep back).
power
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:03:03 pm »

Considering what I want to do in-game, would I be able to stay successful with this character build? I should also mention that I have the Small Frame Trait.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 11:28:45 pm »

Of course you can play successfully with it. You could have done the build a bit better here or there, but i see nothing
thats really crap. With the high INT you can also boost Outdoors and First aid to a high %, which helps alot.

With your 5 Charisma you could even think about getting the slaver perk (even if thats not real merchant like^^)
and get yourself a pair of slaves. They are useful not only as cheap guards, you can let the mine ores and minerals too.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »

Of course you can play successfully with it. You could have done the build a bit better here or there, but i see nothing
thats really crap. With the high INT you can also boost Outdoors and First aid to a high %, which helps alot.

With your 5 Charisma you could even think about getting the slaver perk (even if thats not real merchant like^^)
and get yourself a pair of slaves. They are useful not only as cheap guards, you can let the mine ores and minerals too.

Thanks; I'll stick with this one then. Out of curiosity, will the Slaver perk negatively affect my karma/reputation too much?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 01:02:38 am »

Thanks; I'll stick with this one then. Out of curiosity, will the Slaver perk negatively affect my karma/reputation too much?
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Slavery
just go down a little it will tell you with who and how much.
Roaming the waste again.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.