"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:33:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suggestion: Load delay for AI targeting.  (Read 3868 times)

Suggestion: Load delay for AI targeting.
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:08:15 pm »

Alright. the suggestion goes as follows.

If a player has slaves and or mercs. they will not fire untill the player has loaded his interface, and the map.

If a player enters an area, the enemy AI. which are any slaves, mercs, town guards. etc. will not attack him until he has loaded.

This isn't meant so much as a "protected mode", as a safety to keep players from dying before they can load. and also it won't hurt leader builds. since rather than putting a set time delay. its based on when the player spawning has the power to fight back.

However, the player can still die due to other players. so it won't change that. but due to the second it requires a player to react and attack. the player should be able to load fully and fight back. and his mercs should attack quickly enough, as long as he doesn't have a really really bad comp, or connection.

Thoughts?

-Ulrek-

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: Suggestion: Load delay for AI targeting.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »

This will be hard to impossible to implement, I guess. Not worth it
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

And if 5 players go in 1 encouter and they have different loading time what we do? Wait like on Starcraft?

Sorry but I don't like this suggestion.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »

Thats the bender for the straightener. Correct solution would be just not to spawn players (and his mercs) until map is loaded into his client. But i think it is for some reason now impossible.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 05:01:35 pm »

there should be parle? just for the emrcs  :P so theyll be able to attack people only after they get signal from client-to-server that map is loaded (thats gotta be implented?), so only who can attack is a player, but not hes mercs before parle time.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 11:58:34 pm »

And if 5 players go in 1 encouter and they have different loading time what we do? Wait like on Starcraft?

Sorry but I don't like this suggestion.

You misunderstood this entire thing. its about the AI cant target you unless you've loaded, and your AI merc's cant fire until you've loaded.

This will be hard to impossible to implement, I guess. Not worth it

Its not worth removing insta firing AI merc's that can fire as soon as you enter the area, even before you've loaded?
Thats the bender for the straightener. Correct solution would be just not to spawn players (and his mercs) until map is loaded into his client. But i think it is for some reason now impossible

Well that'll work as well, either my suggestion or that'll work perfectly.

-Ulrek-

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 12:00:51 am »

Give mutants longer reaction time, i said, once again.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 01:07:57 am »

If mutants suck than the big gangs will use BG mercs.

What i'm suggesting is a general protection from insta killing and insta death via mercs and AI's in general.

-Ulrek-

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 01:36:20 am »

say... like maybe when you encounter something outside of towns, they don't immediatelly attack you, they give you 2 or 3 seconds before they start rushing you.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 02:24:00 pm »

say... like maybe when you encounter something outside of towns, they don't immediatelly attack you, they give you 2 or 3 seconds before they start rushing you.

because of mercs some people experience game freezing when they try drop from WorldMap to location. so 2-3 isnt solution. there should be fix for mercs lag exploit first, then suggestions.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:56:20 am »

because of mercs some people experience game freezing when they try drop from WorldMap to location. so 2-3 isnt solution. there should be fix for mercs lag exploit first, then suggestions.

The game freezes since people are already dead or dying...

If you stopped them from getting instantly killed it'd fix the problem.

Which is the entire point of this suggestion. to add the same delay encounters have to the AI of all NPCs, so unless you have some other third party software, the AI cannot attack until the player can load, and there for the freezing is fixed.

Are none of you reading this?

-Ulrek-

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 02:57:07 am »

hell give every merc or slave longer reaction time, this error in this game is a error of little boys and beginers (im not trying to say im better than devs, because im not)

practically every shoter have this, since syphonfilter, Doom, Wolfenstein, and every actual balanced game have this, Callofduty, halo, gearsofwar, farcry, bioshock, etc dont you see it?

or maybe devs are unable to do this... in this case we are fuk off, and the most effective solution is disable all mercs.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Biogitanus

• I Only Know Things By Their Light
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 03:10:43 am »

for me the screen that comes should be loaded before the addition of the pj to the area. so would have the opportunity to aim or see who kills him to enter.

HowStrange...TheWorldSeemsMuchSmallerThanIRemember
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 04:21:01 pm »

or maybe devs are unable to do this... in this case we are fuk off, and the most effective solution is disable all mercs.

Mercs are part of the game. If you remove mercs, you remove all builds with over 3-5 ch (only because they will still want/need to cart around other players). You basically give the mother of all nerfs to CH. Possibly the worst idea in FOnline history right here ^ (by Reiniat).

I like the suggesting of delaying reaction time though :D
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 04:56:20 pm »

Hey, people, little bit off topic here.

Unless i am mistaken, i am allowed to say you're going OT.

Now, does anyone have a valid reason why my suggestion will not work to stop the screen freezing bug?

-Ulrek-
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.126 seconds with 22 queries.