"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:48:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A big problem! Please somebody help!!??  (Read 1280 times)

A big problem! Please somebody help!!??
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:29:59 pm »

OK so I download the client for FOnline 2238, everything is going good, the download is running smoothly, in no time its done. I then install the games launcher, which is also running great. It tells me to give the pathway to the MASTER and CRITTER .dats, so I do ( I extracted those from my win.rar Fallout 2 file, not sure if thats part of the problem or not ) And then it downloads, i excitedly push the play button on the launcher, register my character and login, I was a bit discouraged when I saw a bunch of red notices poping out from the bottom left corner of the login and play screen, they were saying File Couldnt be found and stuff like run updater.exe. and something about bald guy could not be found.... I ignore these, press play, it looks like the game is gonna start up! ( says LOADING... ) but after maybe 10 seconds it crashes back to the login and play screen, and the red notices are still there, I try to run it 8 more times, same outcome, I then decide to run the updater, it got a few "updates" in there when it just, stoped updating, I presumed it was taking way to long for an updater, i legit waited for like 40 mins :/ the button at the top was still saying ...wait... but i exit from the updater and press play in the launcher, it then tells me in a error message that "the path (or something) dx0011 (or something cant remember it exactly) could not be found. and it just keeps doing this, all of it! please somebody help! Im dying to play and this is just really upsetting :'(
A life without challenge is a life unlived
Re: A big problem! Please somebody help!!??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:00:04 pm »

You fubar'd that install when you cancelled the updater. Uninstall everything, start over. Run the updater BEFORE the client, so it'll actually update. Then you'll be good.

See you in game.
AIM: nuclearweapons4u

<Marko>kurwa = doing sex in a manner of cheating, or prostitution. there is another word for fuck.
<Kilgore>   personally, i use it as a comma
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »

REALLY?! Thats all I was doing wrong!? zomg thank you! THANK YOU! Yea so run the updater BEFORE I start the game thank you man
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 07:08:12 pm »

Oh great, now a brand new problem is up -___- Well I dragged the MASTER and CRITTER from the Fallout 2 win.rar file, dragged them to my desktop and I set the pathway to the desktop MASTER and CRITTER, anyways at the end of the launcher installation, it gives me an error message something like this: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the apllication
Im not sure what caused this problem, should I just reinstall everything? ( even my Fallout 2? )
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »

Did you buy F02 off steam, brosef?
AIM: nuclearweapons4u

<Marko>kurwa = doing sex in a manner of cheating, or prostitution. there is another word for fuck.
<Kilgore>   personally, i use it as a comma
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 07:12:26 pm »

No, I bought Fallout 2 from a retail shop, it was the collection edition, but I did add Fallout 2 to steam afterwards....
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:13:41 pm »

Is this the root of the problem? If not then I really need some help on this new problem, I was thinking of reinstalling everything. And trying again
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.