"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:31:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Base encounters  (Read 2003 times)

FstrAnthony

• Yeah Its That Kind Of Perk
Re: Base encounters
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 07:48:36 am »

i hope a pigrat dont take off with ur Highwayman im mainly talking about animal encounters
I will Murk U In Cod Black Ops Ps3

http://www.youtube.com/user/FstrAnthony1457?feature=mhee
[UPDATED]my youtube black ops channels [UPDATED]

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 08:49:56 am »

Actually, having your vehicles vandalized hadn't occurred to me. I like. This would be a good reason to putting keys in a locked locker, perhaps, heh.  Finding that they are missing parts, too, afterward (Though I kinda would like to steal FCCs out of roaches or other such things anyway)
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

FstrAnthony

• Yeah Its That Kind Of Perk
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 09:09:10 am »

if we would have encounters tho it should be balanced so like 8 deathclaw vs a guy and his private base it should be based on the members (someone come up with a formula)

not to go off topic but that would be nice and if they was caught vandalizing they were unprotected(protected towns)
I will Murk U In Cod Black Ops Ps3

http://www.youtube.com/user/FstrAnthony1457?feature=mhee
[UPDATED]my youtube black ops channels [UPDATED]

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 09:42:12 am »

I hope that this whole topic is just trolling otherwise its one of the most stupid idea I ever heard. And all Gatlings suggestions are madmans dreams focused on nerfing the game more and more.
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 10:05:52 am »

I don't like it much either.
Big factions won't have much of a problem with this, the smaller ones will suffer.
Big factions don't have a problem getting back after being robbed, smaller ones do.
So NCR or nightkins occupying or robbing your base will be annoying to some and a big hit to others.
Also the idea that your base might get robbed or taken over means people will create storage alts, shared tents and use car trunks. They will log off on the world map with stuff in their inventory and car trunks.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:01 am »

It's a good idea. Right now bases/tents are safe havens where never anything happens and the chance to get raided only occurs if you're uncautious to let someone sneak in/follow you. It has only upsides and no downsides where you can accumulate your items and stuff without any risk, while NPC can get raided, looted, killed etc all day long.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 10:47:56 am »

bla bla bla just use ur imagination:

Also the idea that your base might get robbed or taken over means people will create storage alts, shared tents and use car trunks. They will log off on the world map with stuff in their inventory and car trunks.

people are to smart for some crappy disadvantages so the only result of such implementation gona be pain in the ass for all players, with more reloging. Game gona be nerfed more again fuckl yeah..... and if mercs not gona be deleted from game every1 just gona puts tons of it in base as a gurads and then ur whole feature is pointless and gona hit only noobs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:50:03 am by Rascal »
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »

Have you read the changes to mercs/slaves etc? I doubt there will be huge armies guarding bases now that they will require upkeep.
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »

1 problem :D
i bet all know this, but:
some players gonna use tons of alts for keep items then  ;)

Let the Force be with You.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »

1 problem :D
i bet all know this, but:
some players gonna use tons of alts for keep items then  ;)

As if tons of players aren't using alts either.
Also, nerfing? Ahem, the ideas are aimed at adding things, not totally trashing peoples bases. The 'thieving npc' is only a minor idea and part of the concept and not the whole pie. I want alot more to be able to happen there, including Wilder that bring you their 'junk' (not just the actual item), as well as traders that visit You.  Quit harping on one little point, that was not the whole focus.

Yes, my ideas usually seem to be quite mad.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:06:39 pm by Gatling »
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.