"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 04:42:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What about reworking doctors profession  (Read 11367 times)

Re: What about reworking doctors profession
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:17 pm »

The charisma requirement doesn't make any sense game-world-wise. Any doctor is rather used to see disgusting things (so your ugly face wouldn't be impressive) and the opportunity to perform such an operation (plus get paid) would be a chance not to be missed. Therefore, it's a very cheap solution for making people invest in CH and I don't like it. It would make more sense to have implants reduce both CH and AG (or AG alone), since the plates could somewhat limit your movement.

But would it be worth it at all? If you wouldn't want to lose a stat point you would have to get Gain perk. You simply can get better effect with just taking Toughness instead. And even second rank of Lifegiver is already better than Toughness.

And finally, the whole idea with splitting doc profession into two is splitting the hair. Doc is useless as a healer and many craftable drugs are useless too.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »

In the latest coments you all forget one point, devs are creating a game as close as possible to f1 and f2, so what are you talking about reducing agility or anything ?
For lvl3 implants you get -1 charisma per each implant in f2, so here should be the same. And if you are with 1 charisma you are not ugly as fuck as i said, but you are ugly like a retard because you have tumor in your head or something, and putting advanced implants in your body would be too dangerous for your ugly unique body, simple. And you say that 2 charisma for "ultimate killer" build would do nothing, well it would do something, take 2 endurence for sake of charisma, you will lose something like 44 hp in the end,  take 2 str for the sake of charisma or any other stat, it will make your killing abilities worse. And this is good as we are trying to even all professions, cause now minigunerrs are way overpowerd.
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 10:20:41 pm »

In the latest coments you all forget one point, devs are creating a game as close as possible to f1 and f2, so what are you talking about reducing agility or anything ?

Because what worked in single player doesn't have to work in multiplayer. Besides, there was no charisma requirement in F2, so there goes your faithfulness to originals.

Second level implants don't have negative sides, so the result will be that everyone will have them. Do we really need that?

As for third level implants, they are pretty much useless the way you presented them.
Following conditions (ALL of them) would have to be met for them to be worth getting:
1. Having Lifegiver perk.
2. Having second Lifegiver perk.
3. Having Toughness perk.
4. Having second Toughness perk.
5. Having >240 HP at level 21, therefore having 10 EN.
If you had met conditions 1-4 and had only 8 EN, you would still be better off with investing two more points in EN instead wasting them on implants.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »

Because what worked in single player doesn't have to work in multiplayer. Besides, there was no charisma requirement in F2, so there goes your faithfulness to originals.

Second level implants don't have negative sides, so the result will be that everyone will have them. Do we really need that?

As for third level implants, they are pretty much useless the way you presented them.
Following conditions (ALL of them) would have to be met for them to be worth getting:
1. Having Lifegiver perk.
2. Having second Lifegiver perk.
3. Having Toughness perk.
4. Having second Toughness perk.
5. Having >240 HP at level 21, therefore having 10 EN.
If you had met conditions 1-4 and had only 8 EN, you would still be better off with investing two more points in EN instead wasting them on implants.

Yes in f2 you can have it because you are playing alone, but here we would have a problem, if implants would be available to those who have 01 charisma, everyone would take 01 charisma, because in that way you win 2 free statpoints compared to those who has higher charisma, so that 01 rule is made by me only to make things fair between players.

Yes 2nd lvl implants wouldnt have negative sides, but if we would make their price implant (thus combat armor) and 130k in caps, people would have to chose, if they want them that bad, or they will buy a base instead a car or wahtever. Of course they should be available only for those who are advanced in game (by amount of materials).

Well, first of all there are no such thing as implants or doctor scientist profession, but if it would be still, noone is holding a gun in your head and telling you to buy those implants.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 01:08:04 am »

And you say that 2 charisma for "ultimate killer" build would do nothing, well it would do something, take 2 endurence for sake of charisma, you will lose something like 44 hp in the end,  take 2 str for the sake of charisma or any other stat, it will make your killing abilities worse. And this is good as we are trying to even all professions, cause now minigunerrs are way overpowerd.

Or I'll just take 2 from INT, get 3 CHA, get slightly smaller FA skill and, aside from my usual 240+ HP get additional 10% damage res making me even harder to kill. And that's to do what - nerf the damage of BGs? That's already done, minigun deals 30 damage to people with Metal Mk2 (which is the standard, you don't see people fighting in leathers or bluesuits - everyone uses Metal Mk2++ not to come off as a cheap whore and an insult to his/her team), LSW is better by a slight margin. Avenger still works but is hard to get, bazooka never was that awesome. Laser Rifles are next to useless and require a lot of shots to kill someone if you don't get really lucky with a nerfed crit, Sniper Rifles are the same - and you want to "rebalance" the game by increasing armor resistances? What game have you been playing dude? Cause you've obviously missed PvP in FO2238.

As a side note, we're gradually moving towards a game where all guns are basically toys making a lot of noise and very little damage while requiring shitload of precious ammo to work. When you have to spend 2 hours in order to spend 5 minutes fighting then something is obviously wrong with the combat system. The only weapon that actually works well right now is the plasma grenade - and that my friends indeed does suck.
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 09:31:06 am »

Or I'll just take 2 from INT, get 3 CHA, get slightly smaller FA skill and, aside from my usual 240+ HP get additional 10% damage res making me even harder to kill. And that's to do what - nerf the damage of BGs? That's already done, minigun deals 30 damage to people with Metal Mk2 (which is the standard, you don't see people fighting in leathers or bluesuits - everyone uses Metal Mk2++ not to come off as a cheap whore and an insult to his/her team), LSW is better by a slight margin. Avenger still works but is hard to get, bazooka never was that awesome. Laser Rifles are next to useless and require a lot of shots to kill someone if you don't get really lucky with a nerfed crit, Sniper Rifles are the same - and you want to "rebalance" the game by increasing armor resistances? What game have you been playing dude? Cause you've obviously missed PvP in FO2238.

As a side note, we're gradually moving towards a game where all guns are basically toys making a lot of noise and very little damage while requiring shitload of precious ammo to work. When you have to spend 2 hours in order to spend 5 minutes fighting then something is obviously wrong with the combat system. The only weapon that actually works well right now is the plasma grenade - and that my friends indeed does suck.

Totally agreed. Messing with resists will cripple the game.
I LOVE Fallout for the reason of a lucky bastard with Desert Eagle can critically shot enemy for 90HP and knock him down unconcious. You know what do I hate MOST in 90% of MMO RPG? Characters having 54345646545436 HP, 23456346677 MANA, dealing 123 damage for each attack. It's simply BORING. And kinda unrealistic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 18 queries.