"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 01:40:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What about reworking doctors profession  (Read 11365 times)

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
Re: What about reworking doctors profession
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 11:56:15 pm »

You can hardly even talk to people with 2 Charisma so how you expect to sign up for implants from a Doctor is beyond me.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 12:17:04 am »

It's good that its a semi useless attribute, with the current system and lack of gifted dropping it to 1 is the only way to make a decent combat char. Also having 3 cha dropped to 2 is wasting 2 points, thats why I said have 2 cha and then get -1.

well thats the point: in f2 all skills are equally good depending on what your character is, in fonline they are not, as you say charisma is quite useless, so i think developers should try to make those all stats skills as equal as possible. And implants stuff would be a great step forward to this.

Reconite: you can drug yoursellf with mentats to talk with others :/ so not talking could be easily cheated in this way.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:20:19 am by vedaras »
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 12:27:54 am »

Using drugs to up your stats isn't really cheating, that's what they are there for. Character's in fonline are pretty gimped to begin with and without mentats you couldn't do the main quests to get to level 5. Without those 5 levels some builds won't ever get anywhere because their starting weapon skills are too low to be effective.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 12:41:29 am »

One thing I'd suggest, seeing as how we're talking about charisma, is that people with horrible charisma (1) can't join parties. If your character is built like a loner, better be prepared to be one.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 12:54:54 am »

Using drugs to up your stats isn't really cheating, that's what they are there for. Character's in fonline are pretty gimped to begin with and without mentats you couldn't do the main quests to get to level 5. Without those 5 levels some builds won't ever get anywhere because their starting weapon skills are too low to be effective.

i know it isnt, butt if the only protection from cha1 characters would be the "npc talk test" they could still past it drugged, so if we are looking for a suggestion that could denie cha 1 characters from getting implants that "talk test" wont work as one.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 01:14:37 am »

Why would having 1cha exclude you from getting this, there is no logical reason. I mean healing powder lowers your PE as a drawback and this has no effect on 1pe chars. Having a stat at 1 is enough of a disadvantage without missing out on upgrades that are the equivalent of an extra perk.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 01:26:38 am »

Why would having 1cha exclude you from getting this, there is no logical reason. I mean healing powder lowers your PE as a drawback and this has no effect on 1pe chars. Having a stat at 1 is enough of a disadvantage without missing out on upgrades that are the equivalent of an extra perk.

2 free statpoints for those who have cha1 compared with those who have bigger would be too great advantage, and as i said before, in this way we try to make others and overpowered cha1 minigunners more even and not, to make them even more overpowered.
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 09:20:55 am »

So after wipe they'll have EXACLY same builds, just powered by 2 points in the charisma. I see no point in this everything. Simply, make implants achievable after LONG quest, make implants priceless, costing +999999 caps, make getting implants something special like killing Diablo-quest. Or make it in the way if you choose + INT implant, you CAN'T leave Vault City Faction, you CAN'T be friend of a gang, etc.

Jet for doctors? No, no, no. Make new profession (druggist, 2 levels), expand limit of proffessions to 5, add requierment of doctor [2] to it and then it'll work.
Anti-jet only for druggist [2] and doctor [3]   8)

One thing I'd suggest, seeing as how we're talking about charisma, is that people with horrible charisma (1) can't join parties. If your character is built like a loner, better be prepared to be one.

That won't work. We got radio-channels for making party encounters now.
Get over it. Charisma 1 don't make you cannibal. Maybe people don't like you, don't want to talk with you. OR you just hate the humankind, you won't even try to contact with the others.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:31:50 am by Szef »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 12:35:17 pm »

So after wipe they'll have EXACLY same builds, just powered by 2 points in the charisma. I see no point in this everything. Simply, make implants achievable after LONG quest, make implants priceless, costing +999999 caps, make getting implants something special like killing Diablo-quest. Or make it in the way if you choose + INT implant, you CAN'T leave Vault City Faction, you CAN'T be friend of a gang, etc.

Jet for doctors? No, no, no. Make new profession (druggist, 2 levels), expand limit of proffessions to 5, add requierment of doctor [2] to it and then it'll work.
Anti-jet only for druggist [2] and doctor [3]   8)

1. Thats the point, when people will need to add points to charisma, they will take those point from perception endurence or other skills, many characters will be made in less brute bersekers way then they are now, and thats what i am trying to achieve. Yeah i thought about that vault city faction thing, but the problem is that oi doctor is in courty yard not inside vault city, so even if vault city would be the only place for getting inplants you still could get those implanted without being vc citizen.

2. Jet for doctors? No, no, no.?
Let me remind you that doctor troy in vc ivented jet antidote! and doctors renesco and the one in redding deals jet not somekinda druggists or whatever.
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 02:13:36 pm »

That won't work. We got radio-channels for making party encounters now.
Get over it. Charisma 1 don't make you cannibal. Maybe people don't like you, don't want to talk with you. OR you just hate the humankind, you won't even try to contact with the others.

No, it doesn't make you a cannibal, but it contradicts the character system. Low strength guys can't use guns well, low intelligence guys can't have a lot of skill points, low agility guys can't make aimed shots, low perception guys can't see, low charisma guys can hang around with a party of 9 other players wait what.
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »

First of all, doctors in fonline aren't the douchebags on ER. Of course they would know how to create drugs, it's part of their profession. As for the current builds being "brute tanks" they are already handicapped by low stat points, taking one more out won't help anyone.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 07:32:19 pm »

No, it doesn't make you a cannibal, but it contradicts the character system. Low strength guys can't use guns well, low intelligence guys can't have a lot of skill points, low agility guys can't make aimed shots, low perception guys can't see, low charisma guys can hang around with a party of 9 other players wait what.

I wanted to say THAT won't work:
1 CH - no implants
3 CH - implants allowed

effect:
Powerbuild receives +2 CH at start and +2 points from implants later

point:
no change at all. More SPECIAL points for all. All people have 3CH coz' there's no disadvantage.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:37:13 pm by Szef »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 07:51:15 pm »

Huh WTF are you talking about? Implant don't add SPECIAL points, they add resistances.
And in fact why have less charsima would make you unable to have an implant? What will change one scar more or less, if you are ugly/scared/asocial?
Maybe the operation would require specials material that can be found in VC if you pay the really expensive cost that allow you to use it (and you have to pay the doctor lvl3 who gonna do your operation and pay the stimpacks, bio med gel, and others materials requires for the operation). And a chance to operation fail (depending of the skill of operator), and you have to restart everything. And you need a special book where the implant are describe... etc...
There can be all this difficulties to have an implant, which would make this hard to do AND realistic.
Also i think this profession really to be improved (she is the hardest and most useless ATM), so it would be cool if this idea be implemanted.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:02:27 pm by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 08:05:15 pm »

The implant costs one CA and lowers your stats for 5% dr. It's a pretty fair price for a small upgrade.

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »

Oh, maybe. Implants, not chips.. Argh.. Tired after work :P ==

Resists.. hmm.. Let's think about it once more. That will make NEW powerbuilds. 2 less intelligence, +10% resists
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:40:30 pm by Szef »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.