"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:57:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Treasure maps (uo rip)  (Read 783 times)

Treasure maps (uo rip)
« on: January 14, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

So yeah before you ask this is a straight rip off from UO, but I think it'd fit nicely here to give players stuff to do :D

Sometimes looting critters you'll find a "treasure map" which can take various form: a book/letter in which a raider hastily coded the location of some loot stash or of a small community easy to attack, a holodisc on a BOS guy with a mission order to go retrieve stuff from a squad killed on a mission, a radio transcript of a detress call of a caravan that was wiped by deathclaws, a note from a scavenger who found in the ruins of LA a pre-war shop burried under rubble and miraculously not fully looted.....you name it.

Then if you use the "use" item on the book/holodisk/map, it does a science/outdoorsman/intelligence/speech(?)/whatnot check and if skill high enough and success, the map basically gives you a location (XX/XX zone coordinate), to which you go. You enter the zone, use science skill on the item, get teleported (like when building tent) to a ad-hoc location which contain, back to the above examples, the remains of the caravan, the entrance to the military facility the BOS squad was investigating, the innocent farm the raider was planning to attack, etc.... and obviously, possibly some critters of some sort. May as well be a simple chest buried under a tree (the raider could have done that.then you'll need a shovel).

and the LEWT . Behind a lock and/or a trap.

There could be different difficulties for "maps" with different rewards and different levels of skills.

Idea to flesh out if you like!

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: Treasure maps (uo rip)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:53:53 pm »

there are special encounters, but we need some things like this

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:32:52 pm »

i would like this to would give me something to do when i got nothing to do but as long as you can only get one a day or people might abuse it by getting alot of them and doing them and just farming doing this. :)
Roaming the waste again.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 07:27:27 pm »

Well, at least its another use for those useless skills.  And as it is this is always an interesting thing to read/do from other games.

Full support.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.