"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:11:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Speech Skill & Trade  (Read 904 times)

headshot

• Killian
Speech Skill & Trade
« on: January 09, 2011, 09:58:26 am »

Hello!

As you know, speech skill is currently practically useless and barter skill determines time to buy and prices. Good merchant should be good negotiator too, so maybe good will be if the Speech skill wil determine time which you have to barter and Barter will determine prices.

Korusho

• Beeop? BEEOP! BEEEEOOOOOPPPPP
Re: Speech Skill & Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:56:53 am »

I suggested something similar to this a long time ago, and didn't get very many responces. The idea is sound, the dev's however don't seem to be interested in it though.

Nor the players for that matter. Its just another distraction from their pewpew fest in the northern cities.
I wonder if this tripwire has enough BZZT in it...

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:35:27 am »

i think it should be this way makes sense right speech the person will want to talk to you long and barter well its barter u should allways get more caps from tradeing when u have higher barter. :)
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:02:42 am »

Speech currently does affect the time frame in which you have to speak to any npc between dialogue choices. 5 % speech gives default 45 seconds , while 300% speech gives 300 seconds.

Pretty sure barter has been made to work as it does, with regards to how it is not affecting prices  and only time in which you have to deal. Has been made this way to discourage hundreds of specialized 'barter alts'.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.