"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:34:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Noises on the World Map screen  (Read 2351 times)

Noises on the World Map screen
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:41 pm »

I usually play Fonline with Winamp playing in the background. Of course, I turned the game sounds off and unchecked the global sounds option..

Well, the problem is, when I'm in the World Map screen Winamp randomly generates noises (to be precise a "white noise") time to time. This only happens during the world map screen. And it's really annoying. I was playing this game some months ago and there wasn't such a problem. Now, I started again and this..

Searched the forum but found nothing about it, am I the only one having this issue?  :-\

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Problem with Winamp
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:21:17 pm »

This is hardly a bug with the game client.. But well, try to update your audio drivers. Try to check if there are other audio applications open besides winamp and FOnline. The game still sends audioinformations to your audiodevice, so it can happen that you'll hear some random noises and crackles.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:15 am »

My drivers are up to date and no other programs are open besides these two. I'm sure it's about FOnline because as I mentioned it only happens at map screen. There's no problem in cities or so..

Well, then should I suggest you to put a "disable sound" option of some sort (To prevent game sending any audioinfo at all). I believe we can also save some RAM or CPU power this way (It'd be a negligible save though :D). Anyway it's really disturbing, because roaming in the wastes takes rather a long time and those noises are not "some crackles", they are too loud and pretty frequent (like if my speakers gonna explode or something). Otherwise, I wouldn't be writing this issue here at all..

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:39:01 am »

The easiest thing to do would be to close your winamp and listen to the sound and music of the game instead.
Noises on the World Map screen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:14:39 pm »

At first, I diagnosed this issue falsely as "Problem with Winamp" but it isn't related with any program at all. Only FOnline is running, I opened the sounds. But, on the World Map screen, it's random noises and stuff I mentioned before. Please help.. :(

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Noises on the World Map screen
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:48:02 pm »

I think I know what you mean, and if I am not wrong, there is no problem with such "noises".

In FOnline, while you are on Worldmap, your character keeps making the same "noises" he does when he is in a "regular" (sorry I ignore the right term, but I mean a town, a base, a tent, etc). These noises include scratching his head, reloading the gun (not actually reloading, I am talking about the "reloading" animation you can see when your character is iddle).

I think it is a consequence of being able to open inventory, character sheet, etc. on Worldmap.

Anyway, if these are the noises you mean, then it is not an bug, error or anything like that.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:32:34 am »

I think I know what you mean, and if I am not wrong, there is no problem with such "noises".

In FOnline, while you are on Worldmap, your character keeps making the same "noises" he does when he is in a "regular" (sorry I ignore the right term, but I mean a town, a base, a tent, etc). These noises include scratching his head, reloading the gun (not actually reloading, I am talking about the "reloading" animation you can see when your character is iddle).

I think it is a consequence of being able to open inventory, character sheet, etc. on Worldmap.

Anyway, if these are the noises you mean, then it is not an bug, error or anything like that.
Yes, but:
Of course, I turned the game sounds off and unchecked the global sounds option..
So scratching head, reloading gun, etc animations ignore it? Then it's some kind of bug, very strange, but bug, if he is talking about other sounds, then it's something even more strange.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 09:27:23 pm »

Ahh, no you got me wrong :)

These are really annoying sounds. To be more apparent, it's white noise. Sometimes a little crack, sometimes a 3 second headfuck. It's more frequent if I'm listening to something (winamp, media player, etc.), otherwise it's rare but still present. Sounds on or off doesn't matter.

I believe a disable sounds option would work well, so I beg you staff, do something about it.  :'(
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 12:44:17 am »

sounds like an isolated case, nobody else seems to have it. could it be a hardware issue?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 12:45:37 am »

Do you ever have any other windows open or programs running when this occurs?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 12:18:04 am »

Do you ever have any other windows open or programs running when this occurs?
Usually, yes. Let it be Winamp or Google Chrome. But man, I need those, no one has any problems running those with FOnline, do they? Even if FOnline runs alone, the problems still persist, but much more rarely..

Btw, I have an external sound card. But I always keep my drivers up to date. And I didn't see such a problem in any other games or programs..

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »

Sometimes a little crack, sometimes a 3 second headfuck.

I lol'ed at that.  Anyway, I know what your problem is.
It's not the FOnline client, or any software at all.   When you travel on world map, you lean back and relax while waiting.  Your feet are kicking the audio jack going into or out of your sub woofer and you're getting that electrical 'pop' noise that you would expect from the mini cable coming loose briefly.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 02:49:30 am »

I lol'ed at that.  Anyway, I know what your problem is.
It's not the FOnline client, or any software at all.   When you travel on world map, you lean back and relax while waiting.  Your feet are kicking the audio jack going into or out of your sub woofer and you're getting that electrical 'pop' noise that you would expect from the mini cable coming loose briefly.
Haha, it'd be really funny if only that was my problem..

I applause you for your magnificent imagination, though. :D

Alright, should I be more specific for developers to solve this issue. My sound card is an external "M-Audio Fast Track USB". And this problem NEVER occures outside FOnline (I'm playing tons of other games). So, I'm pretty sure it's FOnline specific. Weird thing is, it seems like it's only me having this issue. Is there no one here who does some amateur home recording with external cards and stuff?
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:01:25 am »

I´ve got an internal M-Audio soundcard, and I get BSOD´d randomly when I'm in-game. Disabling the card lets me play without any problems. So, it´s either home recording or fonline without sounds. :P
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 02:59:38 pm »

I´ve got an internal M-Audio soundcard, and I get BSOD´d randomly when I'm in-game. Disabling the card lets me play without any problems. So, it´s either home recording or fonline without sounds. :P

Ok, so it's clearly an M-Audio compatibility problem. Disabling it and switching to on-board every time I want to play FOnline seems pretty grueling. I think I'm gonna live with this problem forever :/

At least it isn't BSOD for me, I love this game but if I got such a thing I'd probably have to uninstall it..
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.