Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

So?

Yes
No
Maybe
I didn't get it.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Full loot on choice.  (Read 2221 times)

avv

Re: Full loot on choice.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 03:19:00 pm »

I see it as a make or break sort of thing, this is the game and its hard (in the beginning mostly). You can keep trying a learn the ropes or you can keep dying, whining, cursing in some cases (lol thieves) and possibly forum rage. I just sorta see the suggestion as stepping it down a notch so you have a better chance in the beginning but i reckon the true stepping stone for a new player to keep at it in this game is the tent. The quicker they can get one they have a place to store stuff at the very least and not lose items gathered over hours of playtime to start at scratch again (well unless they gained a level or two).

It's only hard in the beginning because player has to learn from trial and error. Once you know everything, the hardness is only limited to the goal you set yourself.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:22 pm »

i am not whining nor complaining about the hardness of this game. as i said before i have no problem with buying stuff. i dont have to mine or craft at all. but i know lots of players who stopped playing after some full loots in a row. i don't say "disable full loot at all" all i suggest is to let the players have the chance to keep the stuff that his killer doesn't find interesting. you can still full loot your victim, but even with this current system once you take the things that u want and leave the map, you cant come back to take the rest anyway.

and you dont have to wait for your killer to leave the map, if you dont want to. you can still choose to lose everything on you. it is all up to you.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:23:14 pm by Nyarla »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 06:31:11 pm »

when you get your ass kicked in battle it means you are the loser so you lose every little thing. when you die in real life you dont take shit with you so deal with dieing and having to get more gear just keep a large amount of guns and armor at your tent or base and when you die go there and restock as easy as that. :o
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »

when you die in real life you dont take shit with you

that might be because there aren't respawn points in real life. as far as i know, when you die in real life, you are parma-banned from life.

so deal with dieing and having to get more gear just keep a large amount of guns and armor at your tent or base and when you die go there and restock as easy as that. :o

i think i couldnt express myself clearly. i already got shit loads of ammo and weapons in my base. more than i can ever use before the wipe. this suggestion is not about me. when somebody kills my char in the wasteland he would drop some of his own stuff to make room for my ba and avanger anyhow. why should i want to save worthless things after the pk has taken everything worthy? it isn't about me, it is about low level new players who doesn't have millions of caps in the banks; weapons, armors and ammo spread all over the base because there is no room left in the lockers; and good friends who would craft stuff for him...

i am not complaining about how hard it is to re-equip my char. if i am near my tent or my base, it takes only a few minutes to take a few shots of super stimps and to fully equip him. but as i said before, i always see the same players no matter which city i go. even in the forum there are always the same people. new players must be encouraged to play this game.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »

i get what u are saying but come on if you think new players new players need help dont give them there stuff back after they got there ass handed to them on a sliver plater help them by giving them addvice on how to not die. fallout is not WOW where if you die you still got all your shit fallout is when you die you have to start all over again and work hard to lvl up so you can be the one killing and not dieing. ;D and yes i agree this game is not noob friendly but we also dont want this game to be so easy that any dumb ass can play it and just be a master at it we want player who will work hard to play and lvl and will not bitch when they die. :o
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 01:49:11 am »

i get what u are saying but come on if you think new players new players need help dont give them there stuff back after they got there ass handed to them on a sliver plater help them by giving them addvice on how to not die. fallout is not WOW where if you die you still got all your shit fallout is when you die you have to start all over again and work hard to lvl up so you can be the one killing and not dieing. ;D and yes i agree this game is not noob friendly but we also dont want this game to be so easy that any dumb ass can play it and just be a master at it we want player who will work hard to play and lvl and will not bitch when they die. :o

I think he sees it the way i do, first you might get more players because you can recover the junk you may use to otherwise craft/trade that your pker finds useless. But with a higher player base that just cant "deal with it" i.e. losing their shit out in the wastes I can only see "them" going to whine about their hard labour in acquiring said weapon/armour/munitions looted in an instant because it was lenient in the first place.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 03:30:02 am »

fallout is not WOW
Yeah, if you die in fallout you have to reload a save.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 25 queries.