"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 05:27:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Delete mercenaries  (Read 983 times)

Delete mercenaries
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:55 am »

Like in the topic. Why? Because some players likes making mercenaries traps. There is no honour and skill in this kind of behaviour. They don't need any skill. Just simply bug in the game. It is not funny and pr0. I think it isn't pk. Why? Because they don't kill any players. Everything doing mercenaries.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Delete mercenaries
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:07:31 am »

Scratches head

Don't knock it till ya try it -.-.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:15:12 am »

What? No slang please.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:26:09 am »

Problem isn't with mercenaries, it's with being able to camp a tile or spawn in a city with their micro-second reaction time, and being able to swarm a player with these reaction times.

Instead of just saying,
 "Grrr I hate [insert feature here] please delete it," how about trying to suggest something to improve the situation?

There have already been many suggestions such as delayed reaction times, make the map load before the character, overall decreasing the power of them, making weak slaves be more useful in other ways than just combat, remove "auto-shoot" option for mercs (so they don't automatically attack another player that spawns until you tell them to), and other suggestions I can't think of right now.

And there are actual plans to make "less muties, more slaves" to balance mercenaries even more, which I assume means drastically decreasing global limits for mutant mercs, but increasing global limits for slaves to promote slave trade and hopefully other non-combat activities rather than just camping tiles with 5 rocket-launcher mercs.

What? No slang please.
He's just saying don't suggest to delete unless you've actually tried having mercs of your own.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.