"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 11:16:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Newbie Suggestions [edited]  (Read 1027 times)

Newbie Suggestions [edited]
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »

Hi, I just started playing this mod.
But I wonder, why have you make it so damn hard in the begining?
and grief friendly?

I dont know how many times I have wandered around with good gear and I die in the middle of nowhere!
When I have died in an town or other area I have atleast a small chance of retreaving my gear.

What this mod needs is a nice learning curve, I know this is Fallout but the begining is too hard.
This mod mostly makes me want to play vanilla Fallout 2 co-op.

There should be a starting area for noobs with noob quests and noob gear, then when they are done there they move further north where it gets tougher and tougher.

Right now Im walking around the hub and boneyard, trying to hold my limbs and gear together while I get abused by packs of enemies.

So my suggestions are is:

X The turn-based mode needs be faster!

X A more noobier starting point. (with less packs of enemies and more enemies of 1-3).
  A place where players new to the mod can play and do quests with other players with ease.
  Then maybe as the quest draw further north the harder it gets, less guards in towns etc.

X "Corpse area", meaning when you die the game creates an area there, now you have a chance to retrive your gear but after 5 minutes the area   disapears.
  If you get killed by human enemies, yes you will be looted.
  But I have died of animals ALOT because of bad luck.
  This will be a great help to new players.

X Factions Wars!
  In this noob area with I vision pretty big, there will be
  several factions a player can choose.
  Say first some easy quests, then the player will be tempted to join one   or the other.
  There will be action and betrayal between the factions, and players will   be involved in both.

This way the devs can give the players some backstory, story and hints  of what is happening outside the noob area.
  Once out, the players of diffrent factions or lone wolfs will go out and
  make their own stories.

I belive these suggestions would help to define the mod more towards Fallout legacy, which for me focused on Fun and Freedom.
NOT griefing and letdowns.

Good idea or bad?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:12:52 pm by SierraKhaar »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: Newbie Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:56 pm »

This mod mostly makes me want to play vanilla Fallout 2 co-op.
Maybe try TLA? Oh no way, you need to know some russian to have a chance.

It's meh idea, because if you're getting killed, you're also probably getting looted. If you're ganked by bandits you wouldn't stand a chance to retrieve your items anyway.
Not worth implementing I suppose.
A more noobier starting point. (with less packs of enemies and more enemies of 1-3).
This is indeed good idea, in making some squares safe wouldn't ruin game for anyone and it'd allow some easier leveling without performing tedious tasks like shit shoveling.
However I'd still prefer low level quests, like getting V13 suit in FO2,saving Smitty, or clearing cave of radscorpions. With notable XP rewards ofcourse, like 1k, not just here is your ciggs - ty here you are 100xp.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »

I've been thrown into the middle a pack of wolfs, floaters, rats and toads.
Even if the chance of getting your gear back is low on higher lvl places, this gives some hope to newbie players insted of
- "oh well, I just lost 3000$ worth of gear, AGAIN".

Yes, an area where low level players can group with friends and have fun, insted of being constantly pissed because of griefers, thiefs, loss of gear and bad luck.

[/qoute]
It's meh idea, because if you're getting killed, you're also probably getting looted. If you're ganked by bandits you wouldn't stand a chance to retrieve your items anyway.
Not worth implementing I suppose.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:12:59 pm »

oh yeah, wasteland is harsh

But he is right about that learning curve thingy. When i started playing this game, usually (and i by usually i mean all the fucking time) i had the wiki opened and while i was traveling and exping, i read almost everything there... In the game there is almost no info about anything . Pressing F1 ingame tells u only some hotkeys.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: Newbie Suggestions [edited]
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:05:19 pm »

X The turn-based mode needs be faster!
I'd be surprised if this haven't been requested already. In fact I remmember requests to make players at least run in TB.
X Factions Wars!
Something is going to happen, just read the forums a little more.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.