"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 10, 2024, 10:22:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The cathedral/Arroyo  (Read 1602 times)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
The cathedral/Arroyo
« on: December 24, 2009, 07:38:08 am »

Ok, so I've noticed that the cathedral is still around in the game world and Arroyo is inaccessible.
This makes absolutely no sense. Mainly due to the fact that no matter what the cathedral blows up at the end of Fallout 1 and is a major plot point, I have also read that the devs left Arroyo out due to continuity problems but that just sounds like an excuse to me because of the cathedral still being around, if it was about keeping the game world in line with the actual fallout world then there would be no cathedral and arroyo would exist on the map, also it seems that its completely pointless to place the game in between fallout 1 and 2, citing that it only lasts for a few years before fallout 2 kicks in and then kaboom there goes the whole argument. I believe its already 2239 in game, so its just leaving people with more questions. So my suggestion would be to remove the cathedral, pop arroyo in (because its an actual village where there could be more quests and such) and give people a truer fallout experince. just the cathedral existing draws to many questions as to whats supposed to be happening in the game world.
plasma nade your face off!

avv

Re: The cathedral/Arroyo
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 09:54:06 am »

Cathedral could be really removed, its existence serves little purpose. Reason why Arroyo might not be findable is because it is small village hidden in the mountains. So it's hard to find. Vault 13 could also not be show on the map because its location isn't that obvious either.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:04:43 am »

Vault 13 could also not be show on the map because its location isn't that obvious either.

Yeah, remember what the Chosen One went through to find it? ;)

@Topic starter: I remember asking Lexx about all this a long while back, I talked about Mariposa Military Base's doorway not being caved in (this is before the Chosen One reopened it with dynamite), the Cathedral still standing and numerous other inconsistencies. Basically, it's for variety; more places to visit, a larger wasteland to explore, not to mention that this is not final version so many things could change. The reason Arroyo is not implemented is because it would be a bit too much of an un-canon leap from the Fallout universe if numerous random guys would go there and kill the Elder 5 times a day. The game is unofficial so it doesn't really matter what the development team put in their canon, you should be glad it's not like Fallout 3 with Bethesda's canon - and that is official. :-\
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 12:01:32 pm »

To make it short (once again, because my last post wasn't covered by the backup):

- We are in the year 2238, Arroyo is no place where travellers meet every few hours.
- We are in the year 2238, Enclave is still there, but not very active yet. Mariposa has been opened by them and not yet closed again.
- Our Cathedral has never been destroyed. Mariposa was. Our timeline differs from the original one already since the beginning.

Dunno where you've read that Arroyo has been taken out "continuity problems". This is new to me.

Also - like I've said already many times - we are ignoring the ingame time in the moment very much. Time is running too fast and we can't work on new features, fix bugs and take care about ingame events in the same time. It's just not impossibe for such a small team. Also the game isn't in a state where this is useful.

and give people a truer fallout experince

This is a funny quote, because FOnline is a MMO and not a singleplayer game.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:06:19 pm by Lexx »

Reconite

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:40:14 pm »

Dunno where you've read that Arroyo has been taken out "continuity problems". This is new to me.
I'm 90% sure one of you guys told me that a long while ago. Maybe as a 'false excuse' or something. ::)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 04:06:48 pm »

I just disabled Arroyo short before open test started, because it made no real sense anyway. You can't get there anything, you can't talk to anyone.. it was just the bridge map, nothing else. In fact, it is still ingame, just not visible for players.

Reconite

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 05:23:27 pm »

In fact, it is still ingame, just not visible for players.
You think I don't know this? ;D

And I don't think this map should be visible to players in its current state at any time because of the broken borders on the edges. It doesn't fit the resolutions properly.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:09:07 pm »

Obsolete.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.