"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 03:20:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Give sniper rifle "scoped" weapon perk!  (Read 2053 times)

NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
Give sniper rifle "scoped" weapon perk!
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:54:54 pm »

Just like in topic. That's really silly that scoped hunting rifle is more accurate than sniper rifle :/ Also sniper rifle should have a penalty when attacking from short distance.

The other weapons with 'scoped' perk might me also: FN fall night sight, H&C G11E, XL70E3 and wel.. Bozar. Thise are optionally but sniper rifle MUST BE "SCOPED"!

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

avv

Re: Give sniper rifle "scoped" weapon perk!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 03:56:54 pm »

Also sniper rifle should have a penalty when attacking from short distance.

What kind of penalty? Accuracy penalty? Typical sniper builds got 220% sg which overpowers any penalties.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

NastyKhan

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »

The same penalty what scoped h. rifle has. Please not that there is nowhere written that only people with 250%+ can use scoped rifles.

For example i used to use both scoped rifle and sniper rifle, while i had 120-150%, and realized that sniper one is MUCH less accurate.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:04:34 pm by NastyKhan »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 04:10:32 pm »

You dont get it. Current sniper r. perk effect is that you need from 220 to 230 skill in SG (depends of sharpshooter and perception) if you want to have full range at 95 percent hit to eyes and brotherhood armor. Without or with another perk you will need cca 250 skill points. So at this moment, you need 6 int to create good sniper build.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 07:05:58 pm »

NastyKhan is right. Im sure it was proposed long time ago, but probably forgotten. The idea is reasonable because it spares you some skill points while penalizes you at close range. The catch is in how many skill points it saves - at 10 PE, its 32 SP, which is a lot if were talking about spending SP over 200%. To negate this, we would need to think up something that substracts about 20% to hit. Removing -20 AC from .223 FMJ comes to my mind, but that alters several weapons as well.

@avv - hes talking about close range penalty, that comes in hand with weapons having scoped range perk
@Lordus - Im not sure what youre talking about, but changing it from LR to SR will cap max % SG skill needed to about 200%

Yeah, and add firing animation from RP when firing from a rifle ^^
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:14:24 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 07:31:24 pm »

There are 3 types of weapons: Short Range, Long Range and Scoped. The only scoped weapon i know about is the "Scoped Hunting Rifle". Sniper Rifle is just Long Range.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:43 pm »

@Lordus - Im not sure what youre talking about, but changing it from LR to SR will cap max % SG skill needed to about 200%

i was not sure about which perk use the sniper rifle, so i presumed (wrongly), that after replacing current one with scoped perk, chars would finaly need more skill points..
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 09:20:41 pm »

The sniper animation is from Killap?

yes you need some penalty for short distance, but its not needed a bonus to long distance
You were critically hit in the head for 70 hit points, knocked out, knocked down, had your armor bypassed and were killed

NastyKhan

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 10:38:18 pm »

If so, then scoped h. rifle bonus should be removed as well. It's just nonsense if a hunting carbine is more accurate than a professional sniper rifle.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 12:06:44 am »

@Fidel

Could be Pixote as well.  He did a few cool animations like the mini flamer and longer flame animations.  I would check around NMA.

Also a second for the rifle animation.  It is so much more realistic, especially for snipers, that the character SHOULDER his rifle and fire it. 

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 07:03:23 am »

I agree, it would be good for balancing out long range against short range, by this i mean, it would balane critical/cripplers vs full damage junkies. explains:

as of now, besides mercenaries, aimshot builds are overpowered against every other build out there, with this, builds such as bursters builds would have a chance depending on their present placement and build since with a lower ability to-hit % they will be able to miss for once actually giving other builds a chance, excluding tank builds with 10end/6luk/stonewalll etc properly designed to withstand such overpunishment. but will not destroy because of the equal advantages given by this perk.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 01:38:28 pm »

There are 3 types of weapons: Short Range, Long Range and Scoped. The only scoped weapon i know about is the "Scoped Hunting Rifle". Sniper Rifle is just Long Range.

Huuummmm. No

In fact we are talking there about "weapon perks". Long Range perk make (PE-2)*16 instead of *8 in ToHit formula, and Scoped give *20 for ennemy at more than 5 hex (no bonus at all for ennemies closer).
Accurate perk (shotguns and miniguns have this one) add 20% at your ToHit. Some weapons have perks which don't affect ToHit, some have no perks at all.

Anyway, giving this perk to sniper would lower skill requirement for sniper build, so it's more a balancing problem. And right now I think sniper don't really need this boost.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 02:26:19 pm »

Many snipers (those with 6 int) currently have to spend all SPs into SG and have no DOC. BigGunners have all good DOC and FA. So i think that giving snipers ability to heal their crippled limb or eyes is fair.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

avv

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 02:43:32 pm »

@avv - hes talking about close range penalty, that comes in hand with weapons having scoped range perk

Ok, I know what the perk is like but is the penalty big enough to actually discourage short range shots? What's 220% sg eyeshot accuracy with scoped weapon from point blank?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 03:40:25 pm »

isn't the whole basis of the suggestion by khan that the scope attachment to a hunting rifle makes it a lot better at ranged shots but sacrifices the ability to use it effectively in a few hex range thus leading to the sniper rifle being a scoped weapon so why doesn't this occur as well?

Then again you could argue that it has been like this in FO2 so why change it...

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.