"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 05:22:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Energy Weapons Build  (Read 3886 times)

JmanDong

• Lord of Dongs
Energy Weapons Build
« on: December 25, 2010, 02:09:09 am »

Could someone construct a good Energy Weapons build for me please?
Re: Energy Weapons Build
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 09:25:27 am »

Here is a quick build I set up for you. But remember this is only an example. and there are superior builds out there. (that does not mean that this build is bad)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:23:56 am »

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 10:53:19 am »

Gotta say, i've been using EW builds alot, and i'd never use any of the two builds above.

Edit: hardly made myself to do this, as i never give out builds to anyone except friends, but http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2341/energysniper.png is what i used long ago. Screen is old and the build might need some re-checking for changes, but 6 ST is for carrying all possible weapons except gatling laser witouth penalty, PE10 as for a sniper, CH1 as for combat char. Now the most interesting part. It has 8 IN, cause it needs alot skill points, but theres one funky thing. You can tag science instead of doctor, and with the help of mentats, you'l be able to learn EW proffession rank 3. A pure combat build with nifty crafting capabilities. AG4 for 7APs wich is the exact ammount required for shooting a rifle aimed headshot (this needs confirmation. It definately worked back then, but i dont know about latest game changes). And stonewall has to be replaced with awarness.
Obviously, there are, and i have better combat builds, but i gave you this particular one because it works in combat real well, and also has lvl 3 crafting capabilities, if you change doc to sci.
Only cons are real slow firing rate (one headshot every 5 seconds) and low carry weight, wich kind of sucks for a crafter. Tho, not if you have friends.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 11:05:16 am by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 10:57:58 am »

Gotta say, i've been using EW builds alot, and i'd never use any of the two builds above.

It all depends on taste really. I gave an example for a one shot long distance EW sniper. I know 2 eye shot builds are superior. but as I mentioned its only an example. I would never use lagmasters build btw.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 11:06:59 am »

It all depends on taste really. I gave an example for a one shot long distance EW sniper. I know 2 eye shot builds are superior. but as I mentioned its only an example. I would never use lagmasters build btw.
Yeah, id rather use yours too than lagmaster's. It's... yeah.
See what i gave and feel free to do heavy critics on it.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 12:51:44 pm »

Edit: hardly made myself to do this, as i never give out builds to anyone except friends, but http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2341/energysniper.png is what i used long ago. Screen is old and the build might need some re-checking for changes, but 6 ST is for carrying all possible weapons except gatling laser witouth penalty, PE10 as for a sniper, CH1 as for combat char. Now the most interesting part. It has 8 IN, cause it needs alot skill points, but theres one funky thing. You can tag science instead of doctor, and with the help of mentats, you'l be able to learn EW proffession rank 3. A pure combat build with nifty crafting capabilities. AG4 for 7APs wich is the exact ammount required for shooting a rifle aimed headshot (this needs confirmation. It definately worked back then, but i dont know about latest game changes). And stonewall has to be replaced with awarness.
Obviously, there are, and i have better combat builds, but i gave you this particular one because it works in combat real well, and also has lvl 3 crafting capabilities, if you change doc to sci.
Only cons are real slow firing rate (one headshot every 5 seconds) and low carry weight, wich kind of sucks for a crafter. Tho, not if you have friends.

The build would work only if you kept stonewall. Since getting knocked down costs 3 ap.  8 int is nice. but 6 is enough. I don't really care about sharing builds myself. It gives people the chance to properly fight back if they have a good build. Many new people end up taking 7-8 str and sg or things like that. So they deserve that information. Either way the best method is to experiment. The best EW build i've seen is from RavenousRat. but I won't share that one.

This obviously is also the weakness of my own build. Getting knocked down means no turn. yes I could take 4 ag on my build. but as always its a matter of taste.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 01:35:56 pm »

my build is superion cuz i got 2x Toughfness

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 02:22:23 pm »

this is a build that I have seen in the forum, I dont use energysniper so I never tried , but I think may be good

Special 3 7 6 1 6 7 ( 8 with small frame) 10

small frame,

toughness  , more crit , better crit, lifegiver, weapon handling, Brof, action boy

with jet buffout , nuka and cigs you get perc 8 and 2 aimed shoot for round
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 03:00:00 pm »

my build is superion cuz i got 2x Toughfness

190% ew means that you aren't going to be able to shoot very far.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 03:28:42 pm »

190% ew means that you aren't going to be able to shoot very far.
i got more shot hits with 76 hit change than with 95(i more often miss at 95 than others)

+that was my pre-wipe build, this time i intend to have 200-210 EW skill
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 07:39:04 pm »

The build would work only if you kept stonewall. Since getting knocked down costs 3 ap.  8 int is nice. but 6 is enough. I don't really care about sharing builds myself. It gives people the chance to properly fight back if they have a good build. Many new people end up taking 7-8 str and sg or things like that. So they deserve that information. Either way the best method is to experiment. The best EW build i've seen is from RavenousRat. but I won't share that one.

This obviously is also the weakness of my own build. Getting knocked down means no turn. yes I could take 4 ag on my build. but as always its a matter of taste.
As a sniper, if played properly, you dont get knocked down much :). And yeah, 6 is enough, but as you said, 8 is nicer, and every SP you can get is nicer. But good points.

Also, lagmaster, your builds do suck. And toughness for snipers is waste of perks, only thing it helps for is lvling up, not in combat. Duh.
I give a fuck.

JmanDong

• Lord of Dongs
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »

Quentin I'm using a slightly modified version of your build. How would I go about leveling this character up?
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 11:26:16 pm »

Quentin I'm using a slightly modified version of your build. How would I go about leveling this character up?
It'd be more easy if you'd give me the chance to tell you all this on IRC.
If you dont have IRC yet, get it, its useful for FOnline.
See this link for more info - http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/IRC
If you do it all, and get on channel #2238, query me. Im +QLang there.
I give a fuck.

JmanDong

• Lord of Dongs
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 12:09:34 am »

It'd be more easy if you'd give me the chance to tell you all this on IRC.
If you dont have IRC yet, get it, its useful for FOnline.
See this link for more info - http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/IRC
If you do it all, and get on channel #2238, query me. Im +QLang there.
I would get in the IRC but I can't connec to the Forestnet server. It tells me I've been autokilled.

[18:08] -hollow.forestnet.org- *** You are not welcome on this network.
-
[18:08] -hollow.forestnet.org- *** autokilled for abuse (2010/12/26 02.07)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.