"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 09:19:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Should There Be more TC south and if so which ones?

Junktown
Necropolis
Adytum
None
All 3
Other (post a reply)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TC down south  (Read 2524 times)

pocketlint60

• Velocirapture?
TC down south
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »

I noticed that there are no controllable town in any fallout 1 locations (junktown, boneyard, etc.) Was this on purpose? According to the timeline on the wiki, Junktown isn't part of NCR yet, so it could still be controlled.
Fallout Logic: If you have a Twig and your enemy has a Minigun, You can still win if you've practiced swinging stuff for a long time.

headshot

• Killian
Re: TC down south
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:59:16 pm »

Shouldn't be this topic in Suggestions?

And there's no need to TC guarded cities imho.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:43 pm »

So we need an unguarded city in the south.
Maybe Necropolis could be TCd?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:25 pm »

aren't all the town in the south controlled by NCR, except for Necopolis?
Moderator removed my signature :(

pocketlint60

• Velocirapture?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:27:12 pm »

according to the Fonline wiki and I quote:
"Later on : 2239-2242

* 2241: Junktown becomes a part of the NCR state.
    * 2241: Fallout 2 begins.
    * 2242: Vault 13 is opened and attacked by the Enclave. Later, Fallout 2 ends. "

and since FOnline: 2238 takes place in 2238 (who knew) the town could become unguarded if the devs wished
Fallout Logic: If you have a Twig and your enemy has a Minigun, You can still win if you've practiced swinging stuff for a long time.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 10:10:46 am »

Necropolis is the final place for Abandoned Bunker Quest. Excepting trading and getting Robes from CoC, and one quest, there's no activities for Necropolis.

If I have to choose one, my choice is Adytum. Since Vault Dweller helped the Blades to wipe the Regulators out of the Boneyard, I'm suprised the're in full power again. If gang could control the town then... i mean it could happen again.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 10:14:07 am »

I believe there is no need to render another town a pvp playground.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 10:30:11 am »

I dont think that there should exist TC town for all time, but new city for TC would be refreshing :)

But i miss in 2238 something like Cathedral "mode" on TLA. There you have to come to Cathedral, call for support from Brotherhood or Enclave and after half of hour, car with some random equip (but even good one) will arrive. You dont need to stay there, but you it is better or someone else will stole your stuff. There is not major beacon, that will alert all horde in wasteland, so you can often challenge only few peple, often more.. This could be created in some distant places, distant from TC cities, so even small tiny factions could enjoy their portion of fun. (and i think that you can call support even if you are not in any faction).
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:25:51 pm »

If I have to choose one, my choice is Adytum. Since Vault Dweller helped the Blades to wipe the Regulators out of the Boneyard, I'm suprised the're in full power again. If gang could control the town then... i mean it could happen again.

I don't think the Vault Dweller helped the Blades in 2238 timeline. If I am right, it would be interesting to know why. After all, if NCR was created, it seems the Vault Dweller was good. I would love to read a bit more about 2238 background, but I have been told that nothing has been established yet.

Less important: helping the Blades was probably my favourite quest in Fallout 1. I even tried to change stuff so more Adytum citizens could survive (say, before starting the fight, stealing ammo from Regulators, giving weapons to citizens via Steal, etc.)

avv

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 08:29:37 pm »

South is pretty much controlled by ncr. No idea about necropolis but there's nothing but ruins there.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 08:49:07 pm »

South is pretty much controlled by ncr. No idea about necropolis but there's nothing but ruins there.
i am quessing that in the ruins there are the best battles

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 08:56:36 pm »

i am quessing that in the ruins there are the best battles

Yeah the battles might be great, but realistically, what would you fight over?

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 10:29:58 pm »

According to Fallout Bible No. 0

2162 May 10 Fallout 1 Ends: Vault Dweller returns to Vault 13, only to be told "you're a hero, and you have to leave." Some members of the Vault (led by Lydia, the head of the "return to the surface" faction, and including her supporters, Theresa and Lyle) follow soon afterwards.

Harold arrives in Gecko, and (with a lot of shaking of his head) he does his best to help the ghouls with the running of the Nuclear Power Plant

Source: Here[/quote]

In theory, the Regulators had enought time to back into full powe, but who said the Vault Dweller helped the Blades...
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:00 pm »

Yeah the battles might be great, but realistically, what would you fight over?
Waterpump? Vault 12? Even Master wanted that. ;)

spike allen

• C88 cannon fodder
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 12:26:11 am »

Master had stealth boys:) Nice reason to fight over:)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 2.991 seconds with 25 queries.