"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 04:11:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Multiple bases for each Faction  (Read 2951 times)

Multiple bases for each Faction
« on: December 22, 2010, 09:51:49 am »

Personally I believe that each faction should be able to have multiple bases.
The reason I believe that -
Because larger factions create alternate characters to get a new base and use up a new faction name. 
Some pals and I wanted to create a faction and it took us about 7 tries through faction names - We even tried some of the really silly ones.  Its something the players easily get around and it makes it harder for new factions to pick a name they like, so I think with the next wipe this should be implemented.
The only thing that might take a little time is adding a "Which faction members can see this base" option in the terminal - and have it accessible only by the leaders and the highly respected players. 

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Multiple bases for each Faction
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:18:18 am »

I already suggested something like this while ago..
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=11907.0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:58:43 am »

My apologizes, never saw that.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »

My apologizes, never saw that.
More action with "Search" button and you be alright.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:25:09 pm »

Sius suggested it first.

Nonetheless, I agree. Faction terminal is already a pain to organize, it doesn't help having to add a bunch of names just so that people can see multiple bases, each faction should be able to own multiple bases and use the same terminal.

Suggestions I can add to this idea:
  • If this were to be implemented, a feature on the terminal should be added, limiting/allowing each member to see certain bases.
This would so that if new-recruit Jimmy just joined, the leaders of the faction wouldn't want him to have access to the 10000 guns and armors that they have, but they would still want them to be able to participate in faction activities such as Town Control. Therefore, they allow him to still be a member of the faction, but only be able to see the cave base of the faction, until they can trust Jimmy.

• Another point would be that if two separate factions both bought two different bases, and then, later, became an alliance, they should be able to change the leadership of the base to one faction.
This would allow two bases that originally weren't part of the same faction to become joined, to limit the annoyance of adding everyone as "Friends", and so they can both compete in same faction activities.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:27:01 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

Sius suggested it first.

Nonetheless, I agree. Faction terminal is already a pain to organize, it doesn't help having to add a bunch of names just so that people can see multiple bases, each faction should be able to own multiple bases and use the same terminal.

• If this were to be implemented, a feature on the terminal should be added, limiting/allowing each member to see certain bases.
This would so that if new-recruit Jimmy just joined, the leaders of the faction wouldn't want him to have access to the 10000 guns and armors that they have, but they would still want them to be able to participate in faction activities such as Town Control. Therefore, they allow him to still be a member of the faction, but only be able to see the cave base of the faction, until they can trust Jimmy.

• Another point would be that if two separate factions both bought two different bases, and then, later, became an alliance, they should be able to change the leadership of the base to one faction.
This would allow two bases that originally weren't part of the same faction to become joined, to limit the annoyance of adding everyone as "Friends", and so they can both compete in same faction activities.

With that and possibility to choose your base location, this pain-in-the-ass system would finally become great!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 02:03:43 am »

Sius suggested it first.

I second that, and I doubt any gang would disagree

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 07:57:32 pm »

I have a suggestion based on this idea.  
Well, there's a few reasons gangs have multiple bases.
One reason I know we have a certain base is for the recruits.  Most gangs want a seperate base for recruits, until they can trust them enough to promote them to another base.  Well here's my idea:
Gang Ranks have Recruit inserted before New Member.  New Member and up can access the interior of bases, but anyone labeled Recruit or just a Friend of the gang cannot get inside and only has access to the outside.  This could function much like a hotel room in game.
Here's my idea of a base that would work with this (of course I just mashed two bases together):

The outside tents are for the recruits.  You can see they have access to the workbench.  But the normal door to the workbench area and the main gate would be locked for them.  They also have a still and a little storage.  It's a mini-base inside a base, and all the good stuff would be locked away for trusted members!

It's just an idea, and that 5 minute copy and paste there was just an example.
But this would be great for organizing a recruit base and main base together.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:00:44 pm by TheGreenHand »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 10:19:01 pm »

this has been suggested tons of times but still  i really love it and also makes it so we dont run out of faction names of quick. :)
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 10:52:55 pm »

More than 1 base per faction is really needed with all these guys joining factions just to loot all and leave
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:46 am »

Greenhand idea with closed doors and joint workbench is really cool and not such hard to implement. I say: yes! ;D Shame I have no power to turn it alive.. :(

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 12:50:26 am »

Might make it into the game some day. But I don't think it can / will be done with every base.
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:28 am »

Might make it into the game some day. But I don't think it can / will be done with every base.

Maybe making so you can have 1 base of your choice, and the lowest one as an extra?

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 02:33:34 am »

I am here to add the weight of my ass to this thread.
Yes, having multiple bases is real cool. Do it. Or I will break Mr. Nixon into shambles right in front of Curtis.
The details must be detailed very detailledly.
Didn't, got killed.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:46 am »

I feel like maybe I should have opened a new thread, but I didn't want to clutter the forum.  All the comments are regarding the first topic.
What about the recruit base fused with the main base?

P.S., Moderators, do you want to move this to a new thread?  I guess it doesn't really matter.

I have a suggestion based on this idea.  
Well, there's a few reasons gangs have multiple bases.
One reason I know we have a certain base is for the recruits.  Most gangs want a seperate base for recruits, until they can trust them enough to promote them to another base.  Well here's my idea:
Gang Ranks have Recruit inserted before New Member.  New Member and up can access the interior of bases, but anyone labeled Recruit or just a Friend of the gang cannot get inside and only has access to the outside.  This could function much like a hotel room in game.
Here's my idea of a base that would work with this (of course I just mashed two bases together):

The outside tents are for the recruits.  You can see they have access to the workbench.  But the normal door to the workbench area and the main gate would be locked for them.  They also have a still and a little storage.  It's a mini-base inside a base, and all the good stuff would be locked away for trusted members!

It's just an idea, and that 5 minute copy and paste there was just an example.
But this would be great for organizing a recruit base and main base together.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.