"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:11:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Remove Mercs' Autoshoot Option  (Read 3590 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: Remove Mercs' Autoshoot Option
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 12:43:40 am »

It is an interesting suggestion, but I fear that with the current speed of critter movement it would be very hard to hit the enemy with the merc menu. Maybe making alt+click on critter without the dropdown menue...

maybe mouse middle button?
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:36 am »

I just want to add this before I log out.

Out of the two options I suggested - give aimbot access to all vs. remove aimbot access from all, I prefer the second one.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 12:58:51 am »

maybe mouse middle button?

Maybe, but I believe a better solution would be something like hold button xy on keyboard plus the buttons 1,2,3 etc. to give merc 1,2 or 3 option to do this or that. Ofcourse just a thrown in quick suggestion, as it takes effort of our scripters. :)
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 07:25:25 am »

Okay how about this yoz, what happens when you get blinded, cant see anything at all, the mercs sit there and get raped? Funny. I don't mind surf's suggestion about there not being a drop down menu but if your going to gimp mercs so much we should at least get the option to tell them what to aim for. Of course then some non merc leader is going to complain about being blinded by mercs even though percentage wise theres a less chance to get blinded by a group of 5 mercs than a sniper.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 08:19:11 am »

If you get blinded then it is more difficult for you to attack. That is already the case for every other build.

Even if a merc leader gets blinded though, he would only have to see the target to attack it. If any other build gets blinded, he still has to hit the target to attack it. Which one is more difficult to do while blinded?

Merc leaders would suffer smaller penalties of being blinded.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 09:54:26 am »

smaller penalties? few merc builds can take on another player 1v1, and considering the 100+k investment into mercs you being blind shouldnt stop them from being attacking, how is it less of a penalty? Go play a merc build and whenever you get blind make sure to continually click stop all actions on mercs and see how well you do since if you can't see the enemy the mercs shouldnt attack him. right?

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 10:22:53 am »

I don't really give a damn about these mutants and the poor players that need to pay so much caps to auto-kill others on the grid. Caps are hard to get if you don't have a TC gang, but if you have then paying half a milion for mercs is nothing.

Anyway... The simple solution is to let mercs auto shoot in a base or tent and in SOME parts of TC towns ( like 30hex away from the exit). For other places the player would need to alt-click (not on a target, anywhere, on himself, on the merc, on the terrain, etc) and select something like 'Kill'em all!' and only then the mercs start shooting at players.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 12:27:14 pm »

Problems:

1) immediate teleport to busiest part of every map (entrances)
 2) no latency between command to enter city and action
 3) inadequate damage: 5 (mutants) x 2 (shots until they die) x 75 (average dmg per one rocket) = cca 750 dmg (+ knockdowns, cripling) on very long range (i.e., in Redding, if enemy is caping right bottom corner, under the sherrif, the place from south to downtown is death zone, because you cannot hide anywhere and they can kill you immediately.. not fiction, it is fact).
 4) mutants are cheap and every era there was some bug so huge gangs could buy them without any limitation
 5) you can use them from second computer and dont need focus to that char
 6) zero prevention agaisnt supermutant leaders waiting over map
 7) almost zero defence agaisnt mutants immediately spawned at city entrances, becauce you cannot aim their leader in the group (he is surrounded by mutants and there is not free pixel you can hit)
 8) bad defence because even Scope is best you can use, FOCD granted real time switching aiming zones and PvP players in 90 percent resign to clicking to other zone, because if enemy are using FOCD kind of aiming, you dont have time to do nonsense mouse moves across your monitor

If any solution will not solve all those problems, it wont help. Even one supermutant teleported into grup of enemy does serious damage and evades focus, .. and you can always use them four or five from second computers...
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 10:05:47 pm »

Before  any nerfing. I think we should wait till next wipe either way. I heard mentioning where different mercs will take a different amount of follower slots. That will probally be the best solution. Also a short delay on mercs attacking (like 1 second) is enough to simulate players who click on you. If you get killed because a bunch of muties spawn at the entrance of a town. Then you should stop camping there.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:02 pm »

If you get killed because a bunch of muties spawn at the entrance of a town. Then you should stop camping there.

in another topic about merc builds the player wasn't camping. they spawned in town and a merc leader spawned right behind him. they could have been camping the world map or not. you obviously don't have to be camping. you just basically die without a chance for reaction, because the mercs are programmed to insta-shoot. i agree a pause of a second or two would help. it would also fix the bug where the game freezes during loading from being shot when entering a location.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 11:24:46 am »

To sum it up...

Balance the access to aimbotting by removing it for everyone.

Compensate merc leaders according to this http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12086.msg99603#msg99603

Implement an "attack whoever I attack" option, which will make mercs attack whoever the leader clicks on with the "A" cursor.

Enable autoshooting in bases only for guarding purposes.

avv

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 12:19:02 pm »

Yoz what's the difference between mercs autoshooting and a player with super fast reflexes and aim?

Honestly one big problem is that the mercs almost always hit. We got accuracy modifiers but because of imba high skill% (even mercs) the chance is often 95%.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 01:13:56 pm »

Yoz what's the difference between mercs autoshooting and a player with super fast reflexes and aim?

Bigger than you seem to think...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:03 pm »

1MERC per ALT, no more !!!
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 04:42:11 pm »

Hmm.. i think that autoshoot option could only work in Bases/tents while they guard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.