"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 10:56:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Slaves ?  (Read 4720 times)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Slaves ?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

I think that slave trade could really be increased in NPC factions like the Slavers, and that there should be much higher global limits for slaves, and that these global limits be separated from overpowered mutants and such. Having more "slave trade" activities sounds fine.

If you join the Rangers, it could be that you try to free the slaves in "slaver" encounters. If you are a slaver, there should be high global limits as to the number of slaves you can keep, and there should be different options of rewards for selling enslaved NPCs. Reputation too, but reputation should have an actual use towards the faction (but that's already planned in the future NPC faction updates, afaik).

There could be quests in Rangers faction that have you go to random-dot encounters on the world map that have slaver camps in ranging difficultly, depending on how much reward you want. Also, lockpick could be useful because you can get more reward if you are able to break into more slave pens.

And if you are a slaver, you can try to break into a Ranger base as a quest. Again, more guards = more reward. Speech skill might be useful in persuading or otherwise bribing a Ranger (or if you are part of Rangers, a slaver) to give away information/caps.

The 5-per-group of slaves is fine, but global limits for the slaves needs to be increased a lot. Pre-march wipe, it was fun collecting slaves. Now you can only have 5 weak slaves. Slaves aren't even used in PvP almost at all; it's all mercenaries and mutants. A large boost to global limits on slaves could help a lot, and not just for combat purposes. The thing I stress is that this global lmiit should be separated from mutants/mercs.

More options in the slave trade could make slaving/anti-slaving a lot more exciting and useful.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:32:07 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 23 queries.