"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:42:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Random encounter Deaths  (Read 1298 times)

Random encounter Deaths
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:39:03 am »

Was traveling to hub from bone-yard with alot of loot,encountered centaurs vs masters, stuck around so I could loot centaurs (one followed me though) next thing I know I'm blown to smithereens in crossfire from a rocket launcher thereby loosing everything.

Wish a change to make critters smarter. for example: not yelling to back off when you're trying to find resources,killing you if you touch corpses,giving one second warnings when you approach a bank to disarm then firing at you...Ect.)

Any experienced player willing to give me tips on basically surviving / the best starting towns?
Or will I have to revert to stealing Lol.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:51:54 am by Butcher Pete »

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
Re: Npc/Critter Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 12:52:56 am »

I usually go to south and I do some quest to get level and bonus , then I go to Vault City. Dont stay too near the city to avoid lazy pk, play in real time, don t stay too much in encounter...

Vault City prevail citizien

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Npc/Critter Intelligence
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:56:38 am »

Not sure why'd you want to loot a centaur, but that's why the Remnants killed you;
you tried to loot a dead corpse during combat, even if it didn't have anything in it, and that makes them be hostile.

And for good reason so that people can't just go around looting every Vs. encounter they get (though it is very ineffective in big encounters, since you can just loot the corpses after combat ends).

A good starting city would be Vault City, much less people than NCR. Chances are you won't get randomly bursted or encounter another player every 5 minutes. And since you love looting at battles, there are lots of good "Vault City Patrol vs Ghoul Crazies/Strong Slavers" so that you can get a loot (wait after the battle ends, of course). Just make sure you stay far away from the ghouls because they are good sharpshooters.  ;)

And there are tons of brahmins near Modoc, so you can get your 10 hides, then make a tent near VC.

Try getting a gun from the Ghouls, and then kill brahmins in real-time because they move a little bit slower than you, so you can charge your AP, shoot, run, charge AP... kill brahmin.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:58:36 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Re: Random encounter Deaths
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:07:41 am »

not yelling to back off when you're trying to find resources

If it's right next to them, don't touch it and leave.

killing you if you touch corpses

Let them loot first.

After you die a few times in the Bank, you'll get used to it :P

In my opinion, NCR is a good town to start. Brahmin Shoveling, Resourses nearby, NCR army vs Remnaunts...
BUT, there are Bursters, Theives... ect ect and hides would be a problem...
  But if you don't like NCR, you can always try the Hub. (probably the best place)

NCR prevails, Wastelander.
Everything must change.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:38:31 am »

Sorry for not making myself clear....Ive had enough deaths from looting without waiting to realize not to do so in combat,
I stayed for centaurs because npcs dont loot animals,however a centaur was following me , so I ran around the masters army only to be shot by a bazooka killing both me and the centaur, and now recently was killed again with a flamer (the spread) since remnants don't shoot animals unless they pause and the animals following me only pause for a attack.

However vault city sounds like a good place without the misfirings but they loot practically everything they kill (my experience)..

About real time combat,I use It all the time Probably due to me not knowing how to switch modes,and that I find it much faster.

A player/pker tryed entering the area I was located in, However he was shot by the caravan guards that told ME to back off,once he spawned.

Also Thanks for the advice honest about the starting area,Vault city really was a downer for me because It was too far away from gunrunner guard,But It is a excellent choice in Camp position later on ;)

Edit: I didn't know centaurs had no loot LOL
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:46:13 am by Butcher Pete »
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 02:04:41 am »

A player/pker tryed entering the area I was located in, However he was shot by the caravan guards that told ME to back off,once he spawned

He must have bad rep with them.
Everything must change.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:36:21 am »

even with vc patrols vs raiders/crazies/scavs/ghoul scavs/slavers/and the list goes on with any combination of these and more... you need to keep your distance since they do burst as well but at the very least you are safe from rockets  8) unless of course its from a pk.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 04:14:19 am »

I'm pretty sure centaurs don't drop any loot.  So, unless you wait around to try to finish off a centaur for xp, or see if a mutie dies and loot him, it's pointless to wait to loot centaurs.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.