"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 16, 2024, 03:14:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merc leader/slaver gameplay  (Read 1050 times)

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
Merc leader/slaver gameplay
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:10:02 pm »

This time i will not be about nerfing mercs and evil mutant traps.

Right now, if you play rt/tb and order your followers to do something [go there/run/attack] that means ALL of them will do this - and this causes many problems if you use your merc to any other things that killing players... I would like to know is there a chance to create a hotkeys [like 1,2,3,4,5] to order only 1st slot, second slot etc merc to do something? Right now there is a system, that uses skills that way.
So... if we implate a button like "L" or something that would allow us to switch between skill shortcuts and merc shortcuts i think it would greatly increase a gameplay for merc leaders in tb.

Just for your information, there are a players whos merc leader characters really do something, not just camp and wait for your precious things with 5 mutants....
thx for your attention.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Re: Merc leader/slaver gameplay
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »

Good idea. Another way to make 5 merc useful in TB combat - is to give time for each merc turn. Lets say - merc gets his turn, wait 30 sec for you order. During this 30 secs you may give an order and press end turn button. If you dont give order and press end turn button, mercs do something on their own.
This could add a lot of fun and tactics when using a merc squad.
Because as it is now - 5 mercs in TB is useless. Other then camp and grind in RT, wich has no tactics at all.

avv

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 05:07:41 pm »

Some sort of advanced command menu for mercs is really necessary. It's very tricky when there comes a need to command only one merc at a time.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 05:53:12 pm »

This would also help with positioning mercenaries in a camp or gaurd tent/base,  because as it is now, we have to fucking piss around so much to move them into correct positions it makes you wanna cry.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:49:01 pm »

Man read it http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12086.0

We should remove merc powers/leader alts.
Nie ma opierdalania się! - Hardkorowy Koksu.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Hmmmm not bad idea but it needed some fixs.

I think mercs are not powerful so devs can make this system for controling.

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »

Man read it http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12086.0

We should remove merc powers/leader alts.

If it comes to balancing characters power output, dev's will find the way. My suggestion says what, I do, thik would be usefull for gameplay. So please, do not place such shit next time, just becouse you go with the "flow".
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.