"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 16, 2024, 12:33:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to level up quickly  (Read 2119 times)

How to level up quickly
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:33:16 am »

I couldn't find a thread that had this subject, so I made my own.

Anyway, how do you level up quickly? I've been playing for about a week now and am only level 3.
I am the shadow of the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright!-The Nightmare before Christmas

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: How to level up quickly
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:39:57 am »

Once you get to level 9 you should be fine, try just killing a bunch of scorpions n shit till then :/.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:40:53 am »

I got in 2 days to lvl 6, but well... i'm maybe played much more than you.
Anyway there is some good tips.

1. Weak Healing Powder (x1 Xander Root or x1 Broc Flower, can be found from encounters anywhere)
- You got 8exp per powder.

2. BBs (x4 junk, can be found from urban maps. Near v15 for example)
- You got 40exp per BBs.

3. There also should be friends in wasteland. Killing enemies in wasteland is more fun with friends.

4. If you weapons are too much damaged then you can disassemble them by using Science to weapon.
- 20exp per weapon and also sometimes you can got junk, metal parts and other stuff..

5. Quests (You need atleast 3CH)
- You can use this site to check quests http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Quests

I hope this help bit :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:42:27 am by runboy93 »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:24:21 am »

5. Quests (You need atleast 3CH)

From where this 3CH comes from? There are quests for 1CH too... :-X
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:46:29 am »

best trick to level up really fast. gather scrap metal. everything else is a waste to your gather cooldown. turn scrap metal into bbs or brass knuckles, then take all those to a general store in a safe town. trade it all for 9mm mouser pistols/ammo.

max gather cooldown on scrap metal and convert it all to bbs = 200 or so exp. then sell it. now you have 22 minutes to burn.

you can get 20+ mousers from selling. then use each mouser until it breaks or just disassemble them all. each mouser is 20 exp, and you can find them in most stores in mass amounts. buy ones that are 99% broken for 15 caps or so. 20 mousers broken down = 400 exp

use unbroken mouser 9mm pistol on rats. 25 exp each and usually just 1 shot 1 kill. rats come in small numbers if you are close to guarded towns. do this to burn the rest of the 22 minutes.

continue a cycle of gathering scrap, fixing scrap into bbs, sell scrap for mass broken pistols, use broken pistols to kill rats until cooldown runs out. repeat. do it right and you can level fast. ive leveled a character to 21 in less than 3 days.

Edit: you can also cheaply camp some encounters and let enemies fight it out. wait until one is knocked out or low in hp and snipe him to steal the kill and exp. masters army vs those mutated things. let them fight each other then kill steal one of the mutated things for 1000 exp each. pick a side and stick to it. dont shoot both sides fighting it out or they may come after you.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:56:03 am by Vertex »

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 07:17:14 am »

you know...

now im pretty sure that "search" button, might be bigger... jumm

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5767.0

check that thread :P! and good luck
Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 11:44:50 am »

From where this 3CH comes from? There are quests for 1CH too... :-X
Yeah, but better quests need 3CH.
And plus for of course you can talk for shopkeepers :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:01:14 pm by runboy93 »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 02:05:04 pm »

a super power builder with no life can level to level 21 in 3 hours(i think you need some friends too)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 02:47:11 pm »

a super power builder with no life can level to level 21 in 3 hours(i think you need some friends too)
If he takes only 3 hours per day for playing, that doesn't mean he is a no-life?
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 03:05:31 pm »

I resent the no life comment.

And thank you for all your help.
I am the shadow of the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright!-The Nightmare before Christmas
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:15:37 pm »

If he takes only 3 hours per day for playing, that doesn't mean he is a no-life?

sounds like he's been misinterpreted here??
I feel that he's merely remarking that it would be possible to get from 1 to 21 in 3hours but if you did do that then it would be concerning.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 09:00:11 pm »

Heres the tale of a bluesuit -

I'm a vet since FO1, I've played everyiything from FO1 to FNV, also spent a heck of a lotta time modding FO2, FO3, FNV - so I'm as well equipped as a noob could be here, right? I've also read the FOnline wiki pretty extensively.

Well, here's my FOnline experience - anyone in armour better than leather jacket will shoot you on sight, anyone else with a name containing concepts of killing, weapons, penis's, pwnage or the like will also. I've been traveling the wilderness near safe towns, trying to kill rats etc. with a group of noobs (Im a high cha type, can carry a big team). Usually, a Pk drops into our rat killing session, and even when we chat friendly to them, they o so predictably backshoot ya for your pathetic treasure, or just the fun of it. When you ask why are they doing this, they give advice like "run next time". Hah! Often, when the wilderness map loads, you're already dead from PKers, you didnt even get to watch your own death! A noob wearing any armour just increases the likelyhood of attack.

My most memorable session was when a bigger chracter tried to help us. On a wilderness map, he gave us all leather jackets and pistols, and before we could even thank him some guy with a minigun appeared and mowed us down - the helper yelled at minigun "hey you asshole I just helped them!" - not that it did any good at that point.

Anyhoo, after about 100 hours of play, its time to call it a day. Obviously, only those who've played for several "seasons" are gonna get anywhere with this game - so FOnline permanant client membership will have limits based on that. Its a real shame too, Ive been hoping something like this would get developed for nearly 20 years. But.. i got here too late by the looks of things.

JovankaB

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 12:01:34 am »

Obviously, only those who've played for several "seasons" are gonna get anywhere with this game - so FOnline permanant client membership will have limits based on that. Its a real shame too, Ive been hoping something like this would get developed for nearly 20 years. But.. i got here too late by the looks of things.

To be honest you can't really get anywhere with FOnline at this moment. There isn't really that much to experience, and after a short time all that is left is a team shooter or a farming game. It doesn't mean it can't be addictive, but it has very little to do with role playing games. I suppose it's a problem with whole MMORPG genre, I didn't play other MMOs but from what I saw and read this genre is mostly about hoarding items, doing really dumb repetitive quests or mindless killing. Sure you can try to organize some events and stuff, but because FOnline is openly PvP with no system of real consequences of your good/bad actions, it's a constant struggle with people who act like retarded apes on crack. I'm all for sandbox gameplay, but there isn't really that much sand in this box to play with in a creative way.

To stay on topic: in the long run you can get a lot of XP with outdoorsman, I usually put all early skill points in outdoorsman and take survivalist until I get something like 150 or even more. It will also make you survive travels a lot more.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:26:53 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 04:41:38 am »

All but 1 of my characters have 1 CH so I don't do quests. The fastest way I level is pick a weapon and level in the region where you can find its ammo so it's a never ending cycle.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 01:33:11 pm »

Get a inexpensive merc and hurt them some (but not too much!) and proceed to practice your finely tuned medical skills for massive xp every couple minutes or so.
power
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 25 queries.