"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 04:42:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is it possible to asign a key to lockpicked car?  (Read 954 times)

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Is it possible to asign a key to lockpicked car?
« on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:01 am »

Hello everybody.

Here, what I found on wiki.

When you successfully open a car(avan) with any key in active slot, key will be assigned to this car(avan).

I lock-picked my car and try to assign a key to it. To make sure it is locked. But seems I can't do that.  Does it work or no?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Is it possible to asign a key to lockpicked car?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:53 pm »

Seems like it isn't possible right now, but it is just a bug: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=8988.0
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:20:18 am »

Abe, that topic is outdated.  When you lockpick a car now, it remains unlocked.  Same with the trunk, but you have to lockpick that separately.
Also, as far as I know, you can't relock a car.  However, when you are able to, I believe you will have to probably use a lock on the car instead of a key.  You'd get a new key with the lock, like locking a locker.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »

It isn't 'outdated', nothing changed, still can't use lockpick to assign a new key, just like how it's been all session. You used to be able to relock the car with by assigning a key pre-wipe, as far as I remember.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:15:42 am »

Thanks for your replies. Good if locking car again will be implemented.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14:03 pm »

When that linked topic was posted, you had to use lockpick every time you wanted to go somewhere in your stolen car.  Now you don't need to, the car remains unlocked.

Pre-wipe, you had to lockpick the car with a key in your hand and that key became the new key for the car.  This is no longer so.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 23 queries.