"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:19:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Continue surviving in the wasteland.  (Read 2603 times)

Continue surviving in the wasteland.
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »

Hi, as I'm new in this game, I've made some progress already and I want some advices. I have a tent, armorer and gunsmith(sm guns) 1 lvls, my level is 10.I'd like to ask where can I find encounters where I can make some caps + XP in the easiest way possible cause I want to upgrade my gunsmith to lvl 2. Maybe there are other, more effective, ways of gathering caps faster? And one last question: what's the level cap in this game?

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
Re: Continue surviving in the wasteland.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 03:40:47 pm »

Hi , level cap is 21. to get xp + caps there are many ways, but they all depend on your character style. I know i like to hunt ennemies likes leather armored raiders south east of NCR, some people like to go north with a bunch of mercs or slaves to farm loot industrial fashion :)

i heard of people selling spears to someone in junktown i believe, which seems like a good idea.

Then when you manage to gather some decent loot, you can sell it for caps at merchants anywhere. I go to Jacob in old town Hub for energy weapons, Gunrunners for the rest...

good luck :)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:55:19 pm »

Hi , level cap is 21. to get xp + caps there are many ways, but they all depend on your character style. I know i like to hunt ennemies likes leather armored raiders south east of NCR, some people like to go north with a bunch of mercs or slaves to farm loot industrial fashion :)

i heard of people selling spears to someone in junktown i believe, which seems like a good idea.

Then when you manage to gather some decent loot, you can sell it for caps at merchants anywhere. I go to Jacob in old town Hub for energy weapons, Gunrunners for the rest...

good luck :)
Well, I can't seem to find merchants that would have caps on them. Gunrunners? Jacob? Maybe they exchange weapons to caps there or what?

Lacan

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 04:10:32 pm »

gunrunners and jacob are standard merchants, respectively in Hub and Boneyard.

Then you can try the spear trick, but you'll have to find oout more about that on your own...
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 04:15:19 pm »

Well if you mentioned about gunrunners and jacob, maybe they have caps on them oftenly?P.S Just found a trader in VC who had 1.6k caps but his barter was so high he offered me abou 100 caps for my grease gun...

Lacan

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 04:37:43 pm »

ha then you havent foudn out about specific feature of trading.

merchants buy one or two types of stuff for full price, and use your barter skill for the rest. For example, Gunrunners in Boneyard buy all small guns for their full price, regardless of your skill. they will argue on radios though!

Some merchants buuy drugs, or armors like that. That's how you survive with 24% barter skill :) Sha Enin in NCR is famous for buyiung radios full prics (something like 300 caps), thus bringing a good income of low level armors to the persitent players.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 04:50:11 pm »

Oh, thanks for the info.As I have read a bit and found out that all traders have their caps respawn time.How long is it? Approx if it's not concrete.

Lacan

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 04:56:38 pm »

People talk about a 6-hour cycle, but its hard to know for sure. it IS easier to find caps in unguarded towns, and it is easier to find em during night hours, when there are few players online.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 05:20:23 pm »

Ok thanks :)

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »

I'm surprised this link wasn't shared yet:
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Merchants

Wiki is your friend.

Lacan

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:08 pm »

I'm surprised this link wasn't shared yet:
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Merchants

Wiki is your friend.

awesome ;) good job wiki writers.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 08:24:06 pm »

The best way to get loot and level fast is to go to the Boneyard and enter anywhere in the city area. You will find a lot of Junk. With 4 pieces of Junk you will be able to craft 50 BB's (press F to open Fixboy). Each time you craft 50 BB's you get 40xp so it helps you with your early levelling too.

After you got like 400 or 500 BB's, go to Adytum, find Jargo, and trade the BB's for a light armor (Combat Leather Jacket or Leather Armor MK II), a gun (this dude usually has some 10mm SMGs) and some bullets.

If you happen to find 10mm bullets and SMGs, go for it! most of the time the guns will be deteriorated but you can wander around the Boneyard area and try to kill Regulators in random encounters for more SMGs and 10mm rounds. They aren't very strong, but if you are low level, attack them only if there's only one or two Regulators in that enc.

If you have a relatively good Small Guns skill (around 100) try to kill the 50 hp Deathclaws in the Warehouse. You can kill one with only one burst of your 10mm SMG and they give you 250 xp each. I have a character with only 90hp who can easily kill them with a crappy Shotgun.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 09:43:37 pm »

The most safe spot to collect junk is in San Francisco.
There's a urban area spot completely devoid of random encounters, but you'll have to find it on your own.
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 06:05:25 pm »

The best way to get loot and level fast is to go to the Boneyard and enter anywhere in the city area. You will find a lot of Junk. With 4 pieces of Junk you will be able to craft 50 BB's (press F to open Fixboy). Each time you craft 50 BB's you get 40xp so it helps you with your early levelling too.

After you got like 400 or 500 BB's, go to Adytum, find Jargo, and trade the BB's for a light armor (Combat Leather Jacket or Leather Armor MK II), a gun (this dude usually has some 10mm SMGs) and some bullets.

If you happen to find 10mm bullets and SMGs, go for it! most of the time the guns will be deteriorated but you can wander around the Boneyard area and try to kill Regulators in random encounters for more SMGs and 10mm rounds. They aren't very strong, but if you are low level, attack them only if there's only one or two Regulators in that enc.

If you have a relatively good Small Guns skill (around 100) try to kill the 50 hp Deathclaws in the Warehouse. You can kill one with only one burst of your 10mm SMG and they give you 250 xp each. I have a character with only 90hp who can easily kill them with a crappy Shotgun.

Well, I'm not so bumish as you thought.I'm able to craft MK 2 armor and grease gun easily.I'm speaking about higher caps cause I need 8000 for 2 levels of gunsmith SM.Thanks anyway :)
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 06:15:16 pm »

I don't understand how did I manage not to delete this game since now.I packed my items and went back near NCR to build a new tent.Was 3 steps from my destination and POOF an encounter.AND A FKING BUGGED ONE.WHICH HAPPENED THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK.The loading screen appears and you can wait forever.Then you just press escape and LOGIN and see that you're dead and some random bluesuit gathering a fortune.It always happens only on encounters where players are.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.372 seconds with 22 queries.