4 chars
5 chars
6 chars
7 chars
8 chars
9 chars
10 and more chars

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How many chars do you USE periodically?  (Read 5053 times)

How many chars do you USE periodically?
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:10:56 am »

Another statistic question. Sorry for little kind of spam, but i have to repeat, this information should devs, admins gather from the begining of this project, to get relevant overview about situation (not from whining individual users like Vedaras, Lordus, Maszrum and Crazy,.. no offense :) ).

It is not about chars you created (and then left from some reason), but it is about all chars you regulary, periodicaly use (once per 2 weeks, but it could be even more days, if you i.e. craft ammo for your char only monthly. Point is not to count abandoned chars. Does not matter, you did not created that char (i.e. shared crafter, mutant leader), point is to get info how many alts you need to use to enjoy your game. Also, if you left, fonline, you can answer as well, if you still remember that number.

Of course, you can post your response here and write what chars you use.

EDIT: I replace word alt by word CHARS like characters, because alt was confusing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:08:13 am by GaiusCesar »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: How many alts do you USE periodically?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:24:57 am »

how many alts you need to use to enjoy your game.

None. One main character is enough :)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

avv

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 10:31:12 am »

In the last wipe's ban list there was a russian with 7 alts.

None. One main character is enough :)

+gm powers.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 10:36:49 am »

+gm powers.

Good to know that you are no better than any other 2238 trollshits, mister avv. Noted that.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Re: How many chars do you USE periodically?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 11:19:39 am »

I use 3 chars, main batle character, trader and crafter, but i also use services of teamates if i need to craft or upgrade something that i cant do with my own chars.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:30:36 pm »

(not from whining individual users like Vedaras, Lordus, Maszrum and Crazy,.. no offense :) ).

Damn, I didn't notice I was whining so much!

Well anyway, I use often 4 different char. All PvP characters.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 01:31:57 pm »

highest amount was like 6 chars..
all kinds of, unarmed, sniper, sneaker and so on..
since the last wipe, i use only one unarmed char and its enough to enjoy the game..

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 05:39:05 pm »

Let's see:
- main char - melee + repair + taxi + armorer 3rd level, doesn't belong to any faction
- flamer girl, consider her as combat char - BG + doctor 3rd level, VC Citizen
- slaver - SG, I don't like this char a lot, I use him only for catching peasants/homestaders to mine with them
- crafter SG2/BG2, he is also the "leader" in my private base and slave/merc keeper

I've tried to combine few functions on each char, however I surrendered after trying to make slaver + SG2 crafter + doctor 2nd level in one. Making separated slaver alt and crafting alt was just easier. I could try to use less chars (main + "combat" are those I use the most often) and still enjoy the game, but why should I limit myself?

Also in our bases there are 1-lvl "leaders" to manage terminals and keep mercenaries on them. Hard to say they are used to "play" actually, but it's simply comfortable when few people knows passwords and doesn't need to wait for "real" leader just to add yet another alt.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:27 pm »

Bo0m :
-sniper / SG BURSTER,
-BG,
-FAST SHOT ENERGY,
-unarmed,
-Sniper V2,
-ULTIMATE TAXI,
-suka BOOM,
- Mutant master.

8 - enough.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 09:58:22 pm »

I find the most fun for me is playing with only one character. I already had my fair share of trying out different alts etc, but that's just not my cup of tea.

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:07:16 pm »

I find the most fun for me is playing with only one character. I already had my fair share of trying out different alts etc, but that's just not my cup of tea.

"so guise, im gonna play ONLY on ONE CHAR this wipe, no exceptions" - Nexxos, 28.08.

And how did it turn out? 8 chars, not fun.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »

Nice naivity about one char only. I agree that you can play only with one char, if you dont PvP, but if you PvP, you need:

1) main battle characters: long range and short range (because big gun burster cant to almost anytning in Klamath and your SGsniper is dead immediately in Redding .. switching weapons does not help, cause the effectivity is bad)

2) if you pvp, you need somewhere to get weapons, ammo, armor and drugs, so you need at least one from those chars:

weapon crafter, armor crafter, drug crafter, looter, trader, thief

3) also you can use special chars like:

lockpicker, mutant leader, demoman, spy, transporter

So if you 3 or 4 chars are minimal for pvp and of course, you have to use services of your mates (mostly drug crafters). Also there are people, who likes testing new builds, and they can have even 10 main battle characters.

I seriously hope this could help devs to implement new changes to skill system. Of course, they will not eliminate alternative main battle characters, but at least reducing the neccesity in MBT  and weapon crafter is good way how to eliminate secondary unnecesary alts.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 10:54:06 pm »

3 ::)

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 11:18:35 pm »

I've got one and feel like idiot, since everyone boosts themselves with alternative characters that have none or good reputation.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 11:30:33 pm »

I've got one and feel like idiot, since everyone boosts themselves with alternative characters that have none or good reputation.

Problem is, that your one char approach is not rewarded in the game. You raise your reputation i.e. but why? No need to. If there would be implemented some reward (i.e.: possesion of some location in city, better tent, house), you will feel like king, that you need only one char to enjoy your game.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.571 seconds with 26 queries.