"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:33:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Supermutants are killing the PvP  (Read 6710 times)

Supermutants are killing the PvP
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:54:03 pm »

Supermutants destroy PvP because they are cheap, can do instakill damage on the most frequented places in cities (entrances), where you dont have any chance to succesfully defend them, players with dual log dont need to control the leader and de facto, everyone with second computer is capable to use them as a powerfull secondary attack, so in fact, in every TC pvp, there is a huge threat that defending gang will be wipe out immediately. Current http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-and-forget Fire and forget tactic is only helping players who cheat (dual or fast relog) and it si punishment of players that are playing regulary.

Combat often consist of situations, where in small maps, like Redding, South and Downtown entrace and adjacent places are zones of death. I dont see anything balanced on situation, where gang fully equiped enter area and is smashed up by teleport of 5 rockets mutants, that can fire at least twice before they are eliminated, but it means that victims are killed too. Fact is that supermutants use mainly huge teams, with more than 15 players they dont need it. There are often 15 supermutants during one combat.

So, my suggestion is very humble: Do something with this.

THANK YOU, Developers.
Re: Supermutants are killing the PvP
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »

I'm going to agree with this, 1 guy having the power of a small super army isn't right. maybe make it so that each supermutant takes up 3 or 4 follower slots?
I have the patience of a chopping block...

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:05:40 pm »

The amount of follower slots and other merc related stuff will probably soon get reworked.

Signorini

• [VBD] Breaking your Dreams!!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:22:34 pm »

Army of mutant isn´t invencible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yboRnAP9n6g
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:43:40 pm »

I am curious as to why you think supermutants are "cheap" if that refers to the price at all your crazy.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:13 pm »

Army of mutant isn´t invencible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yboRnAP9n6g

You miss the point. Problem is, where all of you stay at city spawn point or in rocket launcher shoot range near those spawn points. Then every mutants spawn is equal to very quick death without any possible chance to defend yourself.

Of course, if enemy supermutant is in city, or you are not at those spawn points, you can kill them easily by snipers, but this is not the topic about this thread.

I can imagine that there will be some solution of kind that you will be able to have only one supermutant, but in situation, where i.e. 5 enemies can use second dual log, there will be no limitation to those 5 players use 5 alts with 5 supermutants and strike very same like now. Again, numerous and cheating gangs would still have advance against small one and not cheating.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:57:25 pm »

Supermutants destroy PvP because they are cheap
Fixing economy will also fix Supermutant's problem, I think.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:02:43 pm »

One question:

In which era there was not any caps bug or unbalance mechanism that ends in state where everyone or at least major gangs had zilions of caps on their accounts?

I cant remember even one. So i am very pessimistic in this.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:30 am »

The era where bank interests were not activated.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

avv

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 02:32:30 pm »

The amount of follower slots and other merc related stuff will probably soon get reworked.

It's just not the slots or price. It's the fact that npcs got instant reflexes. I run past a window and cross mutant's LoS for 0,2 seconds, the mutie turns without any delay and shoots rocket.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 03:15:19 pm »

It s hard to fight with enemy if  use supermutants on TC battles, even more if they enter 3mercs commanders 3x5=15 supermutants on grid and 15 players. Its their choice that they cant play normal PvP and they are afraid of loosing battle and must use that things . Anyway devs should use their imagination? and change something.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 03:31:44 pm »

I know the Master has died quite a long time ago, but, what has happened to Supermutants' good old racial pride? Muties have gone from total racism to letting humans use them as tanks. What would the Master say!?

F.E.V. Power! F.E.V. Power! F.E.V. Power!

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:17 pm »

The era where bank interests were not activated.
The era where TC wasn't bugged.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 03:36:25 pm »

I know the Master has died quite a long time ago, but, what has happened to Supermutants' good old racial pride? Muties have gone from total racism to letting humans use them as tanks. What would the Master say!?

F.E.V. Power! F.E.V. Power! F.E.V. Power!

In 2238, the master isn't dead, even though the crater suggests the opposite. ;)

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »

Hmm, this topic reminds me one interesting thing that I saw in another Fonline server:
Every 21st lvl player, that is in the "Super mutants faction" could get one of two available super mutant skins and since they can't wear any armor, they get a bonuses to their stats equal to Combat Armor and Combat Armor MK2 depending on the type of skin. This equates the difference between the normal player and a player with a super mutant skin. Maybe we should do something similar to this on 2238?
On topic: ffs, what's the problem, you can go and buy mutie too!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:12:59 pm by Graf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 28 queries.