"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 07:36:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question about repairs  (Read 2755 times)

Question about repairs
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:46:13 am »

Ok, so I can see that the chance to repair isn't like the number (example 70% repair, not being 70% chance of success), so the question is, at what repair % is it good?

Snackish

• God damn cows.
Re: Question about repairs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:48:58 am »

I'm at 150 percent on my character and i repair 7/10 times so that would be good i guess.
The most satisfying thing is bursting a cow for 460 damage, makes me tingle all over.

Phallus Erectus

• Simple and really not crazy
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 02:42:53 am »

Tools and Super Tool Kits raise repair by 50% and 100% respectively for use of repair skill.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 05:01:26 am »

It depends on the stuff you want to repair too, a 9mm Mauser is easier to fix then a brotherhood armor.
If you want to repair sg3 bg3 or armorer3 items i would suggest at least 150% repair skill with tool and 200% without tool.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 06:29:48 am »

The item you're repairing matters, but the most important thing is.... Break Count.
Newly crafted stuff is easy to repair.  Encounter guns are hard to repair.  They have multiple break counts.
Every time you repair, you add a break count, unless the item is broken completely and you repair it fully.
Use the Search, there should be a few topics on this.
So, an Armorer 3, with 180% repair, should be able to repair most things with a tool, and almost everything with a super tool kit.  200% repair plus a tool or super tool kit should be plenty for any repairs you need.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:14:18 am »

Every time you repair, you add a break count, unless the item is broken completely and you repair it fully.
This part is confusing.
Let me explain on an example: when you have weapon deteriorated to 40% and you repair it successfuly to 20% and then to 0% it won't increase the "break count". When you fail multiple times and damage the weapon to 100% (deterioration)="the weapon is broken" then the "break count" will increase by 1. Maximum you can have is 10 point of "break count" then the weapon is unrepairable.
So it's always good to repair your stuff to make it in good condition. (less filures, better protection from armours, 20XP from a single repair :))
Items from encounters already have "break count" from 5-9 as far as I know.

And I can say that with 150% repair and tool I repair 9/10. And with supertool it's always success.

Snackish

• God damn cows.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »

The item you're repairing matters, but the most important thing is.... Break Count.
Newly crafted stuff is easy to repair.  Encounter guns are hard to repair.  They have multiple break counts.
Use the Search, there should be a few topics on this.
So, an Armorer 3, with 180% repair, should be able to repair most things with a tool, and almost everything with a super tool kit.  200% repair plus a tool or super tool kit should be plenty for any repairs you need.

The thing about adding a break count per repair is wrong.
It only adds a break count IF you let it go to the stage where it says it looks a little broken and then you repair it which adds a break count.
The most satisfying thing is bursting a cow for 460 damage, makes me tingle all over.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 05:46:09 pm »

The thing about adding a break count per repair is wrong.
It only adds a break count IF you let it go to the stage where it says it looks a little broken and then you repair it which adds a break count.

Then how come something repaired sells for less at merchants?  For example, a leather jacket at 90% never repaired sells for 250 caps.  But if you repair it down to, say, 65% and it says "This item has been repaired", then it sells for less at vendors.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 06:55:36 pm »

Then how come something repaired sells for less at merchants?  For example, a leather jacket at 90% never repaired sells for 250 caps.  But if you repair it down to, say, 65% and it says "This item has been repaired", then it sells for less at vendors.

Repairing it counts as a break count. So, because that adds to it, it takes away from the price. Unless you get +40 Exp (instead of 20 for normal repair), which means it didn't add to the break count.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:33:05 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »

Repairing it counts as a break count. So, because that adds to it, it takes away from the price. Unless you get +40 Exp (instead of 20 for normal repair), which means it didn't add to the break count.

Well see, that's what I thought, and what  I said.  But backora and Snackish seemed to disagree with me.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 11:56:34 pm »

Well see, that's what I thought, and what  I said.  But backora and Snackish seemed to disagree with me.
Well, because when you have a new gun, destroy it to 50% and repair it without breaking it. Merchants will still pay full price for it (so no break count added). At least this is my experience. :-\
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 12:25:46 am »

The only factors (from what i know) are how many times the item has broken, your repair, and if you have a tool or not.

The item does NOT matter. Same chance with a Pipe Rifle than you have with a Avenger.
Everything must change.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 12:27:26 am »

The only factors (from what i know) are how many times the item has broken, your repair, and if you have a tool or not.

The item does NOT matter. Same chance with a Pipe Rifle than you have with a Avenger.
which makes no sense btw :).  (but true)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 01:11:45 am »

Well, because when you have a new gun, destroy it to 50% and repair it without breaking it. Merchants will still pay full price for it (so no break count added). At least this is my experience. :-\

I don't think that's how it works.  If you have it at 99%, never repaired, it's the same value as 0%, brand new.  But repair it once, and the price goes down.  I'm pretty sure.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 08:10:38 am »

I just wait until something hits the broken stage and repair it, my repair/doc/merc leader has around 200% repair and i rarely fail when its completely broken to bring it down to 0% without a break count.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 23 queries.